Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw I know Saravan is too retarded to feel shame and embarassment, but he is absolutely one of those pathetic fags who look up perfect build videos and reads wikis rather than experimenting with builds himself. That makes him a useless pussy, the worst type of Diablo player, and is yet another reason why he should be removed from the thread.

Saravan

Savant
Btw I know Saravan is too retarded to feel shame and embarassment, but he is absolutely one of those pathetic fags who look up perfect build videos and reads wikis rather than experimenting with builds himself. That makes him a useless pussy, the worst type of Diablo player, and is yet another reason why he should be removed from the thread.
Bro you can't declare that you have me on ignore list then immediately follow it up with another post about me.

abija

Prophet
Jesus christ, these playground level disses makes me physically cringe. The video breaks down the important parts of an ARPG. Idc if you play the game? Forums are for discussing games.
Edgelord video that starts with "blizzard did a decent job with the story". Oh god he doesn't mince his words... ramble ramble ramble "it made me realize all the arpgs have these problems". Video closed.

Btw, still haven't defined what you call endgame or what a build needs to accomplish before it's "Saravan endgame approved".

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Atleast they gave Andariel some buildup and an explanation for why she is there. Duriel literally just shows up out of the blue for no rhyme or reason and then of course dies. Never any mention of him before or after he shows up. That part was dumb, lol.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
But then again, they probably realized people will only have the patience to grind these bonuses once.

No, they had been intending for renown to start over at 0 for all your seasonal characters and to have to grind it up again. Similarly with hardcore characters. It's why it says the bonus applies to all the characters on that realm. They only started walking it back on the seasonal characters after people started bitching, but it sounded to me like it's still not a blanket carry over, just some sort of compromise.

Atleast they gave Andariel some buildup and an explanation for why she is there. Duriel literally just shows up out of the blue for no rhyme or reason and then of course dies. Never any mention of him before or after he shows up. That part was dumb, lol.

Duriel's supposed to be a joke. In D2, people would remember getting assfucked by Duriel repeatedly. D4, after nuking the fuck out of him, the character is like: Huh, who was that? Maybe it was one of the scary guys Lorath was talking about. Oh well, whatever.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Start of end-game phase = Reaching WT4. You haven't reached it and it's completely irrelevant what works at WT3, which btw by your own admission you even at that point had to change your fantastic build.
Hey, now you're moving the goalposts, but at least you're committing to something. Yeah I changed one core skill for another, but Rapid Fire was actually my starting build, so I'm going back to what worked at the beginning of the game. Still not using a meme build from some youtuber in either case. I think most people use twisting blades which I've never liked.

If I reach WT4 without touching a meme build, will you admit you were wrong?

The video breaks down the important parts of an ARPG
His main complaint is that he needs to get new items as he levels up to replace weaker items, and the more you play the harder this becomes.

I mean... just... what? I actually agree, this becomes tedious after awhile, but has there ever been an ARPG where that was not the case? Name one where the loot you find at level 1 lasts the whole game. Do you play through Diablo with your 1d4 shortsword? There is a point in PoE where it becomes mathematically infinitesimal that you will be able to find the item you *need* to progress, and your only hope is shady third party currency farming sites. Is that an improvement?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Considering retards who get all authoritative about a game they mostly "played" on youtube, I think that's a fair match.
I don't think I've seen someone study the meta this hard in a game they don't even own. Either he's poor and can't afford it and this is sour grapes, or it's an example of Grampybone's Law: People complain the most about games they are bad at.

Saravan show me on the doll where Diablo 4 hurt you.

Saravan

Savant
Start of end-game phase = Reaching WT4. You haven't reached it and it's completely irrelevant what works at WT3, which btw by your own admission you even at that point had to change your fantastic build.
Hey, now you're moving the goalposts, but at least you're committing to something. Yeah I changed one core skill for another, but Rapid Fire was actually my starting build, so I'm going back to what worked at the beginning of the game. Still not using a meme build from some youtuber in either case. I think most people use twisting blades which I've never liked.

If I reach WT4 without touching a meme build, will you admit you were wrong?
Never moved the goalpost. Always said WT4 was the start of the end-game with WT5 being the new marker if introduced in S1. Reaching WT4 means nothing more than you having reached the start of the end-game. My point was that you can't talk shit about your build from the perspective of WT3 as it's irrelevant.

Considering retards who get all authoritative about a game they mostly "played" on youtube, I think that's a fair match.
I don't think I've seen someone study the meta this hard in a game they don't even own. Either he's poor and can't afford it and this is sour grapes, or it's an example of Grampybone's Law: People complain the most about games they are bad at.
So now the problem is I know too much, lmao pick a lane. :lol:

Saravan show me on the doll where Diablo 4 hurt you.
You really gotta stop with these cringy quips that were relevant like 15 years ago. First Skyrim now this...

agris

Arcane
Patron
the one thing i've learned from wading through all the shit in this thread is:

if your brain is addled by alcohol, you can't realize your inherent potential so you just live in a bed in a trailer and have trouble articulating yourself on the internet, D4 is the game for you!

bloodlover

Arcane
I hope they release S1 sooner rather than later. I think that they usually release Heartstone seasons one week after the announcements so fingers crossed they will do the same for D4. There's still plenty of stuff to do in game but BG3 is just around the corner and I won't be playing any D4 once that comes around. Although, I feel like they are most likely to take into consideration the PoE season starts and it would be a bad idea for Blizz to have them collide.

Old Hans

Arcane
I feel like those types of demon lords are best used as background threats that you never actually see or fight. It always feels so disappointing. its like everyone in the lore is all "if that thing escapes its all over for the entire planet" and then I show up and kill it with my 5 skeleton minions

abija

Prophet
Never moved the goalpost. Always said WT4 was the start of the end-game with WT5 being the new marker if introduced in S1. Reaching WT4 means nothing more than you having reached the start of the end-game. My point was that you can't talk shit about your build from the perspective of WT3 as it's irrelevant.
When I linked you some random yt wt4 build you said it's not good to push high NM. So cmon, commit. Say something precise. "Starts at WT4" is beyond generic and you already said is not good enough. You using it vs people that didn't reach WT4 while not acceptiong it in other posts is the definition of goalpost moving.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Lvl 66 now, still enjoying the game, WT3 atm.
Started doing nightmare dungeons, finishing up the quests and Lilith statues for rep and stat bonuses. Doing it nice n slow.
Did the "By three they come", at first didnt realise it was the quest chain about dudes from Lilliths summoning.
Think i will clear the capstone dungeon and move to WT4 soon, probably tonight if i have the time.
Item upgrading and applying aspect to them really tickles my inner ocd.

The game is good so far, no regrets on the purchase

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They only started walking it back on the seasonal characters after people started bitching, but it sounded to me like it's still not a blanket carry over, just some sort of compromise.

Well their compromise isn't good enough. I'm not going to keep farming renown after season 1. It's all going to have to carry over or I wont be buying any more battle passes. I'll be more than happy sticking to the eternal realm.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They only started walking it back on the seasonal characters after people started bitching, but it sounded to me like it's still not a blanket carry over, just some sort of compromise.

Well their compromise isn't good enough. I'm not going to keep farming renown after season 1. It's all going to have to carry over or I wont be buying any more battle passes. I'll be more than happy sticking to the eternal realm.
Yeah, you'll show them by only buying hundreds of bucks worth of cosmetics. Stand tall, man!

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
pick a lane.
It's not a contradictory statement. You can be knowledgable about a game while still completely sucking at it. Knowing where the jumps and powerups are in Mario Bros. doesn't get you the princess. You're just an armchair quarterback.

"By three they come"
Interesting, I was hoping they did a call back to the opening. Where is that quest? I skipped a lot of side stuff to try to get to WT3 quicker. I'm only just starting on the Strongholds and they're quite intense at this level.

Zlaja

Arcane
Interesting, I was hoping they did a call back to the opening. Where is that quest?

In one of the settlements in Hawezar (probably main one). There's a priest there standing in front of a church, and he wants to find out what happened to Symon (black scholar from the intro), who belongs to his perish.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm only just starting on the Strongholds and they're quite intense at this level.
They're still the hardest content I've seen in the game. I'm not counting wt4 because that stuff is just literally impossible to do at my level. Well the nightmare dungeon I tried was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom