Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Diablo 4 coding lol

mspuVU0.png
lol That sounds like total bullshit as there is zero memory difference when you see other players in town.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

So I finally got around to watching this video I posted earlier. I got really excited when I seen the fix was for NM dungeons. Then find out the fix is only for tiers 30 and up so my sorc is still terminally fucked LMAO. I'm not even mad about it anymore. The sorc fuckery is just a comedy at this point.

39__3929__20221028182926.png

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

God I wish I had some talent or just basic knowledge of video editing. I would make a montage of her just kicking ass and I would lay a thrash metal track over it like some Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, or Pantera. I need to learn how to do that shit.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
God I wish I had some talent or just basic knowledge of video editing. I would make a montage of her just kicking ass and I would lay a thrash metal track over it like some Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, or Pantera. I need to learn how to do that shit.
Why are you playing on WT1?

Reinhardt

Arcane
what? you want more stash space? throwing random xXxTrannySorcerexXx and xir stash into your game is the best we can do.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I found this video pretty good, because you get 2 different perspectives in 1 video. One from a hardcore D2 gamer and one from a casual WoW-fag. It was pretty interesting to see where these two coalesce and where they diverge in opinion.

partial tl;dw:

- scaling ruins everything and has no reason to be in the game, both go into detail on why
- casual thinks gold is useless, pro says gold is the most useful it has ever been in any of the diablers
- casual thinks that the game is mind-numbingly easy and doesn't want to play for 30 hours until "it gets good", pro elaborates on how even on normal D2 still had big difficulty spikes that made it more interesting and memorable
- casual notices how there is a "recommended level" for quests but it is always your level, pro finds it halaris
- casual hates the absence of load-outs, pro agrees that the re-speccing in D4 is way too cumbersome and impractical
- casual hates the season mechanic and doesn't want to lose progress, pro loves seasons but agrees that they make no sense in D4 because it lacks an economy
- casual hates the always online limitation, pro would find it more tolerable if there were actual social features in the game present

- new Season content is fairly out of the way
- new "Malignant Hearts" are essentially a gem for your gear and only enhance builds, don't enable new builds
- Mathil had a 4 hour window where he saw no Malignant mobs
- it's not enough extra content to warrant a new playthrough

I have an IRL friend who got D4 and played it with a group of her friends during initial launch. She told me nobody on her friend list played D4 during the Season start.

The big PoE stream this week will have a lot of slack to pick up.

abija

Prophet
That actman guy took a list of complaints from forums/reddit and made a hate/bait video. Half his arguments are absolutely inane. Then he made a video with cherry picked yt comments from his bait.
These other fucktards are so desperate for content they react to him (llama, quin, etc). Neverending loop of youtube quality content.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
That actman guy took a list of complaints from forums/reddit and made a hate/bait video. Half his arguments are absolutely inane. Then he made a video with cherry picked yt comments from his bait.
These other fucktards are so desperate for content they react to him (llama, quin, etc). Neverending loop of youtube quality content.
Llama has more than enough content for his youtube without D4 and without doing the react content cycle the way Quin does. He did this one because he was genuinely interested in the POV of a casual who quit after playing through the campaign at level 48 (which my IRL friend and her group also did BTW and I would bet a very large portion of the playerbase also did).

No idea about the validity of your allegations towards the Act Man, but it doesn't really matter if he "stole" the talking points or they merely overlap naturally. What matters are the points themselves and that they do matter for the casual majority (for whom this game is supposed to be).

abija

Prophet
- casual notices how there is a "recommended level" for quests but it is always your level, pro finds it halaris
This is a perfect example for the actual crap he pulled. The quests show zone monster level. The minimum levels scale up to 45. He took the picture at 48. And is deliberately used to inform you of the various areas of the map and their intended lvl.
2KbLHvN.png

He even rambles on about how everything is the same in the open world, how there's no gatekeeping. Just south of an area you get to at under lvl 10 there's a min lvl 35 zone to get splattered in.

Llama has more than enough content for his youtube without D4 and without doing the react content cycle the way Quin does. He did this one because he was genuinely interested in the POV of a casual who quit after playing through the campaign at level 48 (which my IRL friend and her group also did BTW and I would bet a very large portion of the playerbase also did).

Bullshit. That guy is obviousy doing it just for show and has a lot of subscribers. Llama could get some real casual takes from his audience or diversity streamers from twitch if he was interested in that.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
That actman guy

He should stick to talking about Halo and other console shooters, because he has no fucking clue about anything else. He literally argued in his stupid video that Oblivion/Skyrim had better type of level scaling than D4 because "in those games, scaling would only make new type of enemies appear". No dummy, that's only how scaling worked in Morrowind.

Does have good D2 content, but I wish he would wipe that stupid smirk off his face. Has it on constantly.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I found this video pretty good, because you get 2 different perspectives in 1 video. One from a hardcore D2 gamer and one from a casual WoW-fag. It was pretty interesting to see where these two coalesce and where they diverge in opinion.

Half the thread warned people the game would be bad. We told you.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nothing in the game matters until you gain access to sacred gear, helltides, and NM dungeons

Having fun matters in all tiers, and T2 is simply more fun than T1.
I have to disagree. I said it before and I'll say it one more time - the only point of WT2 is to slow down your progression. I guess it exists for people who want to feel more challenged but most of those people don't understand that they are holding themselves back from the actual meat of the game. I wasted way too much time in WT2 with my sorc and I totally regret it. If I started her on WT1 from the get-go I probably would have been able to get her to level 80 or 90 before they nerfed her to hell. Now she's just stuck at 73 and I ain't fuckin wit her again.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ya know it's funny, with my lvl 38 Rogue I already feel more powerful than I ever did with my Sorc. I can frequently melt elites in a couple seconds with the Rogue. That was rarely possible with my Sorc unless I was using my ultimate attack in combination with all her other skills.

Edit

Sweet made it to 40. Capstone time.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ah fuck me, I didn't realize the capstone dungeon was gonna be scaled 10 levels higher than me. I'll give it a shot but I know this wont end well.

Edit

I killed the first mob and elite and then got to the 2nd elite who was a teleporter. He wrecked me twice and I noped out. Not gonna keep wasting gold on repairing my equipment. Back to the regular grind :(

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom