Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Taking a break. Currently feeling a bit burned out on the game.

TL;DR version: my pyro build is super effective but is becoming dull to play as. The renown point shit has turned into a miserable chore. Looking forward to trying a different class.

Zlaja

Arcane
Ugh boredom is starting to set in. Been farming renown for hours and hours. Probably the least fun thing in this game but pretty important. That shit better all carry over to new characters eventually or that will be what kills this game. I wont keep doing it. Also season 1 needs to hurry up. I'm getting anxious to try a different character. It seems like it would be a waste to do it before the season starts.

For new chars on the same realm you retain all your renown, but for new chars on the Season realm you just regain some of it. If you've maxed out your renown in one region now, then you'll have enough renown to get the first two rewards for that region with Season 1 chars. Also, while the location of Lillith statues will remain visible for Season 1 chars, you'll still have to activate them all again to get the stat bonuses from them.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
When you get Lilith statues it says "this bonus is unlocked to all characters on this realm." But when you play with a new character, they can re-activated the same statues. So are you getting the bonus twice? Is the ultimate min-max activating all 150-odd statues 10 times for the full character limit?

Senntinel

Novice
We literally see souls of dead barbarians in Mephisto's realm during the D4 campaign (he says they are bleeding over from Baal's domain), how fucking retarded do you have to be to think "there is no afterlife" in Diablo lore. :retarded: Who do you think are all the deformed human shapes reaching out of the floor/pillars/whatever in hell?

There is an afterlife, and people go to heaven/hell depending on whether they were more aligned with their angelic or demonic half during their life.

What makes Diablo 4 unnecessarily bleak is that the heavens are presented as cold, distant, and uncaring. The only angel we see in the entire game is Inarius, who is written to be a complete moron who gets easily played by Lilith (maybe finish killing her before starting to despair that your fellow angels don't want you back) and then viciously murdered. But then again, what else would you expect from a game written by dieversity hires and atheists?
Pretty sure Inarius isn't dead, but got turned into a demon.

Zlaja

Arcane
When you get Lilith statues it says "this bonus is unlocked to all characters on this realm." But when you play with a new character, they can re-activated the same statues. So are you getting the bonus twice? Is the ultimate min-max activating all 150-odd statues 10 times for the full character limit?

You can't recieve stat bonuses from Lillith statues more than once per realm. When creating a new char on the current 'Eternal' realm, you can only recieve little xp if you bother activating them again.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How long does it take to beat the campaign on normal?
Depends on if you're playing solo or with other people, specifically higher level characters. Also depends on how much side content you do. It took me way longer than it needed to because I kept fucking around with side shit. If you just beeline the campaign (which I recommend doing) it could probably be done in 8 hours. Even shorter than that if you're partied with a high level character.

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot
Honestly, the D4 main quest/story was a pile of garbage. It was clearly written by Christianity-hating atheists/kikes/satanists, so it constantly bashes you over the head with how fanatical, cruel and misguided the Cathedral is (even though almost all of the supposedly-horrible things they do are 100% justified and even prudent, considering the dire circumstances), and downright commits character assassination with Inarius. All other angels are totally absent (whatever happened to Tyrael after D2?), and the game fawns over the disgusting she-demon Lilith and practically laments her as a poor misunderstood martyr for whom we must all simp and dilate.

Also, the main character only "wins" due to constantly getting miraculous help from Mephisto, the main devil of this setting. And at one point you have to receive the "blessing" of all three main devils, because that's the only way to enter yet another ancient temple or whatever. Basically, you're forced to play as a pawn of the satan(s). No angelic involvement allowed, though.

After the campaign is over, the game forces you to butcher the remaining Cathedral knights and the priest who saved your life at the beginning. It's a horrible, poorly-written fanfic, and most of it is mired in retarded busywork that only drags out the supremely-uneventful storyline.

1/10, can't think of any game I've played that had a worse storyline than this

Perkel

Arcane
Fawning is wrong world. More like fascination. She is cruel to humans and yet she pursues goal that seems to benefit humans in long run. Player pact with evil to stop her clearly points out that she is third way in fight between angels and demons. She is demon but she is compassionate to her child which makes her different than demon.

Where story falls flat is that there is no real answer to her motives, goal etc. Her story just ends. Which I think is intentional as it doesn't hand you clear moral answer. I mean it works in that sense yet I don't feel that there was anything told here.

Overall when you think about structure of diablo world (i mean hell and heaven) it doesn't make much sense. In lore humans were just byproduct of lilith and inarius and nothing more. So the prime evils don't really make sense as they are seen as living embodiment of various emotions like terror or hate but whose terror and hate if humans wouldn't exist.

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot
Fawning is wrong world. More like fascination. She is cruel to humans and yet she pursues goal that seems to benefit humans in long run. Player pact with evil to stop her clearly points out that she is third way in fight between angels and demons. She is demon but she is compassionate to her child which makes her different than demon.
It was made pretty clear that she would just turn the human world into her personal Hell-like domain, where most people would be killed off for being "weak", and the select few survivors would live in a fully satanic regime where might makes right and social darwinism rules the day, forever.

Then she would use these "strong" humans are her army against her daddy's army of demons. And eventually storm the heavens, if her project was successful enough.

Basically, the story is kind of schizophrenic in how it treats Lilith, I think it's the result of several different people passive-aggressively inserting their own ideas over each other.

Perkel

Arcane
It was made pretty clear that she would just turn the human world into her personal Hell-like domain, where most people would be killed off for being "weak", and the select few survivors would live in a fully satanic regime where might makes right and social darwinism rules the day, forever.
Then she would use these "strong" humans are her army against her daddy's army of demons. And eventually storm the heavens, if her project was successful enough.
Basically, the story is kind of schizophrenic in how it treats Lilith, I think it's the result of several different people passive-aggressively inserting their own ideas over each other.

If she would win where that would place humans ? Above angels and demons ?

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot

If she would win where that would place humans ? Above angels and demons ?
As a new breed of uber-demons that could win the "eternal conflict". Of course, all sides of the eternal conflict believe they can win it.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Honestly, the D4 main quest/story was a pile of garbage. It was clearly written by Christianity-hating atheists/kikes/satanists, so it constantly bashes you over the head with how fanatical, cruel and misguided the Cathedral is (even though almost all of the supposedly-horrible things they do are 100% justified and even prudent, considering the dire circumstances), and downright commits character assassination with Inarius. All other angels are totally absent (whatever happened to Tyrael after D2?), and the game fawns over the disgusting she-demon Lilith and practically laments her as a poor misunderstood martyr for whom we must all simp and dilate.

Also, the main character only "wins" due to constantly getting miraculous help from Mephisto, the main devil of this setting. And at one point you have to receive the "blessing" of all three main devils, because that's the only way to enter yet another ancient temple or whatever. Basically, you're forced to play as a pawn of the satan(s). No angelic involvement allowed, though.

After the campaign is over, the game forces you to butcher the remaining Cathedral knights and the priest who saved your life at the beginning. It's a horrible, poorly-written fanfic, and most of it is mired in retarded busywork that only drags out the supremely-uneventful storyline.

1/10, can't think of any game I've played that had a worse storyline than this

I got nothing but love for ya bro but I gotta disagree pretty heavily here. I mean, Diablo's storytelling has never been great. The first game's was pretty good for what it was. Pretty simple, straightforward, but worked well with the doom and gloom atmosphere. Diablo 2 was decline in terms of storytelling. It was pretty forgettable. D3's was obviously atrocious, like bottom of the barrel bad. Kind of reminded me of a shitty anime. I mean 99% of anime is shit but D3's story was like extra anime shittiness.

D4 is a return to form in terms of storytelling I think. It doesn't feel like a retread, Lilith is a solid villain, Mephisto and Inarius are interesting side villains or whatever you want to call them, there's some likable side characters like Lorath and Doran, and the conflict was actually interesting. This is probably the best that Diablo's storytelling has ever been. Yeah low bar, I know.

spectre

Arcane
With Lilith, I couldn't shake the feeling: you're guys doing a Kerrigan again, aren't you?
Didn't like the way Lorath was written and Nyrelle looked like another diversity self-insert. The game needed a Decard Cain, a likeable mentor-companion, but we got none of that.
Not that I'm here for the story. Final fight was actually fun, unlike a whole bunch of filler encounters leading to it.

What else they gonna talk about? Which of the 3 sorc skills their build uses?
You want to discuss the merits of choosing between Fire Bolt vs. Frost Bolt vs. Teleport vs. Flame Shield vs. Blizzard in the Enchantment Slots as well as their various synergies in the paragon boards
or was it not available in the first 25 levels of the beta?

Reinhardt

Arcane
You want to discuss the merits of choosing between Fire Bolt vs. Frost Bolt vs. Teleport vs. Flame Shield vs. Blizzard in the Enchantment Slots as well as their various synergies in the paragon boards
if you actually did this maybe then sdg figured he has passive skill slots faster and suffered less.

spectre

Arcane
if you actually did this maybe then sdg figured he has passive skill slots faster and suffered less.
I think it's his baby's first rpg (and I am using the term extremely loosely) experience, let's not spoil the journey.

Saravan

Savant
With Lilith, I couldn't shake the feeling: you're guys doing a Kerrigan again, aren't you?
Didn't like the way Lorath was written and Nyrelle looked like another diversity self-insert. The game needed a Decard Cain, a likeable mentor-companion, but we got none of that.
Not that I'm here for the story. Final fight was actually fun, unlike a whole bunch of filler encounters leading to it.

What else they gonna talk about? Which of the 3 sorc skills their build uses?
You think you are being clever but one enhancement slot is permalocked for Fire Bolt and you are stuck with 4 defensives for end game. Again, before you press reply show some evidence that demonstrates otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom