Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
Which class is the most fun to play?
Depends on what part of the game you will focus most. Druid and Barb seem to be better for endgame

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ya know what? Maybe this game really is a giant piece of shit. I'm starting to constantly feel weaker with each level up. The game is literally getting harder the "stronger" I get. I'm dieing alot now. That's a very big problem.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Friends! If you value yourselves you shall stop playing this work of Satan! It promotes idolatry, sin, and worship of Mammon. It causes feelings of wrath and envy. It causes fighting amongst fellows! Stop playing! No matter which edition you bought, the cost is not worth your soul! If you need ARPGs to play here are a couple that will nourish you:

Peachcurl

Arcane
Friends! If you value yourselves you shall stop playing this work of Satan! It promotes idolatry, sin, and worship of Mammon. It causes feelings of wrath and envy. It causes fighting amongst fellows! Stop playing! No matter which edition you bought, the cost is not worth your soul! If you need ARPGs to play here are a couple that will nourish you:

Looks very cheesy, but I'll admit it's an interesting find for the setting alone.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes because Jesus taught us that best way to save your soul is to get out there and kill as many people as you can :D

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have never played a game in my entire life where you abandon a sidequest type thing and come back to it later on after like 10+ hours of character progression and it's more difficult than it was when you were a piss ant. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
SDG isnt a learning animal.
What the hell what I supposed to learn? I've literally never seen a game use this kind of "level scaling".
Have you played any of the two open beta weekends?
It wasn't possible to see this in the beta. You have a small window where you can do the quest at a higher level. Perkel explained it pretty good I think. The stronghold stops scaling with you at 27 or something like that. Once you pass level 30 you become underleveled for it up until level 50. People should be thrown in prison for that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
literally everyone: "it's shit"
retard: "u all dumb and poor! me smart and rich! look at my 25$ outfit!"
1 week later
retard: "y u no warned me it's shit?!"

ropetight

Savant
Oblivion had terrible, unbalanced, enemy scaling that completely decreased value of and destroyed sense of adventuring.
And it is far from only example in the last 20 years.

It is a cheap trick to make open world designs somehow chalenging for eternity, which they never should be.
But I gues it goes along with the stupid notion that game with same content should be playable for years and decades.

ArchAngel

Arcane
SDG isnt a learning animal.
What the hell what I supposed to learn? I've literally never seen a game use this kind of "level scaling".
Have you played any of the two open beta weekends?
It wasn't possible to see this in the beta. You have a small window where you can do the quest at a higher level. Perkel explained it pretty good I think. The stronghold stops scaling with you at 27 or something like that. Once you pass level 30 you become underleveled for it up until level 50. People should be thrown in prison for that.
It was pretty obvious to see this would be the problem from the beta and many people commented about it after all 3 beta weekends. It is one of the reasons I decided to wait and see and learning animals would have done the same instead of cashing out 90$ like a retard

abija

Prophet
If level scaling would be a real issue, Kripp (who pretty much kickstarted the whole insanity) wouldn't be doing capstone dungeons underleveled and farming overleveled content for better xp.
Either people are just whining for the sake of it or PoE zoom zoom zoom ruined too many brains and that's what they expect.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If level scaling would be a real issue, Kripp (who pretty much kickstarted the whole insanity) wouldn't be doing capstone dungeons underleveled and farming overleveled content for better xp.
Either people are just whining for the sake of it or PoE zoom zoom zoom ruined too many brains and that's what they expect.
You're talking about a faggot who does nothing but play video games 24/7. Of course he can do that shit. Ask him to mow your lawn and I bet he spends 5 hours trying to figure out how to start the mower. He probably doesn't even know how to wipe his own ass.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

What an example :lol:. Lets put aside the cuckoldry mentality of your post and read it. Guy complains scaling is a problem->proceeds to play the mode where level scaling is implemented the least-> abija thinks this proofs scaling is not a real problem.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

- Ziz rates D4 at 6-6,5/10 while PoE at 8-9/10
- foundation is solid, seasons can improve it a lot
- no map overlay, no reason to not have the option
- mount speed is dictated by distance of mouse cursor from your character
- level scaling does not belong in an aRPG
- last level of renown was aids
- allegedly the Statues of Lillith bonuses to stats carry over for each season (get fucked, newbs!), so you would only have to refarm them for renown
- not enough Bosses in the endgame
- no Divine or Vaal Orb type interactions for items in the game
- not much to do in endgame
- open world feels empty
- no Diablo
- no choice available for Lillith (imagine Skyrim besting
- music is too weak, Ziz was listening to WH40k Darktide OST instead and noticed his fun improving dramatically
- UI is console pleb tier
- not enough stash tabs (rumors say every season will reward you with stash tabs)

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
foundation is solid

This is what I don't understand with all these so called "expert aRPG" talking heads. How is foundation solid when the foundations of the game are bad/broken according to the same people? Level scaling is shit, items are shit, builds are premade by devs, bosses are shit... solid foundation! :lol:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
foundation is solid

This is what I don't understand with all these so called "expert aRPG" talking heads. How is foundation solid when the foundations of the game are bad/broken according to the same people? Level scaling is shit, items are shit, builds are premade by devs, bosses are shit... solid foundation! :lol:
"Solid foundation" means "Doesn't crash every 15 minutes" these days

abija

Prophet
What an example :lol:. Lets put aside the cuckoldry mentality of your post and read it. Guy complains scaling is a problem->proceeds to play the mode where level scaling is implemented the least-> abija thinks this proofs scaling is not a real problem.

If he would use it to play below his level, your logic would make sense. But nope, even hardcore solo players are going at higher levels when they are "supposed" to have issues with their own level.
Game is almost as easy as leveling slowly in PoE (when you end up 10+ levels above the zones). Level scalling is irrelevant.

There are some serious issues with the content, yet people keep repeating same rehashed bullshit.

mount speed is dictated by distance of mouse cursor from your character
This is false, or you paraphrased wrong (it's only 2 speeds). Some moron decided mount needs to have a slow down animation so you can't keep the mouse close to it or it will always be stuck in that animation. If you keep mouse slightly away it moves normally always at same speed.

They got more viewers than in years of PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom