Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Ugh. Just ugh. The true hellscape is at 0:28.

:prosper:

pickmeister

Learned
This reminded me videos from WoW launch and nothing there was this cringe. Now scaring your body and branding yourself like a cattle is being nornalized.
How did everything change so quickly and so much?

Artyoan

Arbiter
This reminded me videos from WoW launch and nothing there was this cringe. Now scaring your body and branding yourself like a cattle is being nornalized.
How did everything change so quickly and so much?
A void of purpose among isolated youth leaving them with little ideals/virtues to embody aside from misguided loyalty to 'friends' engaging in collective and individual self implosion.

Sykar

Arcane
New official video by the nerd version of Jared Kushner.

I to this day cannot understand why anyone would want to see the damage numbers during actual gameplay. It adds no usable information to your character. I can understand that misses and evades are shown in some way but damage numbers? Why? Especially when the numbers crank up to ridiculous levels in conjunction with high attack speed and DoTs flying around all they do is obscure more of the actual game. Absolutely retarded that these fuckwits are not turning them off outside of (dummy) tests.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned

I to this day cannot understand why anyone would want to see the damage numbers during actual gameplay. It adds no usable information to your character. I can understand that misses and evades are shown in some way but damage numbers? Why? Especially when the numbers crank up to ridiculous levels in conjunction with high attack speed and DoTs flying around all they do is obscure more of the actual game. Absolutely retarded that these fuckwits are not turning them off outside of (dummy) tests.

Crit dmg is yellow, overpower dmg is blue, crit-overpower dmg is orange. Useful to keep track of how often they proc (at least while experimenting with build tweaks).

RPK

Scholar

Crit dmg is yellow, overpower dmg is blue, crit-overpower dmg is orange. Useful to keep track of how often they proc (at least while experimenting with build tweaks).

Yeah, but you should be able to turn it off. It's just visual Diarrhea. Per post below, you have several options for changing what shows for damage numbers so, seems fine to me.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Big number good. Bigger number gooder.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yeah, but you should be able to turn it off. It's just visual Diarrhea.

There are 3 settings in the game. Show all damage numbers, show no damage numbers and show only when you do one of the special effects like critical or overpower.

RPK

Scholar

Yeah, but you should be able to turn it off. It's just visual Diarrhea.

There are 3 settings in the game. Show all damage numbers, show no damage numbers and show only when you do one of the special effects like critical or overpower.

well, I can live with that.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Our primary goal with the Layout changes was to reduce certain kinds of backtracking which detract from a player’s experience. An example of this change is that players previously needed to enter side rooms to interact with Structure Objectives, causing them to retread the same path. Now, many of our Structure Objectives have been repositioned along main dungeon pathways, making them easier for players to reach and allowing them to readily explore the dungeon after defeating the Structure.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...trospective-transforming-feedback-into-change

Just make everything a sqaure room with mobs that come to you, that way you dont have to move. Hit a few buttons, loot gets thrown at your feet in a cascade of slot machine sounds, and have a single button to press that auto selects any loot upgrades and equips them for you.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Why are they making it sound like they've dumbed down the map structure because it's too complicated for their dumb players to understand when in reality it was just bad design lmao

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I will be purchasing this title soon. PM me if you want to play. I'm looking for new friends. All my old ones hate me :(
Best place to look for a Diablo IV player buddy would be probably at Blizzard forums, because a) people there are into Diablo IV, b) they're gamers, c) they might look for a player buddy too!
I'm not interested in the game myself, but I hope ma post is any of help and wish you luck in finding a friend to play with!
d) they have the same intellectual capacity as SDG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom