Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
All your womynz characters are gay and tranny. Here's what a REAL rogue looks like:

20230721_101216 - Copy.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I am so super hyped, especially after watching them take a character that I've spent an entire month building and rape her to death right in front of my eyes in a matter of seconds. Let's do this!

I think you honestly might have some sort of legitimate brain injury or severe psychotic defect.
I think you honestly might be some sort of legitimate brain retard or severe psychotic shitposter if you couldn't tell that SDG was being sarcastic.

What are you even doing in this thread, if you're not playing the game, Liberal? GTFO, spammer. Fuck back to GD.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I spent way too much time playing as that god damned sorc. I currently have my Rogue at lvl 21 and I am STILL constantly catching myself trying summon flame hydras LOL. That shit is burned into my brain.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
ROFL

Why would you ever create a hardcore character? Why are people so dumb? Is there something I'm missing? Like if you climb up the hardcore leaderboards do beautiful women magically appear and start grinding their tits and crotch on you? I just don't get it. Fucking masochists man.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Speaking of masochism: playing on World Tier 4 as a level 60 is indeed Torment. However, I'm perversely enjoying the challenge, getting better gear, and already leveled up to 61 after just a few side quests and dungeons.

WT3 got laughably easy towards the end there, not to mention a slog as far as leveling, and I was at risk of dropping the game entirely. The pain of getting repeatedly one-shotted by a hundred increased health+damage resist+lightning spam+teleporting elites breathed new life into the playthrough.

Still not playing the seasonal content with a brand new character. Blizzard can fuck right off what that one.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm discovering that at lvl 25 I completely suck at playing as a Rogue. It's all me, not the class' fault. I just don't understand the ebb and flow of the character. I have no synergy between my skills, no rhythm. A basic fight for me consists of activating ice imbuement and shroud whatever, then I run in and throw caltrops and spam barrage, blow my load and then I'm defenceless.

Gotta run around in circles waiting for my cooldowns to disappear hoping I don't die and all that. The sorce is garbage but I know how to use her. Been maining her for decades. I think the biggest problems I'm having is the Rogue doesn't have an equivalent to Flame Shield which was an essential tool for me. I also don't think she has a conjuration skill I know of that I can rely on to chip away health while I regroup. I need some AoE skills that do damage over time. Far as I know the caltrops are just meant to slow things down. I don't know what I'm doing. I want to get good with her but as of right now I'm clueless. I moved down to WT1. Humiliating.

Speaking of masochism: playing on World Tier 4 as a level 60 is indeed Torment. However, I'm perversely enjoying the challenge, getting better gear, and already leveled up to 61 after just a few side quests and dungeons.

WT3 got laughably easy towards the end there, not to mention a slog as far as leveling, and I was at risk of dropping the game entirely. The pain of getting repeatedly one-shotted by a hundred increased health+damage resist+lightning spam+teleporting elites breathed new life into the playthrough.

What class you playin as again? I forgot.

Zlaja

Arcane
I moved down to WT1. Humiliating

Meanwhile, my (mainly) Lightning Sorc hasn't died once at Lv.24 and is mowing down everyone and their mom with ease. I just finished nuking two strongholds and during those boss fights I never went below 7/9 healing pots.

Spark + Charged Bolts is a great combo. 4 out of my 6 active skills are lightning based, so I think this char can be considered a 'Lightning Sorc'. The only non-lightning stuff I'm using are the 2 defensive skills. Frost Nova is one of those, which I consider a must for any Sorc build.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
What class you playin as again? I forgot.
Rogue. You restore energy for your core skill (e.g. Rapid Fire) by spamming the basic skill, they pretty much all restore energy (but Puncture is the one I use). There should never be a time when you're just running around waiting for cooldowns, always attack.

I'm discovering that at lvl 25 I completely suck at playing as a Rogue. It's all me, not the class' fault. I just don't understand the ebb and flow of the character. I have no synergy between my skills, no rhythm. A basic fight for me consists of activating ice imbuement and shroud whatever, then I run in and throw caltrops and spam barrage, blow my load and then I'm defenceless.

Gotta run around in circles waiting for my cooldowns to disappear hoping I don't die and all that. The sorce is garbage but I know how to use her. Been maining her for decades. I think the biggest problems I'm having is the Rogue doesn't have an equivalent to Flame Shield which was an essential tool for me. I also don't think she has a conjuration skill I know of that I can rely on to chip away health while I regroup. I need some AoE skills that do damage over time. Far as I know the caltrops are just meant to slow things down. I don't know what I'm doing. I want to get good with her but as of right now I'm clueless. I moved down to WT1. Humiliating.

Flameshield on the Sorc is very easy to get accustomed to because it's a Panic/Invincibility button. Had Blizzard not nerfed cooldown reduction I think it would've been possible to have nearly 100% uptime on Flameshield, essentially giving you permanent invincibility.

I won't begrudge you for not being proficient with the rogue... But seriously, Rapid Fire + Flurry is all you need. If you (or anyone else) needs me to carry you through the first capstone I'll be happy to do it. But seriously, just spec all-in with Flurry (for AOE damage) and Rapid Fire (for single-target boss damage) and you can't go wrong. I personally like the Shadow Enchant because when you kill a trash mob with it there's an AOE explosion. Rapid Fire destroys bosses, so having an enchant that can deal with packs of trash mobs is useful.

I have to say I’ve really been enjoying Diablo 4 the last couple weeks. Not as a game, I haven’t played Diablo 4 at all. But it’s been pretty funny following all the reactions to the game these last two weeks. It’s like Diablo 4 just keeps taking hits and YouTube just keeps spitting them out for me. The developers looks so sad in their explanation video that people didn’t like the things they did that I’m sure they already knew people wouldn’t like.

After having Vicarious Visions remake Diablo 2 for them it really seems they should’ve basically just taken that and have Diablo 4 essentially just be Diablo 2 with better animations and some more classes.

I would seriously challenge you not to melt any boss with puncture (for vulnerability) and just 5 points into rapid fire.

So what do you do about packs of trash at that point? AOE Flurry and Shadow Imbuement works just fine.

Mana really is barely a consideration for the rogue. At least if you're using combo points which already regains mana.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Rogue. You restore energy for your core skill (e.g. Rapid Fire) by spamming the basic skill, they pretty much all restore energy (but Puncture is the one I use). There should never be a time when you're just running around waiting for cooldowns, always attack.
Maybe I'm crazy but rapid fire feels really weak to me compared to barrage, and I heard some people claim that barrage is far more powerful in the later stages of the game effectively rendering rapid fire useless. I have to spam rapid fire on a single enemy for it to die where as with barrage I can one-shot or nearly one-shot alot of enemies, but I have to use it like a shotgun and get right up in their face. I haven't tried flurry yet like e-mailio estevez suggested. I'll give that a shot, and also try twin blades.

I also don't like the character's ultimate. The hail of arrows (can't think of what it's called). Feels really weak in comparison to Sorc's inferno. I haven't tried the other ultimate yet.

I moved down to WT1. Humiliating

Meanwhile, my (mainly) Lightning Sorc hasn't died once at Lv.24 and is mowing down everyone and their mom with ease. I just finished nuking two strongholds and during those boss fights I never went below 7/9 healing pots.

Spark + Charged Bolts is a great combo. 4 out of my 6 active skills are lightning based, so I think this char can be considered a 'Lightning Sorc'. The only non-lightning stuff I'm using are the 2 defensive skills. Frost Nova is one of those, which I consider a must for any Sorc build.

Well yeah she's very competent in the early to mid-game. I didn't have any problems with her either, not like I am with the Rogue. You've got a long ways to go yet before running into the brick wall.

Flameshield on the Sorc is very easy to get accustomed to because it's a Panic/Invincibility button. Had Blizzard not nerfed cooldown reduction I think it would've been possible to have nearly 100% uptime on Flameshield, essentially giving you permanent invincibility.

I won't begrudge you for not being proficient with the rogue... But seriously, Rapid Fire + Flurry is all you need. If you (or anyone else) needs me to carry you through the first capstone I'll be happy to do it. But seriously, just spec all-in with Flurry (for AOE damage) and Rapid Fire (for single-target boss damage) and you can't go wrong. I personally like the Shadow Enchant because when you kill a trash mob with it there's an AOE explosion. Rapid Fire destroys bosses, so having an enchant that can deal with packs of trash mobs is useful.
Flame Shield is fucking amazing. That is easily my favorite skill in the game. It has saved my ass countless times. It can get you out of literally any type of bad situation, and it never felt OP to me. Just an all around extremely useful tool. I miss it dearly.

This post was very informative btw. Thanks.

Last edited:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Lightning/ ice sorc at 40 with no problems yet. Actually... Mana regen is a problem... Again. My original used crackling orbs for mana candy which did work, but I want to try to avoid that this time. Too much ability points to make them drop constantly. Also I would have to waste a slot on teleport. Even then it's too risky in WT3 to bolt in for the crack.

One death so far (butcher).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom