Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In my experience Druids are ass and all the cool kid high dps dealers are Rogues.

Well, Lord knows your game analysis is in depth and spot on.
I just don't take gaming seriously enough as a hobby to go that in depth. It's ultimately an activity primarily taken part in by the lowest form of degenerates, and don't even get me started on people who make a career out of discussing them. I like them and sometimes I like talking about them but it's not something worth putting alot of effort into.
Unlike all your other high-class activities, right?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Here we go again. People always accuse me of making everything about me but here's a perfect example of me trying to talk about the game and people start talking about me instead. Let's keep the discussion about Diablo 4 please and thanks.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
SDG

It's just odd that the biggest d4 fanboy on the forum who spends real money to dress up their digital princess doll would turn around and complain about others being obsessed with the game.

In any case, maybe the meta-tards finally realized the potential of stacking damage boosters instead of core skill spam. i dont know high level builds for any class really, im playing the game blind. Every Sorc I see is an ice Sorc so it's possible the fire build is just bad, but kudos to you for sticking with a playstyle you like vs one that wins fights.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Every Sorc I see is an ice Sorc so it's possible the fire build is just bad, but kudos to you for sticking with a playstyle you like vs one that wins fights.

I've won plenty of of fights. I'm lvl 70 after all and now in endgame. Yes pyro sorc is considered weak in fag meta circles and I don't care. It's the build I chose upon release and it's the build I'm sticking with. It's effective enough. Pyro sorc is all about wide area damage build up and not so much one-shotting things. I feel like I built her as smart as I possibly could have by beefing up her movement speed to max and giving her 4 evade charges. It's not difficult for me to dance around mobs and burn them to the ground.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm really hurting for a serpentine aspect. Anybody got a legendary with it they wanna give me? I have the perfect amulet to give my flame hydras a massive buff but I need that aspect or it's pointless. Having a hell of a time finding it. I have it on my current amulet but it's imprinted so I can't extract it (thanks for letting me know about that Blizzard, you stupid fucks)

spectre

Arcane
Legendary items and aspects aren't tradable.

This one drops every now and then for me (think I saw at least four or five), best bet is probably grind some obols and dump them on something that can spawn it
(i think this one can spawn on anything, so try it with whatever's cheapest). You can pair it with running hidden chests in Helltides (they always drop a bunch of legendaries),
alternating with PvP - drops are good and it's easy to get obols and tree whispers along with it.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Legendary items and aspects aren't tradable.

This one drops every now and then for me (think I saw at least four or five), best bet is probably grind some obols and dump them on something that can spawn it
(i think this one can spawn on anything, so try it with whatever's cheapest). You can pair it with running hidden chests in Helltides (they always drop a bunch of legendaries),
alternating with PvP - drops are good and it's easy to get obols and tree whispers along with it.

You can't even join a person's party and drop it on the ground for them?

Yeah I've been doing the obols thing, plus sort of trying to do helltides and tree of whispers stuff at the same time. Haven't had any luck thus far. I looked it up and there's a few pieces of gear it doesn't appear on. Head, chest, and leg pieces of armor I think, and maybe boots.

spectre

Arcane
What is the best way to farm legendaries? Farm obols, helltides, whispers? I've also noticed pvp areas seem to have higher elite density so more stuff drops there too.
Yeah, elites spawn in pairs pretty reliably and in fixed locations in the PvP area, you can just leisurely cruise between those on horseback.
I usually just bloodmark myself and tour the baleful chest spawns as I go, gives you a few extra drop chances.
If you're looking for something more reliable (sometimes the game gets stingy all of the sudden and you won't see a legendary for a time), dumping 1000 obols usually results in 3-5.
For helltides, the regular chests have always been crappy for me, so I stopped bothering with them. The real deal seems to be the mystery chests (you can look this up on helltides.com)
which can drop a whole bunch of legendaries as well as an odd unique.

I don't think there's really one best way to farm, unless you want something really specific, boils down to doing whatever feels spicy so you don't burn out.
For what it's worth, about 3/4 of the uniques I have came from Nightmare Dungeons. Legion events on the other hand seem to be lousy, but I've only done a few of those.

Cosmetic items seem to drop from all kinds of different shit and it can be rather easy to overlook them on the ground,
I got one out of a baleful chest, one out of a treasure goblin, one came out of a random event, at least one as a nightmare dungeon reward. A few seem to be guaranteed from quests.

spectre

Arcane
Shame you got fucked over by a driver issue.

Well, D2R was one of the rare cases where blizzard simply fucking delivered what was wanted, needed and asked for. Even if they also kept a bunch of bugs in the process.
Mechanically wise, the only thing I really miss from D2 is skill damage being divorced from equipment stats and sockets being something you actually needed to consider
rather than the brainless - rubies go on armor unless you fortify, skulls go on bling. Hopefully they re-work this, and seems like they're testing the waters with the first season.

Greater mummies are also missed. They would really spice up the otherwise dull desert wildlife. But I guess just like the Death Knights, they did something right once
and just can't replicate it. And nope, the conehead penitent engine wannabes are not it.

Other than that, D2 would feel like a downgrade, as far as I am concerned. In particular, they really did excellent work when it comes to druid and necromancer gameplay.
otoh, Barbarians really got the shitty end of the stick with throwing weapons getting shafted.

I also don't miss speccing for magic find (it's a self-defeating mechanic if you think about it) and I particularly don't miss chugging millions of potions
(remember littering the floor with full rejuvens to prep for a fight?). I prefer resource gen to be something you need to figure out and overcome depending on the class
rather than a question of gold sink and inventory space.
I know this is old news, cause that's basically the system D3 came with, but in my mind, that game is just a vague, unpleasant memory that didn't really happen.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Learned my lesson from the serpentine aspect and now I'm extracting just about every legendary I come across lol. Before I was just salvaging most of them.

On a separate note it says that base run speed is 100% and it caps out at 125%. So I only need two items with 12.5% run speed to hit the cap or one item with 25%, right? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Some of this game's systems are obtuse as fuck. I still don't understand a lot of them, mostly the new additions.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
There is less space for aspects than items and extracting costs gold. Don't extract until stash is full.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I completed my first "event" in wt4. Not sure if it counts as an event, it was just a tree of whispers task. I was able to complete it but died about 3 times. There were two mobs each consisting of three elite enemies whom kicked my ass but I was able to beat them on second attempts. I'm definitely way underpowered, but with some patience and lucky drops I think I can get back to consistently kicking ass. It's gonna be rough though.

abija

Prophet
You can stash aspects
They occupy same space but your inventory for aspects has 1 less row than for items. There is no point paying the gold to extract until you want to use that aspect (or fully ran out of stash space).

RPK

Scholar
This is what Diablo player legends are made out of. Extremely underleveled, outmatched, but still pull off the big W, just like Pat Mahomes in the final moments of championship games.

Solo? Did you not see the 8 other people doing all the work while you ran around in circles spamming hydra?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is what Diablo player legends are made out of. Extremely underleveled, outmatched, but still pull off the big W, just like Pat Mahomes in the final moments of championship games.

Solo? Did you not see the 8 other people doing all the work while you ran around in circles spamming hydra?

No see, all those other name plates you see even in the thumbnail are just his cheering section. You don't know, you don't even play the game. Shut up.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

This is a lie. I also casted flame shield, fire wall, and inferno. I don't think I shot any fireballs tho. That skill is becoming more and more of a burden. It's only useful when inferno is active because you have infinite mana. It's time for Blizzard to stop being cunts and give pyro sorc a major buff. She deserves it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom