Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oooooooo they released a new cosmetic for the rogue and for only $12. It's not great but looks cooler than the other ones I guess. I'll get it since I have the spare premium points. I figured there would be more new cosmetics added to the shop being that it's the 4th of July. Some American flag themed cosmetics would have been awesome. Would have paid big money for a red white and blue themed bikini for the Rogue. Hell even a barb with like an american flag cape would have been cool. Such a missed opportunity.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Got my barb to 50 yesterday. That only leaves the druid left, which I have started today. The shitty thing is that at level one he had 10 skill points from the renown b.s. from past characters. I have no self control and maxed out early shit. Druid is now 16 and I'm still one shotin everything with the basic werebear attack (elites maybe 4-6). Makes it difficult to judge this character.

Or my skill choices.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got my barb to 50 yesterday. That only leaves the druid left, which I have started today. The shitty thing is that at level one he had 10 skill points from the renown b.s. from past characters. I have no self control and maxed out early shit. Druid is now 16 and I'm still one shotin everything with the basic werebear attack (elites maybe 4-6). Makes it difficult to judge this character.

Or my skill choices.

But how does he travel around weighing 400 pounds? Does he have a conjuration skill that let's him summon a forklift to carry his fat ass around? How does that work?

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter

Or my skill choices.

But how does he travel around weighing 400 pounds? Does he have a conjuration skill that let's him summon a forklift to carry his fat ass around? How does that work?

If you ever decide to try druid, do not even look at the female options. Make it a male and give him the most friendliest face possible. Slap on the largest beard available. Name him Santa. It doesn't remove the total disgust, but it helps.

Saravan

Savant
You main sorc and don't even understand why Fire Bolt is permalocked, hahaha. And then you backtrack when your buttbuddy here confirms it, just perfect.

I main PYRO sorce you stupid fuck. It would be a complete waste of an enchantment slot for me. And no I still don't agree that it is essential for the other two types of sorce.

First of all it's called Fire Sorc (pyro? lmao). And it's not about whether your shitty Fire Ball build needs the enchantment it's that is crucial for the good builds. The only exception is Fire Wall build and it's very ineffective at end game even though it has the damage to trudge through that content with it. You should buy a brain instead of more cosmetics.

haven't even started in end-game
Since you refuse to define what you mean, I'll use the traditional definition, which is "the end of the game," aka the main campaign, which I passed and am doing just fine without touching a single meta build. QED.

Start of end-game phase = Reaching WT4. You haven't reached it and it's completely irrelevant what works at WT3, which btw by your own admission you even at that point had to change your fantastic build.

Oh shit see that guys, a youtuber said the game was bad. That's it, pack it in, shows over, everyone stop having fun.

Next up in Saravan's playlist: "Top 5 tips for Skyrim."

Jesus christ, these playground level disses makes me physically cringe. The video breaks down the important parts of an ARPG. Idc if you play the game? Forums are for discussing games.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You main sorc and don't even understand why Fire Bolt is permalocked, hahaha. And then you backtrack when your buttbuddy here confirms it, just perfect.

I main PYRO sorce you stupid fuck. It would be a complete waste of an enchantment slot for me. And no I still don't agree that it is essential for the other two types of sorce.

First of all it's called Fire Sorc (pyro? lmao). And it's not about whether your shitty Fire Ball build needs the enchantment it's that is crucial for the good builds. The only exception is Fire Wall build and it's very ineffective at end game even though it has the damage to trudge through that content with it. You should buy a brain instead of more cosmetics.

You have not played the game. All of your knowledge is based off of these dipshit youtubers you jackoff to. I don't know howmany times I have to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP! Your opinion will never be taken seriously in here until you actually play the game and know wtf it is you're talking about. Playing the beta and watching youtube videos does not count as playing the game you dancing clown. You are 100% clueless. That is why everybody is making fun of you.

Saravan

Savant

You have not played the game. All of your knowledge is based off of these dipshit youtubers you jackoff to. I don't know howmany times I have to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP! Your opinion will never be taken seriously in here until you actually play the game and know wtf it is you're talking about. Playing the beta and watching youtube videos does not count as playing the game you dancing clown. You are 100% clueless.
Don't cry too hard. Hey btw, why don't you record another unhinged video of you beating, say, NMD tier10 with your shitty Fire Ball build to show me how great sorc works when you try to deviate from the Fire Bolt enchantment permalock. Wait, you are like lvl 68 or something? Sure got a whole lotta personal experience about the end game lmao.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
King Crispy Saravan is continually spamming and derailing the thread with false information. I think it's time he is removed from the thread until he has an actual frame of reference and not just mime faggy youtubers that nobody cares about.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If I tell you no, I'm not going to do that, are you going to declare me your mortal enemy again, start self-harming and post a video of yourself sacrificing a live chicken on your lawn in a bid to damn my eternal soul?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If I tell you no, I'm not going to do that, are you going to declare me your mortal enemy again, start self-harming and post a video of yourself sacrificing a live chicken on your lawn in a bid to damn my eternal soul?
Well no but you could do one thing for me once in your life. Out of the hundreds of times you've refused to help me you could just fucking do it once. Tell you what, kick his ass out of the thread and I will never tag you or ask you for another thing ever again. Pinky swear.

Saravan

Savant
During all the time I have been reading the codex have I never heard of someone crying this hard for a safe space. What D4 does to a mf…

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You have not played the game and therefore you do not deserve to be in here conversing with experienced players who have put hundreds or thousands of hours into the game. It's time for you to go buh bye.

Also mandatory "join date 2019". Ha newfag.

Saravan

Savant
You have not played the game and therefore you do not deserve to be in here conversing with experienced players who have put hundreds or thousands of hours into the game. It's time for you to go buh bye.
Pretty sure it's physically impossible at this date to have put in thousands of hours into D4.

You mean experienced players like yourself who wasn't even aware of the BIS enchantment slot for a class you main? Or you mean experienced players who talk about what works in end game without having reached it? A bit confused sorry.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Pretty sure it's physically impossible at this date to have put in thousands of hours into D4.

You mean experienced players like yourself who wasn't even aware of the BIS enchantment slot for a class you main? Or you mean experienced players who talk about what works in end game without having reached it? A bit confused sorry.
Getting tired of wasting my time talking to you, especially about the fucking fire bolt shit. It is a 100% waste of an enchantment slot for a pyro sorce because the bonus burning damage it adds is microscopic in comparison to the burning damage you stack from items, other skills, and the paragon board. It is completely fucking useless as an enchantment skill for a pyro sorce. There is no reason to use it for anything other than a basic attack you stupid, stupid, stupid mother fucker.

spectre

Arcane
Thread brings a tear to my eye. No only do we see SDG take his baby steps in baby's first arpg, he also gets trolled on the internets for the first time.
Glad saravan was here with us to make it special.
Or you mean experienced players who talk about what works in end game without having reached it?
Considering retards who get all authoritative about a game they mostly "played" on youtube, I think that's a fair match.
By the way, that's pretty much it when it comes to your attention quota from me.

The shitty thing is that at level one he had 10 skill points from the renown b.s. from past characters. I have no self control and maxed out early shit. Druid is now 16 and I'm still one shotin everything with the basic werebear attack (elites maybe 4-6). Makes it difficult to judge this character.
Yeah, at first it felt weird they did it like this, totally takes the balance out of the early game.
Though I think I dislike the global potion count more. Starting with 9, you no longer need to think about conserving them.
But then again, they probably realized people will only have the patience to grind these bonuses once.
You're meant to waltz past the first ~30 levels anyway, so it works out in the end.

I think the place to most definitely find out what works and what doesn't is at the first capstone anyway, which is where level scaling sorta
catches up with you. If you're struggling with either the mobs or the final boss, means back to the drawing board.
I managed to do it earliest at level 46 with fortify/pulverize druid, took it as a good sign.

Motherfucker can be made nigh-unkillable, so if I ever get around to making a HC char, which I probably won't, because of the online thing,
I'd pick this guy.

Also, you need to check the Aspects cause they fuck around with skill tags, bear roar can be made into a werewolf skill and bear ultimate can be switched to a greater werewolf, for example.
Plenty of werewolf skills can also be switched to earth skills, means you will reconsider stuff like Earthen Might.

Saravan

Savant
Or you mean experienced players who talk about what works in end game without having reached it?
Considering retards who get all authoritative about a game they mostly "played" on youtube, I think that's a fair match.
By the way, that's pretty much it when it comes to your attention quota from me.
Key difference being that I do not place any conditionals on the legitimacy of a statement based on whether or not I have personal experience. If you are going to play that game at least have the experience to also back it up, else it's just a comical comparison.

The 'not gonna give you attention' meme doesn't really work if you spend the effort to make a reply. P(l)aying D4 must really require you to turn off your brain. So many inconsistencies.

Zlaja

Arcane
Start of end-game phase = Reaching WT4

End-game content starts OFFICIALLY at WT3 and the second phase of end-game content starts at WT4. Also, in Nightmare dungeons 70+, enemies will massively outlevel you no matter how high your LV is, which means this content can't really be compared to anything else you'll encounter in WT4. IMO, if you can handle everything in WT4 just fine, except the type of Nightmare dungeons where you're facing enemies 30 Lvs above you, then your build can be considered 'good' in general.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
we see SDG take his baby steps in baby's first arpg
images (1) (1).jpeg

I was playing Diablo 1 before Saravan was probably swimming around in his daddy's nutsack. I'm arguably the biggest championer of the Soulsborne games here and was playing them before 99% of the people here because I had access to Demon's Souls at launch while PC gamers did not. Big Dragon's Dogma fan as well. Wtf you on about?

Saravan

Savant
Start of end-game phase = Reaching WT4

End-game content starts OFFICIALLY at WT3 and the second phase of end-game content starts at WT4. Also, in Nightmare dungeons 70+, enemies will massively outlevel you no matter how high your LV is, which means this content can't really be compared to anything else you'll encounter in WT4. IMO, if you can handle everything in WT4 just fine, except the type of Nightmare dungeons where you're facing enemies 30 Lvs above you, then your build can be considered 'good' in general.
Literal definition of end-game is at the end of a campaign for ARPG:s but everyone who is not a retard understands real end-game starts at WT4 as it's the last WT. If WT5 is introduced in S1 then start of WT5 is the beginning of end-game. The vast majority agrees that WT3 is just a quick stepping stone to get some upgrades to gear from helltide to then quickly get over the capstone dungeon for WT4. Really not that complicated.

Saravan

Savant
we see SDG take his baby steps in baby's first arpg
View attachment 38332

I was playing Diablo 1 before Saravan was probably swimming around in his daddy's nutsack. I'm arguably the biggest championer of the Soulsborne games here and was playing them before 99% of the people here because I had access to Demon's Souls at launch while PC gamers did not. Big Dragon's Dogma fan as well. Wtf you on about?

I played D1 religiously but what's more important here is despite having such ARPG history (Dragon's Dogma is really not the same kind of top-down ARPG but w/e) you are so goddamn bad at D4. That's really funny to me.

everyone who is not a retard

The vast majority agrees

Really not that complicated

Great arguments there.
Ty bro, appreciate your attempt at getting caught up in literal definitions of terms that are irrelevant as they are never used in actual discourse around the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom