Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Activision / Blizzard managed to ruin Call of Duty which is as simple as running around a small arena shooting and calling each other faggots over voice chat. No surprise that their new rpg sucks if they can't even do that right.

Blizz fleeced the entire fanbase and are shocked when people get pissed.

Make sure you check out the cash shop, fellas. It’s just the way it is.
Why did anyone expect anything else after Diablo Immortal?
Figured Immortal would be their pay pig extractor so Diablo IV could be something better, but nope. Make no mistake. Activision has infiltrated every part of Blizzard. There's no saving it now.

What's wild is the cash shop is a relatively minor gripe when the game itself is so half-baked and devoid of anything resembling passion.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm still having fun doing the main quests. Elites and minibosses are the most frustrating shit. Main quest bosses aren't bad. Some of them are even fun. Those are designed more like bullet hell sequences.

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm still having fun doing the main quests. Elites and minibosses are the most frustrating shit. Main quest bosses aren't bad. Some of them are even fun. Those are designed more like bullet hell sequences.
It's quite fun to make the dungeons with crafted glyph at higher levels , nightmare mode is lot more fun that world 2.

Zlaja

Arcane
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It has come to my attention that it's actually possible to pet the dogs in the game. You have to stand right in front of them and then use the "hello" emote and your char will actually pet them.

:greatjob:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It has come to my attention that it's actually possible to pet the dogs in the game. You have to stand right in front of them and then use the "hello" emote and your char will actually pet them.

You get a canine companion at one point and he vanquishes evil with you. You can pet him and become really close friends. But unfortunately near the end he becomes corrupted and you have to shoot him. The game even forces you to pull the trigger. It's probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What exactly is the shop refreshing? it "refreshes" every couple days or so but it's all the exact same shit everytime. I think there might be one new mount in there, maybe? I figured there would be a rotation of different shit each time.

Ngl that wraith lord Necro cosmetic is pretty dope. Only would cost me $25... >_>

I've felt the temptation many times but have resisted thus far.

Perkel

Arcane
Finished leveling up most of classes to 50.
I must say that only Barbarian is fun to play. Rest of classes are way to easy to play which leads to absolute boring time. They are more squishy but once you get some second dodge you avoid most of danger. Especially bad is sorceress. Her skills look like some kind of rip from mobile game or some intern work.

Another issue is how limited aspects are.
There is simply not enough of them and some skills simply don't have any aspects to modify them.
After getting like 4 time same unique in a row I also looked up unique and well... there are like 5-6 per class aka nothing and effects on those unique aren't really that huge. For such limited amount you would think that at least effects of them would be major...

I mean I get this is base game and those things will be expanded but you can't enter arpg market as new guy without putting serios work into main aspect of game people play your game for.

It feels like they focused too much on story and presentation and not enough on basics of gameplay. They do have still pretty best in business combat feel but that's too little to hold people in long run.

IMHO changes needed for it to become 9/10:
- multiply aspects. There should be 3-4 times as many and each skill should have multiple just for them.
- reserve unique to truly unique effects like giving you outright new skill or modifying in huge way some skill that it becomes effectively new skill
- tighten up base stats on items. remove like half of damage when X and introduce new ones
- either remove or rework level scaling, divide map better into lvl like now but up to lvl 50 instead of lvl 30,
- rework item ilvl. It is only around lvl 40-50 when you can find upgrades that can last you like 10levels or more, increase stat difference at lower levels
- more +1 to skills, right now it is pretty much impossible to reach lvl 10 in some stat other than something like shako.
- paragon board is good idea, it just needs more interesting boards and less glyph grind.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Yeah, that's great and all... but are there any cows to talk to?

Well, a few.

1680780957637-png.34968

1680780965042-png.34969

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Still got those old skills from my young days.

But seriously it's pathetic how weak the sorceress is. Engaging elites is a death sentence. Elites should not be harder than main fucking bosses. I gotta find boots with a second evade. That's the only way she stands a chance.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lmao i'm lvl 42 and just now realized I have two passive enchantment slots I haven't been using the ENTIRE time. Jesus. That sure would have helped.

I'm also still using level 20 equipment and below. Been nerfing the shit out of myself the entire time without knowing it.

Oh wow this changes everything. No wonder why I was getting my shit pushed in. I can actually steamroll mobs now. Cool.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finished leveling up most of classes to 50.
I must say that only Barbarian is fun to play. Rest of classes are way to easy to play which leads to absolute boring time. They are more squishy but once you get some second dodge you avoid most of danger. Especially bad is sorceress. Her skills look like some kind of rip from mobile game or some intern work.

Another issue is how limited aspects are.
There is simply not enough of them and some skills simply don't have any aspects to modify them.
After getting like 4 time same unique in a row I also looked up unique and well... there are like 5-6 per class aka nothing and effects on those unique aren't really that huge. For such limited amount you would think that at least effects of them would be major...

I mean I get this is base game and those things will be expanded but you can't enter arpg market as new guy without putting serios work into main aspect of game people play your game for.

It feels like they focused too much on story and presentation and not enough on basics of gameplay. They do have still pretty best in business combat feel but that's too little to hold people in long run.

IMHO changes needed for it to become 9/10:
- multiply aspects. There should be 3-4 times as many and each skill should have multiple just for them.
- reserve unique to truly unique effects like giving you outright new skill or modifying in huge way some skill that it becomes effectively new skill
- tighten up base stats on items. remove like half of damage when X and introduce new ones
- either remove or rework level scaling, divide map better into lvl like now but up to lvl 50 instead of lvl 30,
- rework item ilvl. It is only around lvl 40-50 when you can find upgrades that can last you like 10levels or more, increase stat difference at lower levels
- more +1 to skills, right now it is pretty much impossible to reach lvl 10 in some stat other than something like shako.
- paragon board is good idea, it just needs more interesting boards and less glyph grind.
It needs way more than that for 9/10, not even PoE is 9/10 and D4 is not even close.

ArchAngel

Arcane

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So, do you have to be connected to play this like D3?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom