Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Zlaja

Arcane
I'm already level 32... R.I.P.

The leveling does slow down somewhat at around Lv.40, so just beeline the main quest from now on and you can still be ok.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Should I be doing all the side-quests I come across, or will that leave me overleveled for the main campaign? Is it even possible to get overleveled in a game where everything is the same level as you?

I am sensing some Oblivion-esque shenanigans where leveling up actually makes the game harder... although it might be because I'm not really following any specific "build" for my Rogue.
The only thing you should concern yourself with is getting to wt3. Don't be like my dumbass who wasted the entire early access period doing mostly sidequests, and on fucking wt2 no less. Avoid wt2 like the plague. It's pointless and just makes the game more of a slog. The bonus xp/gold just ain't worth it. You will progress much faster in wt1 and have a funner time.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So... do the campaign in WT1 and sidequests in WT3? What??
Do whatever the fuck you want man. Just don't bother with wt2. What my personal plan is, I'm going to grind a bit in wt3 and replace all of my shit gear with sacred items and then go back to wt1 and rape all of the strongholds because fuck strongholds. They give massive renown though so you can't pass them up.

What me and the other dude are trying to tell you is any gear you get in wt1/wt2 is garbage and far outclassed by gear in wt3. That's why you want to rush to wt3.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How are the tits & ass in the game?
I would have sex with my sorceress without hesitation. She's nothing special, maybe a 6, or 6 and a half. But very good for me. I hear the rogue is the most attractive of the bunch.

There's also the female druid if you like big girls. And I hear the female necro looks like a tranny so if you like chicks with dicks... there's something for everybody.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
i just saw the elephant druids (M/F). There's a vid thst shows 200 variants in no time flat. I think they eat everything they kill.

abija

Prophet
First staff seems better and no point doing the math and wasting the mats for a non sacred item if you are in wt3. And if you want proper answers for those kind of questions, you should also provide your build, stats and put everything in text not in a video.

Modron

Arcane
Can you believe the nerve of this guy telling SDG to type up all the pertinent info in a concise post when he could make several 3-5 minute long unclear youtube videos about the subject?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Typing does take a long time. I'll make a video about my build.
but why? it's probably weakest and most retarded build in d4. i mean, how you will name it? "build that after farming for many hours at t3 can FINALLY kill t1 bosses! probably. i'm not sure yet."

Just tried running fallen temple capstone dungeon (meant for level 70+) at level 63. Cleared the first floor without issues, but on 2nd floor, the mobs would just one shot me. :(

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just tried running fallen temple capstone dungeon (meant for level 70+) at level 63. Cleared the first floor without issues, but on 2nd floor, the mobs would just one shot me. :(
Sounds like you need to build an elite sqaud of ultimate badasses, and I know just the right man to lead this crew. Hit me up when you want to ascend.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
OK im lvl 55 now, tier 3, doing some sidequests, helltides and some quests for the Tree. Level scaling doesnt affect me much, shit dies really fast. Playing as a blood necro without pets.
Gaem stil gud.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Tldr version: beta players need to shut the fuck up. You know nothing.

"Another video about Diablo IV, the haters are wrong."

Yet the first thing we see in your video is a guy standing next to you called <LGBTQ> Adonis.

Congratulations, you're now gay.

LMAO, I didn't even notice that fag. Well shit, that video is forever tainted.

Why tf was he standing there?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
OK im lvl 55 now, tier 3, doing some sidequests, helltides and some quests for the Tree. Level scaling doesnt affect me much, shit dies really fast. Playing as a blood necro without pets.
Gaem stil gud.
For real dude. People just don't get it. If you play your cards right and I suppose get lucky with some drops you can overcome the level scaling. Checking item vendors every once in a while is an absolute must as well, as that's where I've found some of my best stuff *currently*. Right now at lvl 54 I feel like a beast.

Bleed barb is fun but needs to be tuned up a bit. There is so much damage from Flay/Rend combos if you build it properly (with paragon points, crit chance, etc), that it's almost impossible to get Punctures in on regular enemies, by the time you apply a couple of rends, they are already dead.

So Puncture, which is supposed to be the centerpiece of the build, is only good against bosses.

Still, it's a fun build. Rending waves of mobs for massive face melting damage doesn't get old, and against bosses, it's fun to puncture them for 40-50k damage after a few rends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom