Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Mortmal

Arcane
There's no way around it, Diablo iv is fast becoming one of the biggest ever gaming success stories. The sales and positivity this is garnering is just staggering for a developer who had one foot in the grave.

MS needs this deal to go through so CoD and Diablo can become the new faces of Xbox instead of all the shit they showed us in their recent presentation.
D3 also had crazy sales, I do not think D4 will change this much. The real test will be if people will bother to come back to play seasons and buy the shit Blizzard counted on them to buy.
CoD is current in the middle of shitstorm after they decided to join the culture war on the wrong side by siding with pedos. CoD could easy get Bud Lighted now.
If they have to refarm renow each seasons, they certainly wont, no one will accept the grind.

No one self respecting would accept the grind, but you're forgetting the MMO player Blizz fan shit eater. The guys who would rep up multiple alts with various factions in WoW, etc. I think this is more of a wait and see whether the hardcore autists have money to burn.
Millions of PoE players grind a lot more each season and in the past there was even more grind there to do each season.
yes but is there not more randomization , more variety of enemies in the grind ?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'd be very surprised if people that actually grind challenges (not counting what you auto get from playing) in PoE reach even 1 million.
You do not need to go that far. You grind the campaign each time, then you grind the atlas maps and atlast points and special missions and Delve progress and Rogue Harbour and others.. grinding achivements is then for those that still didn't have enough from first 200h of grinding.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Clear all content obviously. Keep your PoE gaslighting in check btw, I've spent too much time in that game since beta for your shit to fly.
Clearing all content in <100 hours isn't just "decent". It's a top tier build with very good gear. I was right about you having too high of a standard.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's no way around it, Diablo iv is fast becoming one of the biggest ever gaming success stories. The sales and positivity this is garnering is just staggering for a developer who had one foot in the grave.

MS needs this deal to go through so CoD and Diablo can become the new faces of Xbox instead of all the shit they showed us in their recent presentation.
D3 also had crazy sales, I do not think D4 will change this much. The real test will be if people will bother to come back to play seasons and buy the shit Blizzard counted on them to buy.
CoD is current in the middle of shitstorm after they decided to join the culture war on the wrong side by siding with pedos. CoD could easy get Bud Lighted now.
If they have to refarm renow each seasons, they certainly wont, no one will accept the grind.

No one self respecting would accept the grind, but you're forgetting the MMO player Blizz fan shit eater. The guys who would rep up multiple alts with various factions in WoW, etc. I think this is more of a wait and see whether the hardcore autists have money to burn.
Millions of PoE players grind a lot more each season and in the past there was even more grind there to do each season.
yes but is there not more randomization , more variety of enemies in the grind ?
No, gameplay is based around erasing enemies in 1-2s before they can do much. If you do not have a character that can do that, you got a bad character that will die often. Variety only matters in big boss fights as those last longer due to bosses having phases and immunities and shit (all decline from time of D2) and there are not that many of those in the game. And many are hidden behind a lot of boring grind.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
PoE doesn't even have 1 million active players every season. Archangel is out of his depth (as per usual).

Here is what the distribution of challenge completion approximately looks like (4 weeks in):

1686665670702.png

The 36/40 milestone in this case was completed by 0.36% of all players who at least completed 1 Challenge. That happens usually around Act 2 during normal play.

abija

Prophet
Clearing all content in <100 hours isn't just "decent". It's a top tier build with very good gear. I was right about you having too high of a standard.
I'm thinking playing 3-4 hours each day is quite some dedication and you say in a month I shouldn't even have a decent build. Maybe your standards are off...

ArchAngel

Arcane
PoE doesn't even have 1 million active players every season. Archangel is out of his depth (as per usual).

Here is what the distribution of challenge completion approximately looks like (4 weeks in):

View attachment 37359

The 36/40 milestone in this case was completed by 0.36% of all players who at least completed 1 Challenge. That happens usually around Act 2 during normal play.
I never said it was concurrent but this says: https://activeplayer.io/path-of-exile/
you should shut up and sit down
Path of Exile a 10 year old game with over hundreds of updates and played by almost 50 million users. 20 Million monthly active players, and over a million daily players!

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't want to "gaslight" you into thinking that PoE combat is many tacticool and such, but there is a lot of variety of content you can grind in PoE, each with it's own distinct subset of enemy types. For example there is Delve, which is a mine that gets harder and harder, the deeper you go. It is not tied to the Maps System and has it's own tilesets, bosses and mechanics. However, if your build is good at murdering monsters in Maps, your build is also just as good at doing the Delve content. Up to a point. At a certain depth you'll have to reroll into a specialized build that isn't very good at bossing or mapping, but is designed just to try and progress as deep as possible in the mine. Most players don't bother with it.

The PoE Challenges have been encouraging players to engage with most types of content it has to offer in any given League, but in Trade you can also just buy many Challenge completions as a service from other players. You can basically focus on whatever content your build is good at and buy the "annoying" Challenges.

The Altars of Lillith grind doesn't sound like it can be skipped this way.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
What exactly does Diablo 4 do that I can't already find in something like Grim Dawn, POE or 40K Inquisitor? I don't get it. Graphics don't even look that great to me. As far as "theme & atmosphere", it is just watered-down Diablo 1 - and I'd rather just play that game instead.

It's $70 for more derivative garbage IMO.

211cth.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't want to "gaslight" you into thinking that PoE combat is many tacticool and such, but there is a lot of variety of content you can grind in PoE, each with it's own distinct subset of enemy types. For example there is Delve, which is a mine that gets harder and harder, the deeper you go. It is not tied to the Maps System and has it's own tilesets, bosses and mechanics. However, if your build is good at murdering monsters in Maps, your build is also just as good at doing the Delve content. Up to a point. At a certain depth you'll have to reroll into a specialized build that isn't very good at bossing or mapping, but is designed just to try and progress as deep as possible in the mine. Most players don't bother with it.

The PoE Challenges have been encouraging players to engage with most types of content it has to offer in any given League, but in Trade you can also just buy many Challenge completions as a service from other players. You can basically focus on whatever content your build is good at and buy the "annoying" Challenges.

The Altars of Lillith grind doesn't sound like it can be skipped this way.
Altars are always going to be in same place with readily available maps for everyone. People doing Adventure mode will spend as much time getting ALL of them on the way as POE player takes to "trade" for one achievement in PoE using shitty PoE trading system.
Do trading sites even support buying help for achievement or do you need to have "fun" spamming help/trade chat for hours for that?!

Such a terrible example, grinding region fame will take longer and it will be more irritating but again it is not like people will have better stuff to do while leveling on Adventure mode. It is like doing your campaign in PoE but also gridding your Atlas all the same time..

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm thinking playing 3-4 hours each day is quite some dedication and you say in a month I shouldn't even have a decent build. Maybe your standards are off...
I'm saying that what you call "decent" isn't decent, but instead a top tier build at that point.

Unless you also have a different standard of what "all content" means. If you leave out Ubers, 8-mod 100% Deli maps, 30 wave Simulacrum and 40/40 Challenges, then it should absolutely be possible to have a "decent" build going in no time. Especially as a trade cuck.

I've seen a trend among the good streamers/youtubers to try and create budget builds that can take on Ubers in under 10 Divines or even less. I never tried them out myself, but it sounds very doable. Conservative estimates place average earnings per hour in any type of content at 1-2 Divines per hour.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm saying that what you call "decent" isn't decent, but instead a top tier build at that point.

Unless you also have a different standard of what "all content" means. If you leave out Ubers, 8-mod 100% Deli maps, 30 wave Simulacrum and 40/40 Challenges, then it should absolutely be possible to have a "decent" build going in no time. Especially as a trade cuck.

I've seen a trend among the good streamers/youtubers to try and create budget builds that can take on Ubers in under 10 Divines or even less. I never tried them out myself, but it sounds very doable. Conservative estimates place average earnings per hour in any type of content at 1-2 Divines per hour.
Lol, for average player or below not even close. This is something Zizaran earns that is not try-harding to get rich because he still needs to entertain his viewers.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
then it should absolutely be possible to have a "decent" build going in no time. Especially as a trade cuck.
Is your brain in PoE mode all the time that you even forgot what you started arguing about?
You said "all content". That means Uber Bosses included, which puts a lot more pressure on the build, which in turn puts it way beyond what could be called "decent".

If you exclude some of the aspirational content from your definition of "all content", then any decent build should be able to do it in <100 hours invested. Which is what my issue with your initial remark was. You're insinuating that it's not possible or even that it is difficult to do with trade enabled in PoE, which is not true.

ind33d

Learned
people are saying d4 was generated by ai, wouldn't surprise me at all considering blizzard is the company behind the niggometer

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
What exactly does Diablo 4 do that I can't already find in something like Grim Dawn, POE or 40K Inquisitor? I don't get it. Graphics don't even look that great to me. As far as "theme & atmosphere", it is just watered-down Diablo 1 - and I'd rather just play that game instead.

It's $70 for more derivative garbage IMO.

211cth.jpg
Nickel and dime your ass

ArchAngel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom