Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The game needed a Decard Cain, a likeable mentor-companion, but we got none of that.
You can thank Diablo 3 for killing him off. May have been the same writers who killed off Professor X in X-Men 3 Last Stand. Lorath and Doran were both meant to fill that hole in D4 I think. I liked both of those characters. They were flawed heroes.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
The only angel we see in the entire game is Inarius, who is written to be a complete moron who gets easily played by Lilith (maybe finish killing her before starting to despair that your fellow angels don't want you back) and then viciously murdered. But then again, what else would you expect from a game written by dieversity hires and atheists?
because he's completely driven by hatred after being tortured for so long in Hell. It's not that unreasonable for him to act like a retard and It's not like Lilith is much better in that regard. She presents herself as caring for the human race but than her mask slowly fades when her plans get fucked by the protagonist and by the end you can see why she's the "Daughter of Hatred".
All other angels are totally absent (whatever happened to Tyrael after D2?)
Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure he's a human now and he should be pretty old by now. Either way it's been shown since D2 that outside of Tyrael, angels don't give two shits about humans.

spectre

Arcane
You know what, I think they'd do everyone a solid if they just retconned D3 out of everything.
I completely forgot what was the plot there, and I didn't even bother with reaper of soles.

You think you are being clever but one enhancement slot is permalocked for Fire Bolt and you are stuck with 4 defensives for end game. Again, before you press reply show some evidence that demonstrates otherwise.
1436262098549.jpg

https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/firewall-sorcerer-build/
There you go. One of the bog-standard endgame builds on icy veins. No Fire Bolt in Enchantment slot, just three "defensives".

Also, you are well aware only get to make this jab about "defenses" because both Teleport and Frost nova are clustered under defensive skills. Wow! Who's a clever boy.
Instead, they serve a variety of functions, depending how you specc. There's obviously the matter of mobility and crowd control, but most often they trigger an extra layer of damage
from their own effects and other synergies like the Tactician Glyph. These will also give a mana boost with Prodigy Aspect to keep the dps going.

Granted, Fire Bolt Enchantment opens up so many synergies, it's difficult to pass on and a glass cannon build probably needs all the defenses it can get... but you're not interested in
honestly discussing or even playing the game, so I won't be wasting my time.

abija

Prophet
He's also talking about diversity 100% based on balance (while still failing to specifiy his "approved build" requirements). A fun build that easy gets you to 100 doesn't exist because it's not within 10-20% of whatever is considered top.
Interesting build decisions based on what you found or trying to make something you like work also do not exist because guess what, they're not in the approved build scripts.

Also keep in mind paragon board/aspects are irrelevant to build diversity cause they weren't in D2, hence SHIT.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Seems like they were going with a SMT-style "Heaven and Hell are both extremes, balance is the way.." but fucked it all up. Based on that behind the scenes dev interviews reported earlier, the story was cobbled together after numerous project setbacks and changes of direction, so it's kind of miraculous its even somewhat coherent. Not that that excuses anything, but it's understandable.

Saravan

Savant
You know what, I think they'd do everyone a solid if they just retconned D3 out of everything.
I completely forgot what was the plot there, and I didn't even bother with reaper of soles.

You think you are being clever but one enhancement slot is permalocked for Fire Bolt and you are stuck with 4 defensives for end game. Again, before you press reply show some evidence that demonstrates otherwise.
1436262098549.jpg

https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/firewall-sorcerer-build/
There you go. One of the bog-standard endgame builds on icy veins. No Fire Bolt in Enchantment slot, just three "defensives".

Also, you are well aware only get to make this jab about "defenses" because both Teleport and Frost nova are clustered under defensive skills. Wow! Who's a clever boy.
Instead, they serve a variety of functions, depending how you specc. There's obviously the matter of mobility and crowd control, but most often they trigger an extra layer of damage
from their own effects and other synergies like the Tactician Glyph. These will also give a mana boost with Prodigy Aspect to keep the dps going.

Granted, Fire Bolt Enchantment opens up so many synergies, it's difficult to pass on and a glass cannon build probably needs all the defenses it can get... but you're not interested in
honestly discussing or even playing the game, so I won't be wasting my time.
This isn’t viable end game lol nice try. Also enjoying how abija basically only post here to reply to me what a nolife loser lmao.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I completely forgot what was the plot there
Oh for sure. It really was that bad.

I mean just compare that to this one simple line from Diablo 1:

The difference in quality is stunning.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have no idea where you get your information from but you should seek out a different source. Everything that comes out of your mouth is wrong. I know you only played the beta but that is no excuse for the lies and shit coming out of your mouth. You are embarassing yourself. Fire Bolt, a permalocked enchantment, LMAO. You wouldn't get far in this game.

abija

Prophet
This isn’t viable end game lol nice try. Also enjoying how abija basically only post here to reply to me what a nolife loser lmao.
I get triggered by autistic retards with no perspective. Still haven't defined end game btw.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I get triggered by autistic retards with no perspective. Still haven't defined end game btw.
He doesn't know anything about the game. Dude thinks you should be wasting one of your enchantment slots on a basic skill. Just ignore the retard.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Officially done with Penetrating Shot. Got whooped by the World Tier 3 boss, switched to Rapid Fire, then raped him faster than your mom at the million man march. Also found a neat item-only aspect that allows infinite chaining Poison Imbue.

As for the story:

What the fuck was that?

I guess it was an ending. Kind of. But cliffhangers are dumb unless the sequel is already being made and has an iron-clad outline. Since that is almost never the case this is another dumb example of Mystery Box storytelling. I swear that shit is a cancer that is rotting everything in media. If there's anything to be learned from Bioware or Disney, its that you probably won't be able to finish your own story, and whatever plot threads you left WILL be squandered by whoever does.

I did like the capstone dungeon. "Oh the good guys declared me a heretic, I guess I'll go murder them all." Really proving them wrong there aren't we? To be fair to the Cathedral, it's not like imprisoning demons in soulstones has ever worked out before. The games have never been clear what the difference between killing a demon vs. imprisoning it is, since they always come back either way. Not that it matters. Its really clear the story was cut to ribbons and stitched back together many times. There's no blatant reason for Lorath to offer himself to the Hall of Heads just to find Lilith when a huge army is on their way to get her at the same time. Andarial and Durial were also poorly set up and there's no clear reason why they are even in the story. Seems like a plot element that was mostly cut but they had the boss fights made so they kept them anyway.

Finally, how TF can you have a Diablo game without Diablo?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Also, for the dumbass shitting himself over "muh defensive skills" you can get that shit FROM ITEMS. I have two different items that provide a shield and invulnerability for elite fights, no skill slots required. It's how I'm able to run Rogue without "100% needed for all builds" Dash, and why Meta is still dumb.

spectre

Arcane
As for the story:

Finally, how TF can you have a Diablo game without Diablo?
Do we really need spoiler tags for this? Eh fuck it.
I think that's a lesson they've needed to learn since the beginning of the series. If there's gonna be an expansion. And there is going to be one.
Which adds more endgame, more story and another final boss, it kinda shits on the poor Diablo (or Al Diabolos, I think he's called now, now that's shitting on xir),
cause xe now plays second fiddle to the expansion dude, unless they do some fuckery with uber diablos on Hell endgame... which maybe 5% of the playerbase has the necessary vaccination to see through

Officially done with Penetrating Shot. Got whooped by the World Tier 3 boss, switched to Rapid Fire, then raped him faster than your mom at the million man march. Also found a neat item-only aspect that allows infinite chaining Poison Imbue.
I'm not that far with the rogue yet, but I'm still looking for a way to make it all click together. Started with combo points which stacks with a few decent aspects, now thinking about trying respeccing to a semi-endless rain of arrows
(which seems to sync with imbuements, which I am already using), but it also doesn't feel right (takes really long to fire, and you want to stay mobile with this squishy thing).
So far I've been avoiding Rapid Fire because I want something that feels different from ice shard.

spectre

Arcane
He doesn't know anything about the game. Dude thinks you should be wasting one of your enchantment slots on a basic skill. Just ignore the retard.
He's actually not wrong on this one. Just one point adds burning damage to everything, which isn't a lot in itself, but consistently triggers a whole bunch of shit from the passives:
mana regeneration from Fiery Surge, Critical Strike Damage from Devouring Blaze (I'm actually on a fence if it's worth four points), also a bunch of bonus damage from paragon boards
(Burning Instinct board has a cluster of IIRC total +35% damage to burning enemies, on top of some 20% extra damage to elites).
Not too attractive for a pure fire build, but something to honestly consider for frost and lightning.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He's actually not wrong on this one. Just one point adds burning damage to everything, which isn't a lot in itself, but consistently triggers a whole bunch of shit from the passives:
mana regeneration from Fiery Surge, Critical Strike Damage from Devouring Blaze (I'm actually on a fence if it's worth four points), also a bunch of bonus damage from paragon boards
(Burning Instinct board has a cluster of IIRC total +35% damage to burning enemies, on top of some 20% extra damage to elites).
Not too attractive for a pure fire build, but something to honestly consider for frost and lightning.
Fair enough. I am using a pure fire build. Now if he was arguing about Fire Ball being essential as an enchantment I'd be in agreement. That is basically a requirement.

Saravan

Savant
Good opportunity to you take your own advice and:
before you press reply show some evidence that demonstrates otherwise.
Can't prove a negative retard. It's the other way around.
It's because the game is shallow as fuck so you got literally nothing to talk about besides immediately coming here like a loser the second I post even when I'm not even talking to you.
I have no idea where you get your information from but you should seek out a different source. Everything that comes out of your mouth is wrong. I know you only played the beta but that is no excuse for the lies and shit coming out of your mouth. You are embarassing yourself. Fire Bolt, a permalocked enchantment, LMAO. You wouldn't get far in this game.
You main sorc and don't even understand why Fire Bolt is permalocked, hahaha. And then you backtrack when your buttbuddy here confirms it, just perfect.
Also, for the dumbass shitting himself over "muh defensive skills" you can get that shit FROM ITEMS. I have two different items that provide a shield and invulnerability for elite fights, no skill slots required. It's how I'm able to run Rogue without "100% needed for all builds" Dash, and why Meta is still dumb.
You literally just said you got wrecked in WT3, lol haven't even started in end-game phase and talk about what works.

Bunch of clowns...

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You main sorc and don't even understand why Fire Bolt is permalocked, hahaha. And then you backtrack when your buttbuddy here confirms it, just perfect.

I main PYRO sorce you stupid fuck. It would be a complete waste of an enchantment slot for me. And no I still don't agree that it is essential for the other two types of sorce.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom