Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What the hell is this logic? Spamming 1 to 2 buttons is fun, and having to actually use a tiny part your tiny brain to press 6 buttons is boring. Just what

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Sorry for actually wanting to play a game with actual gameplay instead of a walking pinhata loot simulator.

bloodlover

Arcane
After trying this, my conclusion is that I will buy Diablo 4 from sale at some point in the future. It's just ok.
Definitely not worth the 70, 80 or whatever the fuck bucks they are asking for now.
What boggles my mind is the "end game" being dungeons and key farming for those nightmare dungeons. So you get gear to just see numbers go up? No bosses or even challenges to test if your build is shit or not?
I'd wait a year to get the full version after the inevitable community finally realizes the game has the depth of a watery tart and Blizz takes 1 year to address all that shit because they are a inefficient corpo cock sucking structure.

That is the endgame for the genre. You get better gear to do dungeons/maps a bit faster. Even killing the endgame boss, more gear just lets you kill it faster/safer. I wouldn't call this a problem tbh.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can see combat getting irritating after a while. While fun at first, I do not see myself enjoying needing to use 6 buttons or so all the time until I stop playing. In D2 my Necro basically used 2 buttons, one for curse and one for Bone spell of choice. I would need to resummon some skeletons sometimes but that was not in every battle.

Play D3 disintegration sorc. Hold disintegrate button. Spin in circles. Win.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

tl;dw:

- druid highlights problems in the design that weren't apparent before
- legendaries won't be as available on launch (this is why the game feels so easy atm: it's tuned around you having 1-2 legendaries instead of a full equip)
- ressource generation is bad on Barb and Drood, but on Drood it's especially weird
- high resource cost/cooldown on skills contradicts Blizzard's stated goal of D4 being designed towards casuals. Makes skills like Corpse Explosion an obvious outlier.
- respec cost goes up the more you do it. permanently. very anti-casual.
- Last Epog respec system would be a much better fit
- people who love D3 for the power fantasy won't get it in D4, because Legendaries will be rare on release
- Ziz wants D4, Last Epog and PoE to be as different from each other as possible
- Ziz thinks that D4 isn't differentiating themselves enough
- dungeon design is dated and the re-use of bosses is lame
- "kill every single monster" mission is aids
- level scaling aids is more noticeable on druid than Oblivion
- Blizzard has a big monetary incentive on making the seasons good (COPIUM)

Reinhardt

Arcane
(this is why the game feels so easy atm: it's tuned around you having 1-2 legendaries instead of a full equip)
2 is enough. i had 1 important(two hydras instead of one) and 1 useful(shield when attacking named monsters) on my sorceress. don't even remember what others i had despite being in full orange. everything just died.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
2 is enough. i had 1 important(two hydras instead of one) and 1 useful(shield when attacking named monsters) on my sorceress. don't even remember what others i had despite being in full orange. everything just died.
Unless they nerf her, Sorc is going to be fine regardless of the Legendary drop situation. Also: good luck finding those specific affixes with the lowered drop rate.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Unless they nerf her, Sorc is going to be fine regardless of the Legendary drop situation. Also: good luck finding those specific affixes with the lowered drop rate.
Not much of a problem if every item that drops is catered to your class.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

"not a guide" but is still a showcase of his build. Alkaizer is very good at making melee characters in PoE and D2/D3.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
dpE9kM1.png

Druids are weak btw. I'm out, peace

Zlaja

Arcane
I couldn't beat Den Mother boss with my Barb. I tried semi-kiting it with bleed damage, but I couldn't avoid its attacks enough. The fucking thing is too fast and relentless. Got her to 25%, but that was that.

I then tried making a Druid, but went "nope" after seeing the size of that elephant. Finally, I tried making a respectable looking Rogue, but had to cancel because I was vomiting all over the place.

cool dynamically scaled gamer trick:
kill osgar reede for two of his level 35 mace of blazing furor or a random level 25 2hander
downlevel them to level 1 by applying a legendary aspect to it, still keeping the stats the same
make a level 1 barbarian
get a friend to pull you through the prologue without actually getting any of the kill exp aside from the ones that are required, or use the exploitable bug to skip the EXP given in the prologue entirely
1shot the act 1 boss with enhanced lunging strike or bash
watch as your friend crumbles into fucking dust when they come to the unironic realization that EXP == bad

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

tl;dw:

- legendaries won't be as available on launch (this is why the game feels so easy atm: it's tuned around you having 1-2 legendaries instead of a full equip)
- ressource generation is bad on Barb and Drood, but on Drood it's especially weird
- high resource cost/cooldown on skills contradicts Blizzard's stated goal of D4 being designed towards casuals. Makes skills like Corpse Explosion an obvious outlier.
- people who love D3 for the power fantasy won't get it in D4, because Legendaries will be rare on release
- Ziz wants D4, Last Epog and PoE to be as different from each other as possible

After having played Druid which I also plan to play on release, I'm convinced their specialization must provide resource generation. If it doesn't and the resource gen is actually intended, that class is going to win the prize for the most ass aRPG experience ever made

ArchAngel

Arcane
Blizzard games go on sale?
Wtf when was it on sale
amerikanski valentine's day, a few weeks ago. On their store (battle.net app but probably site too)
I was just looking to buy D2R on my Xbox but it costs 35 E which is way too much and I do not see the redeem button that would let me get it from some key reseller site.. apparently D2R works better with a controller because they let you map skills directly to buttons and also game starts auto using potions from your inventory when you drink all those in your belt LOL

ArchAngel

Arcane

tl;dw:

After having played Druid which I also plan to play on release, I'm convinced their specialization must provide resource generation. If it doesn't and the resource gen is actually intended, that class is going to win the prize for the most ass aRPG experience ever made

Once I got some good gear for my Druid and settled on best combination of skills Druid was lots of fun to play. If I ever buy full version I think I am going to main him again.

But I was able to get Necro to 25 as well today before Beta shut down. Went summons and bone spells. Ran out of slots for skills as skeletons+Golem take two slots (I even found a use for Ultimate from Necro as you can get good cooldown reduction skills with bone spells+ curses). The 6 slot system is kind of cancer but I think they made that for the consoles and I guess they care less about PC players.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
I'm fine with limiting skill slots although i think 8 is the sweet spot like in Guild Wars and controllers can do 10 (14 with dpad) so it's not a good excuse. D2's one point wonders were bad design.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm fine with limiting skill slots although i think 8 is the sweet spot like in Guild Wars and controllers can do 10 (14 with dpad) so it's not a good excuse. D2's one point wonders were bad design.
It was never 1 point, at least 2 since on Hell all enemies had some elemental immunity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom