Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There's a good foundation here and the action feels good

diablo games always had a high production standard and good design

even d3 and d4

but they just arent good games. the tragedy is that PoE is the exact opposite. Good game with poor design and meh production standard

Hopefully PoE 2 might improve on that.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Clear sign that Diablo is no longer a blizzard game, but an Activision game.

More paid expansions. Now in game transactions. More $$$.
Can't blame them, it's where the game industry is generally going.

:negative:

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Not gonna happen as long as they're responding to feedback in the worst possible way; which is particularly bad when everything is subject to change. There's no vision.
Generally AAA games are shit because of corporate greed (Diablo 3) but with Blizzard I feel it's pretty obvious nowadays they're completely drained of all talent. The only things they can put out are rehashes of their previous work.

Zlaja

Arcane
Clear sign that Diablo is no longer a blizzard game, but an Activision game.

More paid expansions. Now in game transactions. More $$$.
Can't blame them, it's where the game industry is generally going.

:negative:

While I can't stand micro-transactions, I would't mind paying for a few expansions, as long as those expansions offer enough new content in the form of new areas and new classes to choose from. I'd rather spend money on that than some overpriced shitty skins.

Unfortunately, the chance for those expansions being price worthy in terms of "enough content for the asking price" is very slim.

ADL

Prophet
More paid expansions would be a good thing if I actually wanted more of Diablo 4. Right now I definitely don't but it's a shame D1/D2 only got one.

They should pull a Titan Quest and make expansions for D2R instead.

Perkel

Arcane
More paid expansions would be a good thing if I actually wanted more of Diablo 4. Right now I definitely don't but it's a shame D1/D2 only got one.

They should pull a Titan Quest and make expansions for D2R instead.

They won't be expansions. They will be DLC.

Expansion used to mean chunky content. Like case of D2 where game went from 5 classes to 7 and from 4 acts to 5.
D4 expansions probably will be just small additions.

Perkel

Arcane
Just to confirm the game really did fry my GPU. Fortunately it had warranty and they replaced it but damn, it seems they fucked up badly. Never happened to me before.

No game or program can fry gpu. Your gpu was at fault.

Usually what tends to happen is that most of games don't actually utilize most of gpu. Game is either rop bound, memory bandwidth bound, shader bound and other conditions which make gpu run at 100% but not really.
If game comes that actually is well balanced engine wise in all aspects then you get true 100% utilization and this is where faulty gpu can "fry itself" as its fault was hidden by simply gpu not being used in full.

Kind of how CPUs 100% in your game has nothing on AVX512 100%

Either way your gpu bios should have seen temps getting too hot and switch off gpu first if it was poorly cooled. If temps were ok for it then some other part of gpu failed that would fail either way.

Last edited:
All I know is that that's the only game I played on that laptop, and it was a brand new one. And D4 started crushing more and more often and finally no 3d worked, not even Atom. I did get to finish the story on another PC desktop but I was fortunate this didn't happen on my personal laptop. I do think there was something wrong with D4 when this happened sice I read other people with RTX had similar problems.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's time I return. Took a lengthy hiatus because of emotional turmoil but I'm getting better and a guy I work with, who initially didn't care for the game while I was playing the shit out of it, got really into the game and has surpassed me. I can't allow that.

Shaki

Arbiter
I got an urge to play some mindless hack'n'slash, thought about trying Diablo 4. Opened some review on youtube, saw class selection screen with nigger sorcerer, went to reinstall Grim Dawn instead.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I got an urge to play some mindless hack'n'slash, thought about trying Diablo 4. Opened some review on youtube, saw class selection screen with nigger sorcerer, went to reinstall Grim Dawn instead.
The character select screen is completely randomized. I've had all white characters appear on it before.

Shaki

Arbiter
The character select screen is completely randomized. I've had all white characters appear on it before.
Good to know, maybe I'll try it after all, once I get bored of Grim Dawn again

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Is "expansion" the same thing as "season"? Meaning, do I have to create a new character to play all of the new stuff, in which case I will never play it?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally got around to completing the Malignant questline. Pretty underwhelming, especially compared the game's main questline which is mostly great. This just felt rushed and half-assed. The hearts are just more shit you gotta sort through in your stash, ie, work. The final boss was a joke (I don't even remember his name and I just beat him yesterday). Season of Blood better be a big upgrade or I'll be putting this thing down for a year so they can get shit sorted out.

The game is far from dead though. The combat is top notch and if or when they get the multiple damage systems balanced and a proper endgame built this game can become a real beast. Call me fabulously optimistic but the solid foundation is already there. I just don't see this game failing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom