Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
And just like the movie, the class is mid at best.

Elttharion

Learned
Ok, Reddit did something good for once.

huji29xfh4ra1.jpg
MqY9aocpZN650paSdgjlGChy9uIPTznYa1hYk-hMWY0.jpg

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I have no problem with some other person being able to RP a fat cunt if they want to, I just don't see why we are all forced into using the same damn body type
Because the people asking for alternative body-type choices for years finally got one that represents their lard-body, and are immediately thinking less of you for asking for alternative body-type choices.

Was actually very hyped to play Druid, and it played great during Endgame beta. Leveling is fucking painful though, and I don't wanna play an elephant. The new Buzzword thats floating around is "Strongman" but I don't really see how someone who is in tune with nature and the elements and lives off of foraging and hunting would be able to get this fucking fat. It's not even muscles, it's just plain fat.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I have no problem with some other person being able to RP a fat cunt if they want to, I just don't see why we are all forced into using the same damn body type
Because it's important that fat people feel seen. Little do they know how hard it is to not see them.

Yosharian

Arcane
Because the people asking for alternative body-type choices for years finally got one that represents their lard-body, and are immediately thinking less of you for asking for alternative body-type choices.

Was actually very hyped to play Druid, and it played great during Endgame beta. Leveling is fucking painful though, and I don't wanna play an elephant. The new Buzzword thats floating around is "Strongman" but I don't really see how someone who is in tune with nature and the elements and lives off of foraging and hunting would be able to get this fucking fat. It's not even muscles, it's just plain fat.
I enjoyed playing Druid too. It was very challenging.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I enjoyed playing Druid too. It was very challenging.
Druid becomes an absolute powerhouse later on, it's just that leveling is incredibly boring due to the low spirit generation. Specializations help a bit, but its still a class that could definitely do with either spirit cost reduction on Core skills, or simply have passive Spirit generation.

What bother me, is that Druid was my favorite class in D2, but I simply can't get over the fact that they turned a very cool looking master of the elements and shapeshifter into... whatever the fuck D4 druid is. It's particularly weird, seeing how they managed to make solid looking "bulky" characters in the Crusader and female Barb in D3, but I guess they had to one-up themselves and add a character model that fits half their development team.

abija

Prophet
Those chars aren't build like her though. Not even close to same body type. It's 7 parts fat vs 3 parts muscle + 2 parts fat.
Strongman is correct, but sure it makes 0 sense for druid to look like that.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Diablo Druids are just an offshoot tribe from Barbarians. They aren't tree worshipping hippies. They are a warrior-priest tribe and I think they used to be cannibals as well on account of their lycantrophy, although that might've either been a dream or something that was retconned later by nuBlizzard. Looking at the Diablo wiki it's also mentioned that they practice agriculture. Weird detail to include but it's there. Seems to me that they are more of a rural type than a hunter-gatherer specific society.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Druid in D2 was the gayest class anyway. Nothing of value was lost.
I am just playing D2 mod Path of Diablo and doing Rabies Werewolf and it is certainly more fun than any other melee build. No need to click on every enemy (one of the more irritating gameplay loops in D2), i just infect one and spreading poison takes care of the rest.

bloodlover

Arcane
Maybe Blizz will add a slider to make your char thicker or slimmer. And one for the size of your penis :smug:

Reinhardt

Arcane
you getting slooooooooooooowly (very slowly - surprising patience in the cinematic direction for a modern aRPG) hauled off to your doom on an old rusty cart
well, good luck trying to haul my shaneequa m'bongo druid NOT sloooooooooooooooowly.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Diablo Druids are just an offshoot tribe from Barbarians. They aren't tree worshipping hippies. They are a warrior-priest tribe and I think they used to be cannibals as well on account of their lycantrophy, although that might've either been a dream or something that was retconned later by nuBlizzard. Looking at the Diablo wiki it's also mentioned that they practice agriculture. Weird detail to include but it's there. Seems to me that they are more of a rural type than a hunter-gatherer specific society.
The Druid was not originally going to be a playable class in Diablo IV. The developers reversed course after seeing a piece of concept art.
51b487d6ee.jpg

Never said they were tree worshipping hippies, but they live in cottages and in a region that is basically just a massive overgrown wilderness. But you're right, not a hunter/gatherer type, for the most part.

Not sure about the cannibalism part, but Druids were an offshoot of barbarians when Bul'Kathos tried to unify them. They then moved into totally-not-scotland and became farmers/fishermen, swearing to protect animals and plants alike, and moving out of the the Northern Steppes. While they still practiced agriculture, it's not their main source of food, and nothing in the existing lore makes me think that this is what the regular Druid would look like. Blizz just decided to shove this new "archetype" into everybodies faces, retcon their ability to cast Fire spells despite their origins coming from the barbarian shamanism, and put a few hundred pounds on them.

Simply not appealing to me, visually.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Simply not appealing to me, visually.
And imo that's all you need to say. There's no need to rationalize it further. I like the Druid physique. I like the Barbarian physique. I don't like how Necros look like crack whores. But if Blizzard offered an actual body type choice (for all classes) then that'd probably be best for everyone.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Druids were the caste of intellectuals in Celtic society. Why even call your class Druid if it's so far removed from that archetype and it's bulky, war-mongering peasants cosplaying as animals? Also that combination of traits doesn't even make sense.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
There's no need to rationalize it further.
I'm not. The people defending it are. Many people are claiming that this is a "typical" strongman physique, which somehow makes sense for a Druid archetype, or comparing them to people living in the cold and putting on extra weight as a result, or preparing for "hibernation" etc. It's basically the arguments of people who wanna justify the style in some way, becuase the overwhelming response so far was pretty negative. Even most fat people don't wanna play a fat character (just like most anorexic people wouldn't wanna play the necro).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck this game. Fuck Blizzard.
We went from fucking massacring undead, demons and other assorted monsters in dark dungeons filled with horror to "I CAN SEE MYSEEEELF. SO GOOD! OMG, LITERALLY CRYIN' RIGHT NOW!" Now, you have to appease every nigger and fat, gluttonous slut if you hope your game is gonna score points with the video game journalists and gaymers.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Druids are at one with nature and can cast powerful magic spells, pretty sure they would be able to control their own fatness. Also if games are going to represent everyone then there need to be wheelchair bound warriors that get their wheels stuck in mud, rogues with no arms trying to kick enemies without falling over, etc.

Also trans characters, albinos, blind people, etc. "As someone with IBS I am offended at the lack of characters with shit covered legs." Zoomer fucking retards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom