Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Why are all PoE players trannies or gays?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why are all PoE players trannies or gays?
I know she looks like a boy, but Lily ain't a tranny. While there are some streamers who do the whole "me inclooosive, all ppl are welcome" thing, but none of them are actually part of the alphabet afaik.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I guess we'll never know what happened there.

WoW/Activision happened.
That too.

But it was really the end of meritocracy that brought them down. In other words diversity hiring.

Right now game development is staff limited. That means every failed game is also a different game that couldn’t be made. Its not a money problem. This is literally not enough skilled staff out there to spend all the money that has been invested.

Which is a huge part of the problem. More and more people without industry experience are getting hired into senior or management positions and completely fucking it
- Mark Maratea, Former Principal Engineer at Activision Blizzard (company) (2018–2019)
I guess at some point we're gonna wise up to the fact it's professional competency after all that makes the world whirr around. Here's hoping it won't be too late by then.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Watched some videos. Seems better than D3 but worse than D1/2. Simple as that.

Download Belzebub mod for d1 and play it. Much better.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Groans

No. It's a feat we as players didn't see. Tassadar is not a player character. Kerrigan is not a player character. Plus, she did defend civilians from the Protoss in Mission 9.

Mission 9, New Gettysburg. Terran forces protect a Zerg Base from the Protoss, Zergs that have murdered millions of Confederate civvies and caused the fall of the biggest organized government in the Sector. Kerrigan indirectly ensures the death of a shitton of people. Contra the cut mission on Antiga Prime where she and Raynor would have fought with Tassadar to protect colonists.

Also, when exactly Tassadar and Raynor become BFF? It just happens.

Presumably because their fleets have already taken a toll *and* they might want to keep Aiur and Shakuras intact?

*insert joke about Xel Naga temple blowing up planet*

Gameplay and story that do not connect. If the Protoss could have sterilized planets, they would have made the gameplay senseless, but Aliens Burning Worlds is cool so they kept it. Incoherent but functional.

Why do you feel you need to witness all the interactions of these characters on-screen, and that them having interactions you do not see is bad plot? They are not player characters, they are NPCs. Yes, even Raynor.

Yes, it is. The plot does not exist for the sake of the plot, it exists for the benefit of the player. SC1's plot is barebones and it happens because it happens. This is what got us to SC2 where Raynor kills hundreds to get some pussy, because lovelovelove. SC2's plot was so goddamn anime it made me legit angry, at least SC1 is merely functional.

Disclaimer: I am not saying SC plot is the second coming of Homer or whatever. It is servicable. The issue is, your arguments and/or premise are flawed.

I will indulge you one last time: the ambience of SC1 and its gameplay connections are serviceable. The plot is barebones, incoherent at the service of the game (and it's good thing) and WC3 narratively did it better. Now, shoo.

Perkel

Arcane
My buddy who wrote that is actually a PoE autist, can you even read nigger

The argument is retarded when you realize that arpgs are essentially twin stick shooters. Sure k+m is more precise for stuff like teleport etc. but having direct control over movement is just nicer way to feel gameplay. Instead of character following your input you are directly steering character. IT just feels better. I'm fine with trading efficiency of k+m for actual better combat feel. Just like i am fine trading mouse steering precision and keyboard instant inputs in racing game for wheel experience feel.

Also so far D4 seems like made more for k+m rather than pad. You can see how pad ui is unfinished still while k+m is finished. For example on pad you can't move items around in inventory or your box other that move them from one to other box. You can't see what stat like STR does as this is only mouse only pop up menu etc.

perkel hasn't played PoE beyond the campaign in years, you're better off watching Ziz quick impressions:
1st. I got to T15s late fall. It is still boring as shit as it was 2 years ago. Nothing changed. Around mid tier maps game becomes just a boring grind.

2nd. Stop sucking so much cock for GGG.

3rd. Ziz Krip and other Twich streamer hoes aren't really any barometer to what is good or not. They are literally paid to play this shit. If no one would watch POE they would abandon that ship faster than you. It's literally their job to be clown for audience and say what their audience wants to hear.

Also my problems with POE aren't coming from me not being competitive to retard like you but from deep foundational issues that shake POE and can't be any longer hidden as time progresses and they add more bricks up.

Lets say while PoE2 was started as D4 killer, this D4 will not even affect PoE1 player base.

Judging by how POE progresses and how POE2 is supposed to marry old and new. That's probably true. Not because D4 won't be competitive with POE but that POE will shit under itself sooner or later. Assuming GGG won't got to chopping block because they know something isn't right and they are just too scared of community backlash (aka losing money) to do anything about it. Kind of like WOW. At some point it became shit for players and they started to abandon sinking ship.

Like right now it just feels much better to play D4 early game than POE early game. Not because I played POE campaign 100s of times over but because there is actually true malee combat, there is actual tactic to each encounter, mobs have meaning instead of being shit that dies on on hit, mobs can do CC on you and both you and monsters dodge, evade, wave, pull push etc. as combat goes.

Also POE2 is nowhere near completion. Last time we heard from GGG last year they were starting doing ACT3 (out of 7) after nearly 3 years since reveal. Moreover none of big major reworks are in. No slot overhaul in sight, no new item bases in sight. They tried few times to bring back power level like with mana rebalance but community almost killed them.

Imho POE2 is probably in developement hell. It's clear developers want different game than zoomers they grown want so they had to revise their plans and probably realized that they don't have idea for POE2 aside from new sudo extra new classes and new campaign.

Funny thing is that D4 looks like it incorporates design keys POE2 wanted to make in their old presentation. Tactical hard combat (POE zoomers hate that), bosses with movesets (POE zoomers hate that), slow gameplay (POE zoomer reallly hate that)

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Blizzard North is long gone, the main Blizzard has always been about the Warcraft franchise and Diablo was Blizzard North's baby which resulted in D3 —Blizzard's attempt to tackle the Diablo franchise. I enjoyed D1 and D2 for the simple atmospheric games they were, and D3 tried both to "lighten up" the atmosphere and make the game more of a chore, making it multiplayer and other such cancer.

Blizzard never understood Diablo and why should they have? It was never their game. I passed on D3 and if D4 fails to meet my standards and expectations, I'll happily pass on that too. I don't have time to spend on "entertainment" that doesn't entertain me.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Groans MOAR
Mission 9, New Gettysburg. Terran forces protect a Zerg Base from the Protoss, Zergs that have murdered millions of Confederate civvies and caused the fall of the biggest organized government in the Sector. Kerrigan indirectly ensures the death of a shitton of people.
And why did Kerrigan volunteer to wreck the Protoss fleet? Cuz she felt they came to Tarsonis to wipe the entire planet out. Mission motherfucking briefieng. DID. YOU. WATCH. IT?
Contra the cut mission on Antiga Prime where she and Raynor would have fought with Tassadar to protect colonists.
Which, tbh, wouldn't make sense in the context of Tassadar introducing himself to Kerrigan in Zerg mission 6. It then stands to reason that, while he observed her actions, they have never met.
Also, when exactly Tassadar and Raynor become BFF? It just happens.
Who cares when that happens? Is the plot of Bloodlines (again), worse for the fact that we do not get to see Caine the Cabbie befriending Jack? Or LaCroix making his alliance with Ming Xiao?
*insert joke about Xel Naga temple blowing up planet*
Joys of using barely understood ancient alien tech.
Gameplay and story that do not connect.
Somewhat, sadly. Tho the biggest contrast is not cutscene power to the max, but the other way around. In a mission I get to build TWELVE BATTLECRUISERS, while the cutscenes/briefings suggest the Sons of Korhal have maybe like 3, and by the last mission Raynor has just the Hyperion. It is even clearer in the Protoss campaign, what with the Gantrithor and the Hyperion being the only capital ships ever shown, contrasted with Carrier spam of the actual missions.
If the Protoss could have sterilized planets, they would have made the gameplay senseless, but Aliens Burning Worlds is cool so they kept it. Incoherent but functional.
Disagreed. Protoss ran around burning unprotected worlds during the Terran Campaign, but once they were met in battle in Mission 9, their fleet was wrecked and later no longer able to perform such operations.
Yes, it is. The plot does not exist for the sake of the plot, it exists for the benefit of the player.
Yes, and the plot does benefit the player by propping up interesting mission scenarios. But you avoided my question:
Why do you feel you need to witness all the interactions of these characters on-screen?
SC1's plot is barebones and it happens because it happens.
Oh no, do you mean to tell me that the plot is not player-driven? Teh horrorz.
This is what got us to SC2 where Raynor kills hundreds to get some pussy, because lovelovelove. SC2's plot was so goddamn anime it made me legit angry
Same here, let's not get into THAT can of worms.
I will indulge you one last time: (...). Now, shoo.
Make me :troll:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Me too, Atlantico. I enjoyed Diablo 1/2, I would't classify them as RPG's, only action dungeon crawlers with light rpg elements, but D3 is just rainbow slot machine simulator.

Perkel

Arcane
Me too, Atlantico. I enjoyed Diablo 1/2, I would't classify them as RPG's, only action dungeon crawlers with light rpg elements, but D3 is just rainbow slot machine simulator.

We call that ARPG. Action-RPG. Or diablo-like. D3 is shit but it is still arpg.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Diablo-likes are hopeless. Someone make Nox-likes.
1679233170294.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
1st. I got to T15s late fall. It is still boring as shit as it was 2 years ago. Nothing changed. Around mid tier maps game becomes just a boring grind.
Reaching t15s once every 2 years doesn't make you qualified to make general statements about the game. Have you ever beaten Sirus or Maven or Uber Elder? You're just a retard who still can't let go of the past, while everybody has moved on. They even released Ruthless mode for grognards like you, yet you still want regular PoE to change into a completely different game. Every post you make in the PoE thread shows two things: you're out of your depth and you like talking endlessly about your own retarded vision for the game.

Also my problems with POE aren't coming from me not being competitive to retard like you but from deep foundational issues that shake POE and can't be any longer hidden as time progresses and they add more bricks up.
The deep foundational issues are in the way the proteins combined in your brain during formation. They shake this forum every day.

Ziz Krip and other Twich streamer hoes aren't really any barometer to what is good or not. They are literally paid to play this shit. If no one would watch POE they would abandon that ship faster than you. It's literally their job to be clown for audience and say what their audience wants to hear.
Compared to you they have all vastly more experience with PoE in all stages of the game and can draw comparisons to D4 from that. They have also been vetted by the community over the years to be good at the game and to provide accurate information. If you were to try streaming, people would either bully you into suicide or simply ignore you. Because you're bad at the game and you're incapable of expressing yourself in a non-retarded way.

Also POE2 is nowhere near completion. Last time we heard from GGG last year they were starting doing ACT3 (out of 7) after nearly 3 years since reveal. Moreover none of big major reworks are in. No slot overhaul in sight, no new item bases in sight.
You have no insider knowledge of their workflow. By all accounts GGG has shifted a lot of their manpower onto PoE2 production and has been aggressively hiring after the lockdown was lifted over New Zealand. Moreover the "slot overhaul" and new item bases were never slated to be released prior to PoE2. You're a retard btw.

Imho POE2 is probably in developement hell. It's clear developers want different game than zoomers they grown want so they had to revise their plans and probably realized that they don't have idea for POE2 aside from new sudo extra new classes and new campaign.
You're talking out of your ass again. PoE2 is the overhaul of the campaign and the campaign doesn't have the same design constraints as the endgame maps do, where all the zoomers spend 99% of their playtime. Zoomers won't even care about the new campaign, because zoomers only care about blasting maps. GGG is free to make the new campaign as chill as they see fit.

Perkel

Arcane
Reaching t15s once every 2 years doesn't make you qualified to make general statements about the game. Have you ever beaten Sirus or Maven or Uber Elder? You're just a retard who still can't let go of the past, while everybody has moved on.

See, you are soo retarded that you don't realize you are self owning yourself.

Compared to you they have all vastly more experience with PoE in all stages of the game and can draw comparisons to D4 from that. They have also been vetted by the community over the years to be good at the game and to provide accurate information. If you were to try streaming, people would either bully you into suicide or simply ignore you. Because you're bad at the game and you're incapable of expressing yourself in a non-retarded way.

I don't question their ability to do stuff. Much like i don't question your ability to reach point X in game (but for some reason you do constantly)

My point is why the fuck i would do that in first place ? I finished grinds of elder/shaper back when they were the "end" and by far they were the worst part of Path of Exile. Your fun building stops to be replaced by daily grind of barely any improvement unless you start to do two things. Trade or watchingbuilds/pob which is effectively cheating.

Situation isn't any different with Sirius and Maven and uber ubers. It's just a carrot on stick so the dogs like you can chase it in never ending grind wheel. Tried it once when Sirius was out and just got bored to death by grind.

You are typical exampe of MMO retard who likes to chop wood for few real life months for his guild.

I'd rather focus my time on something fun to me. Aka building my own builds from things i find and reroll constantly not to get borred when i reach high end maps.

You have no insider knowledge of their workflow. By all accounts GGG has shifted a lot of their manpower onto PoE2 production and has been aggressively hiring after the lockdown was lifted over New Zealand. Moreover the "slot overhaul" and new item bases were never slated to be released prior to PoE2. You're a retard btw.

Them working on ACT3 is not insider knowledge, they stated it last year. POE is years away. There is exile con coming but i doubt they will show anything new. GGG is probably shocked as we do when D4 was announced and will be released in less than 2 years. They probably counted on 2025 or 2026.

As for insider knowledge. Once you start to get interested in design and game production you quickly understand some things.
They said that they want to rework completely major things in POE2 and most of those things will come to POE before release of POE2.

None of major changes are even on horizon. Which means they don't have POE2 coming anywhere soon. More that that. If it would be coming in say next year then they should already do some of those reworks. Yet none of them are in POE right now or are coming.

You're talking out of your ass again. PoE2 is the overhaul of the campaign and the campaign doesn't have the same design constraints as the endgame maps do, where all the zoomers spend 99% of their playtime. Zoomers won't even care about the new campaign, because zoomers only care about blasting maps. GGG is free to make the new campaign as chill as they see fit.

Full stop. They officially announced big mechanic changes coming to POE2 that will get integrated into POE1. Maps are just assets and textures with some shitty mechanics attached to them. They don't matter that much. Revising how sockets work is huge matter that touches foundations of core gameplay that can't be done easily, not with such baggage of content they try to carry over.

Perkel

Arcane
Well there seems to be change to itemization from D3 and other diablo likes.

normal - duh
magic - 2 affixes
rare - 5 affixes
legendary - 4 affixes + legendary power
unique - fixed affixes and build changing properties
set - they don't exist in D4

In D3 Legendaries were uniques. In D4 they are just higher tier of rare with power.

magic item affixes have best rolls possible (D2 way)
rares have the most affixes (d2 way)
legendaries have 4 affixes but of lower roll than rares

As you can see in the end game rares and in some special builds magic items will be end game gear. You can extract legendary power from legendary and slap it on magic or rare. The tradeoff is that it gets smaller range than original item.

On other hand uniquids have fixed (with range) affixes that are supposed to be build changing and they won't even drop before you upgrade tiers of dungeons.

Sets don't exist in D4 which is pretty big change. Frankly good. D3 sets shown all that is wrong about them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom