Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Edgelord video
That video was kind of amazing because it was posted as evidence the game is too easy and casual, but all the complaints in the vid were that the game isn't casual enough.

-
Complains that aspects are important for builds and wants higher item drop rates to make it easier to find them.
-Random packs are a threat and he dies often, he wants more easily farmable trash mobs.
-Doesn't like that skills have to be combo'd--he can't just max one skill and spam it.
-He doesn't want to engage with the open world, wants the content to be spoon fed to him.

Sounds like a Diablo Immortal player tbh.

The only valid point I think is that Ultimates are undercooked. It does seem like they are being skipped over as skill slots are too valuable to waste on a skill that sits on cooldown for most of a fight. The only reason I use Deathtrap is because of the key passive that lets me reset the cooldown, I think there should be more mechanics like this for Ults. Otherwise they really need a buff or a rework.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
They're still the hardest content I've seen in the game.
It was a wakeup call because for the last ~10-15 levels of WT2 I was snoozing my way through the battles. I am able to clear them still just by playing a bit more cautiously.

We'll see if I can handle NMD but I may get bored of the game by then, or have to look up a build online like some filthy degenerate.

Zlaja

Arcane
I'm only just starting on the Strongholds and they're quite intense at this level.
They're still the hardest content I've seen in the game. I'm not counting wt4 because that stuff is just literally impossible to do at my level. Well the nightmare dungeon I tried was.

Helltide mobs are generally more challenging than any stronghold. Try doing events inside hellltides and see if it spawns a helltide boss for you. Probably tankiest bosses (not saying much tho, since bosses are a pushover in WT3).

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
It will probably be something like "The Blorp Bloop has affected Sanctuary, and now you must fight the Dorgolons to collect the missing Twerbles and restore the Yigyams. Please pay $10 and spend 100 hours of your life to earn more useless cosmetics (SDG)."

Honestly the game this most reminds me of is Guild Wars 2, and the 'living world' content of that post-campaign was pretty horrid. I'm guessing the seasons will be lame until a real expansion is released.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not even mad that I've spent over $200 on the game thus far. I've played for well over 200 hours so far so if you really think about it that's like $1 for a couple hours of gameplay. That's cheaper than a strip club where you could spend hundreds of dollars in a few hours.

spectre

Arcane
After not giving me shit for literally days, the game decided to start dispensing Uniques. Got Penitent Greaves from PvP and just now got Frostburn and Rainment of the Infinite
from the same nightmare dungeon. Guess Teleport goes back into the enchantment slot, baby.

There's also a nice interaction between two monster types. The big spiders will latch onto the bloated zombies and "animate" them.
The game didn't pair them too often so I barely noticed. Wish blizzard would do more of those, cause little bits like this break some of the monotony of the tiny creature pool.

So far, that's my biggest gripe with the game, it's not that noticeable if you swap areas often, but because the monsters overlap,
you don't get that fresh feeling often if you're fighting ghosts + spiders then spiders + snakes then snakes + ghosts then ghosts + goatmen.

Second biggest is this fucking tedious "brings rock to pedestal" crap you get in dungeons. Whoever thought having three of this crap in a dungeon was good...
Seems like they saw how tedious this is, because the big ass rock or crystal gives you a +25% movement speed bonus as you haul it on your back (because this is totally how it works).

I'd also like to see a rework of the inventory, gems aspects and gear taking up the same space is daft, but I guess that's console interface keeping us down.
Also, gems turned out really crappy. Makes me wish for Runes, just to get some additional options, which isn't a good sign at all.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm having a harder and harder time playing this lol. I keep telling myself "ight I'm starting this beast up and doing some grinding" and I log in, and then I just sit at the character screen for hours while I browse codex. Maybe I should go back to that Aliens game.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That Blizzard stream is today. They better say season 1 starts tomorrow.

I feel like I'm just stuck as this impasse where leveling up has become agonizingly slow, I'm not finding better gear anymore, and there's the grinding renown bullshit. It's all mindnumbingly dull. And the game isn't challenging me much in wt3.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

I feel like I'm just stuck as this impasse where leveling up has become agonizingly slow, I'm not finding better gear anymore, and there's the grinding renown bullshit. It's all mindnumbingly dull. And the game isn't challenging me much in wt3.
Did you clear the capstone dungeon for wt4?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Yes. I feel like wt4 would just make things move even slower. Kinda thinking about dropping back down to wt1. I wont be getting anything out of it but atleast I could blow through the renown stuff I have left quicker. Only have 2 regions left. I need 600 points in the dry steppes and a longer way to go in that place that starts with a H.

I don't even know why I care so much. Only would be missing out on 8 paragon points which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Maybe I should move up to wt4.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane

Go to WT4 immediately. You're DONE with WT3. And forget about renown for now. Just do whatever you feel like doing. And stop just wearing the same outfit all the time.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Go to WT4 immediately. You're DONE with WT3. And forget about renown for now. Just do whatever you feel like doing. And stop just wearing the same outfit all the time.
Tf you got against my sorce's outfit? She looks like the baddest ass mfer on planet earth. She ought to, I paid good money for that shit.

I'm only lvl 66. Recommended lvl for wt4 is 70.

Yes. I feel like wt4 would just make things move even slower. Kinda thinking about dropping back down to wt1. I wont be getting anything out of it but atleast I could blow through the renown stuff I have left quicker. Only have 2 regions left. I need 600 points in the dry steppes and a longer way to go in that place that starts with a H.

I don't even know why I care so much. Only would be missing out on 8 paragon points which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Maybe I should move up to wt4.

There's a hard ceiling on how good the drops will ever be in WT3. 'Sacred' items are simply not as powerful as the 'Ancestral' gear you can only find in WT4, so I would start farming there if you can.

I'm not crazy about how this works in D4, personally, and I definitely preferred the ability to still get useful gear in nightmare. Last time I played through a season of Diablo 2 a Shako dropped for me from Nightmare Bhaal, for instance. But in this game you're very much incentivized to rush to T4/Torment/Hell/Whatever just since the item tiers are so pronounced. At L80 I don't even really pickup Sacred items anymore unless they're legendaries.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

As he said. Renown goes really quick if you combine quests (some of them are really good and atmospheric), Lillith statues and nightmare dungeons. Clearing a dungeon also gives 30 rep btw...

Zlaja

Arcane
Tf you got against my sorce's outfit? She looks like the baddest ass mfer on planet earth. She ought to, I paid good money for that shit.

Nothing. I just don't understand why you would run around and constantly look the same. That's just boring. I switch my char's look every 3-4 Lvs to keep things fresh.

Also, if you're bored playing the Sorc and don't wanna play a new char until season 1 starts, then why don't you get D2R and play that in tandem with D4. Like playing with fire? How about a Fire Druid build? And Druid ain't no fatso in D2.

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm having a harder and harder time playing this lol. I keep telling myself "ight I'm starting this beast up and doing some grinding" and I log in, and then I just sit at the character screen for hours while I browse codex. Maybe I should go back to that Aliens game.

Did I not fucking call it? Like clockwork. Once people get to endgame they realize there is no game. It's just a hollow edifice put out to make a quarterly profit.

Zeriel

Arcane
Druids aren't fat in D4 either (except your char :D).

Yeah, it was very clearly some fattie at Blizzard's self-insert. It's interesting how almost all the druid characters except the class "hero" (who doesn't really have any personality at all) end up being evil to self-destructive.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Did I not fucking call it? Like clockwork. Once people get to endgame they realize there is no game. It's just a hollow edifice put out to make a quarterly profit.

All ARPGs and MMOs are like that.

News at 11.

Zeriel

Arcane

All ARPGs and MMOs are like that.

News at 11.

Nah, they really aren't. I'm really tired of this apologism. Diablo 4 is massively lacking by this measure; Diablo 3 was much better on release, to say nothing of games like Path of Exile. Yeah, sure, it's a new game, it will get better over time, but that really shouldn't be an excuse for having a basic end-game that lasts longer than 30-50 hours when you're in the realm of selling through 600m in profits in the first week. That's the big leagues. It's like saying it's fine for Ford to release a car where the brakes don't work because the next edition of the car will have them. You're getting graded on the competition, not what your mother thinks about you.

Additionally, from a financial perspective this is also playing with fire. It's much easier to maintain interest in a game (and hence financial viability when we are talking a "live service game") from the get-go than to try and claw it back over time once people have already decided your game has a reputation as an empty shell. Many publishers just give up after a few months if the initial backlash is too severe, even if the game itself is a technical, spreadsheet-level success. Just look at Anthem. All that talk of we are in it for the long haul, we'll fix it, then they cut line and parachuted out at the exec level once it became clear it wasn't going to be a quick turn around. The amount of effort to make a flawed game good enough to please the audience post-launch is not 1.5x more than making it good originally, it's more like 5-10x, because you are fighting against the decisions and perception people have already committed to.

Mortmal

Arcane
Same, end game is boring, as mentioned too by others the dungeon mechanics are unfun. Alien dark descent is not perfect but was more fun. Also Stasis: bone totem is one of the 2023 mandatory purchase.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom