Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

abija

Prophet
Yeah, no. End game for lvl 70-80 is significantly more varied in other ARPGs. Not comparable at all. It would be one thing to talk about what is capable at lvl +95. That's the equivalent of deep delve.
Got confused by your wording. I thought you meant +30 lvls over 100, nightmare 70-80.

For leveling 70+ there are many viable builds. You don't even need razorplate for thorns for example. Pretty much any build with modicum of synergy and some common sense works. All the core skills absolutely work, being carried by unbridled rage.

1H in general are badly supported in this game, which is absolutely retarded for a barbarian class. Maces at least have wallop and concussion passives and no mercy. These all synergize with stunned effects together with enchanced double swing. You are basically gimping yourself even harder trying to go swords or axes with a DS build. Before you run to icy veins or w/e to prove swords work, those builds rely on extremely rare uniques.
Wallop and concussion are bludgeoning effects. Not everything has to be equal, just like you can only ww bleed with slashing.
No mercy can be applied with bleeds so not a mace only thing.
If you are so concerned with damage balance, did you consider the overpower implict on maces isn't well supported with dual wield (at least atm)?
A lot of mechanics for barbarians revolve around weapon swaps and somehow you decided 1h are badly supported...

Saravan

Savant
Lmao no, there is one key passive that is about weapon swap and a few aspects. That’s not ‘a lot of mechanics’. In fact, all good builds rely either on unbridled rage or bleed passive so it's not even a relevant mechanic besides looking to proc weapon swap aspects (which are sub-par to other aspects for those builds).

I’m not concerned with damage balance cuts as 1H are just completely shit compared to 2H since the devs couldn’t even implement basic shit for one handers. My point was that only 1H maces are specifically covered at all for one handers, and even then it’s just objectively worse build than any 2H build. Imagine being satisfied with such level of build simplicity but I guess you gotta be to enjoy D4.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Maces are not specificaly covered. They're included in bludgeoning just like axes/swords are included in slashing.
You're not concerned with damage balance but all your complaints are random autistic problems derived from what you think balance is.

The weapon systems for barbarian it's new interesting and solid. Wait no, fuck that shit, number of 2h passives is higher than 1h passives => omg devs completely ignored 1 handers. You're basically reverse Rhykker or maybe llama when he doesn't censor himself.

Saravan

Savant
Maces are not specificaly covered. They're included in bludgeoning just like axes/swords are included in slashing.
You're not concerned with damage balance but all your complaints are random autistic problems derived from what you think balance is.

The weapon systems for barbarian it's new interesting and solid. Wait no, fuck that shit, number of 2h passives is higher than 1h passives => omg devs completely ignored 1 handers. You're basically reverse Rhykker.
Retarded semantics, bludgeoning = mace weapon class, slashing = axes/swords. Same shit.

There is a fundamental issue if two item types in the game (1H axes and swords) are made irrelevant by just the skill tree and the entire weapon group (1H) are objectively worse than their 2H counterparts. Jesus you have downs or something.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

The weapon systems for barbarian it's new interesting and solid. Wait no, fuck that shit, number of 2h passives is higher than 1h passives => omg devs completely ignored 1 handers. You're basically reverse Rhykker or maybe llama when he doesn't censor himself.
I have no idea what abija is talking about because I haven't played as a barb but I know he owns the game and that makes him a based chad who is downright embarassing these beta playin fools. :salute:

Keep clownin on em bruv. Btw I reached wt3, awwww yeah

Zeriel

Arcane

I have no idea what abija is talking about because I haven't played as a barb but I know he owns the game and that makes him a based chad who is downright embarassing these beta playin fools. :salute:

Keep clownin on em bruv. Btw I reached wt3, awwww yeah

lol you JUST reached wt3? Suddenly this explains so much.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
lol you JUST reached wt3? Suddenly this explains so much.
I have a job and a life faggot. Believe me if I could just sit on my ass and live this game 24/7 I would.

Also never forget..

You're basically at the point right before the bottom falls out. By level 25 you've seen 99% of what the game has to offer. After level 25, how your character plays doesn't change whatsoever, end-game and all content after level 25 is just repeating what you've already seen over and over, etc. I could go on, but that's the gist of it.

You said that, which means you have no idea what you're talking about. You're full of shit. A bullshitter, as the common saying goes. You try to act like you know things when you don't actually know anything. Poser, fake, fraud, all sorts of words describe you. But I just like calling you a fucking liar. Gtfo.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yep, everything I said was true, it's just funny you're ranting about how anyone who criticizes the game sucks when you weren't even in the very beginning of endgame. Ironically, all your accusations of people talking about shit they don't know anything about describes yourself to a tee.

abija

Prophet
Retarded semantics, bludgeoning = mace weapon class, slashing = axes/swords. Same shit.

There is a fundamental issue if two item types in the game (1H axes and swords) are made irrelevant by just the skill tree and the entire weapon group (1H) are objectively worse than their 2H counterparts. Jesus you have downs or something.
You are calling something that's only happening in your head (and even if it was true, worst case scenario would require minor percentage adjustments to some talents) a "fundamental issue".
Meanwhile, keywords used by the game systems are "retarded semantics, same shit".

Something like "not enough skills (as in actual abilities)" is a fundamental issue. Whatever autistic bullshit of the day you come up with... it's just that.

Zeriel you might want to check some of the fights he clipped before engaging.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep, everything I said was true, it's just funny you're ranting about how anyone who criticizes the game sucks when you weren't even in the very beginning of endgame. Ironically, all your accusations of people talking about shit they don't know anything about describes yourself to a tee.
You said that at level 25 you have basically seen the entire game. I'm not the one who needs to be defending my words right now. You made an ass of yourself and now you need to own up to it. Do it, it cleanses the spirit.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Your build will change after level 50 once you find uniques , for exemple i found some gloves as necro making the corpse explosion skill an homing missile and 40% damage more to boost,then you can convert it to darkness damage so i respeced completely and went full darkness saccing every minions, using bone tempest , and every darkness dots possible. Each darkness hit triggering crowd controls effects, so had to change my gear to enhance both dot damage and crowd control.

This guy explains the game pretty well

People need to stop judging their experiences at prior to 50.

Some people might struggle from 1-50, but it's usually because their build is very bad. If your build is rational, it will clear your time through 1-50.

The game doesn't actually get frustrating until WT3 and definitely in WT4. The amount of rationally-constructed builds that you can make starts to shrink more and more until you just arrive at close-combat builds that take advantage of the aspect of control scaling bonuses. Nothing else seems to do very well anymore, and ranged-oriented builds like chain lightning and frozen orb are quite bad. There's no way you would know this at level 30 or 40 or 50 or even 58.

As someone who is very, very far into the game, I honestly have to say that 1-50 is just a tiny portion of your character journey. It's so tiny, it kind of doesn't matter. You're not terribly concerned with gear. You don't have to figure out the paragon board. You don't have access to unique items and new aspects that drop outside of the codex of power, you are not leveling glyphs, you're not really looking for ways to scale your damage beyond using Vulnerable, etc. There's a lot of the game you're just not getting into yet.

People need to stop thinking their character journey at level 40 or 50 will translate to the end-game at level 70+. It doesn't.

1-50 = Tutorial
50-70 = Mid-Game
70-100 = Endgame, and some would split this up from 70-90 and 90-100.

And this is why people bitching in here who only played the beta or read some random crap posted by noobs have no idea wtf they are talking about. Their opinions are useless.
so you got filtered by tutorial bosses. it's literally game journo-tier. why someone should care about your opinion?

Zeriel

Arcane
You said that at level 25 you have basically seen the entire game. I'm not the one who needs to be defending my words right now. You made an ass of yourself and now you need to own up to it. Do it, it cleanses the spirit.

Yes, and I stand by my words. Apparently, you can't read, so I'll just keep repeating this until you learn to.

By level 25 you have all of your skill slots and have unlocked access to every major ability your class has. Only exceptions off the top of my head are some specializations, which aren't much.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Yes, and I stand by my words. Apparently, you can't read, so I'll just keep repeating this until you learn to.

By level 25 you have all of your skill slots and have unlocked access to every major ability your class has. Only exceptions off the top of my head are some specializations, which aren't much.
Keep dieing on that sword dude. I don't even have to say anything to make you look like an idiot. What you're doing right now is impressive af.

Btw I'm tired of feeling ashamed of spelling dying as "dieing". I don't care if it's wrong. Dieing sounds like the more correct spelling. "Dying" sounds retarded and I will not spell it that way anymore. Sometimes you just gotta follow your instinct. "Dying" is shit spelling. I'll fight any english expert about it.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Not really true m8.

Zeriel

Arcane

Not really true m8.

Okay, explain why it isn't then.

Geisler

Educated
Lol yeah some of these stronghold bosses are just bogus. You need a party to beat some of them. It's a joke. Like Rashka and the Kor Dragan dude, once they start summoning enemies it's game over solo. Not even a case of git good. Just retarded game design. I lowered the world tier and I still can't beat Rashka.
I melt them solo on world tier 4 , you need better items and build. Same for nightmare dungeons no issues at all. You need uniques and build centered around them.
That's what i was thinking as well, and i'm playing as a nerfed into the ground Rogue. It's funny, there's people ITT dumping on this game left right and centre, but they can't even build something that beats content most casual dad's are beating on their baby toon.

Sometimes i think 90% of the codex blows hot air and doesn't even know what they're talking about when criticising a game. Then i take a quick glance at the codex Steam group and and i'm seeing titles like "Cook, Serve, Delicious", "Elder Turds Online", "Kingdoms of Faggotry", "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyshit".
Untitled.jpg

Yeah, play a game yourself if you want a real opinion folks. Sometimes i can't take some shit i see around here seriously anymore.

Zeriel

Arcane
Okay, explain why it isn't then.

It has been explained many times by numerous people.

No, you've done no explaining, only ad hominem attacks.

Lol yeah some of these stronghold bosses are just bogus. You need a party to beat some of them. It's a joke. Like Rashka and the Kor Dragan dude, once they start summoning enemies it's game over solo. Not even a case of git good. Just retarded game design. I lowered the world tier and I still can't beat Rashka.
I melt them solo on world tier 4 , you need better items and build. Same for nightmare dungeons no issues at all. You need uniques and build centered around them.
That's what i was thinking as well, and i'm playing as a nerfed into the ground Rogue. It's funny, there's people ITT dumping on this game left right and centre, but they can't even build something that beats content most casual dad's are beating on their baby toon.

Sometimes i think 90% of the codex blows hot air and doesn't even know what they're talking about when criticising a game. Then i take a quick glance at the codex Steam group and and i'm seeing titles like "Cook, Serve, Delicious", "Elder Turds Online", "Kingdoms of Faggotry", "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyshit".
Untitled.jpg

Yeah, play a game yourself if you want a real opinion folks. Sometimes i can't take some shit i see around here seriously anymore.

Not sure what you're talking about, the guy you're quoting is the one saying the game is awesome, while the people dumping on it find it easy.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I only have problems with two of the stronghold bosses. Kol Dragan dude because he summons 3 unkillable enemies (basically the gank squad from Dark Souls 2 but 10x worse) and Rashka who summons a fuckload of clones of herself. I've solo killed the other stronghold bosses.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
*sigh.* Fucking game journalists.

it was also the grandfather of action role-playing games like Elden Ring and Assassin’s Creed.
:retarded:
There is ZERO Diablo DNA in either of these games. They don't even have randomized loot or levels. Assassin's Creed was spun off from Prince of Persia which clearly has nothing to do with Rogue and pre-dates Diablo, while Elden Ring has an unbroken chain of Fromsoft titles all the way to King's Field to draw from, which also pre-dates Diablo. Not to mention Elder Scrolls, which pre-dates Diablo and was drawn from Legend of Valour and Darklands, also pre-diablo, etc.

Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with the point you're making, but it's an example of Gell-Mann Amnesia. If a writer makes such stupid basic errors, why should I read a single piece of drivel they write?

abija

Prophet
SDG where's the clip of you doing Cathedral of Light?
Gotta give props to this dude. Wouldnt have beat the capstone boss without him tonight
Could have bet. Did you apply to IGN yet? Add your first 3 firewall casts as bullet proof CV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom