Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
another is to distance you from how much money you are actually spending
$1=100 coins, so when you see a 2800 cosmetic you know it's 28 bucks. It's as clear as it possibly could be.

Some of this may be different in different regions and even if it stayed at that exchange rate, never underestimate the massive stupidity of people.

third is so they control the exchange value

This should be pretty clear, but basically, is it even possible to only buy the amount of coins you need for X cosmetic? If not, then you're always left with bits and bobs of coins you paid for that can't be used for anything without buying more coins. Which is bullshit and anti-consumer, but somehow manages to be a legal accepted practice.

abija

Prophet
Standard prices are multiple of minimum ammount you can transfer. But "discounted" prices don't follow that rule. And it seems they do it deliberately. 100 coins is minimum buy. 1000 coins item -> 50% reduction -> 490 coins. Better buy 10 more discounted items to not have leftovers!

Doctor Gong

Literate
Every few years a otherwise good RPG or Action RPG falls in love with the idea of forever scaling enemies to the players power level. Not realizing that one of the great joys of RPGs and RPG like games is going back to a lower level area and curb stomping the guys that where so hard before. I grew bored with it very quickly and still never left act one.

EruDaan

Arcane
Every few years a otherwise good RPG or Action RPG falls in love with the idea of forever scaling enemies to the players power level. Not realizing that one of the great joys of RPGs and RPG like games is going back to a lower level area and curb stomping the guys that where so hard before. I grew bored with it very quickly and still never left act one.

That's what Grim Dawn is doing since the last update. No matter the difficulty enemies are on the same +/- 1level as you.

abija

Prophet
They already pulled a D3. Nerfed the game with major power creep on top, way faster leveling, more loot drops and the masses are LOVING IT.
Also people like krip mentioned how great this season is (https://youtu.be/GZ4Ph7G7aQo) out of the goodness of their heart.

You say they're desperate meanwhile probably racking in big time and expansion will be a big time hit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

That's what Grim Dawn is doing since the last update. No matter the difficulty enemies are on the same +/- 1level as you.
Regardless of level scaling, Grim Dawn has challenge content that doesn't revolve around the level of the enemies. On top of that, there are items (especially monster infrequents) which are relevant throughout the game, so it makes sense to level scale. Besides, it's simply not the type of game where "going back to curb stomp low level enemies" makes sense.

abija

Prophet
There's a wierd explanation from Crispy somewhere in this thread feel free to look for it.

Zlaja

Arcane
Nerfed the game with major power creep on top, way faster leveling, more loot drops and the masses are LOVING IT

Yeah, fuck those retarded mongrels. All the endless whining about leveling, any nerf to any busted/broken mechanic, and that whole incessant "I refuse to level renown ever again" whining which has resulted in you starting the game with LOADS of available skill points from the get go, which makes the early game an absolute fucking joke.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
40% discount already.

Steam was pushing this on my face and I looked at the price.

70 FUCKING EUROS?

What the actual fuck?

Edit: oh, ultimate edition is 99,99€

yEixtIw.png

And the so called "Ultimate Edition" doesn't even get all of the DLC.

:hmmm:

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Blizzard possibly offering the option to pay for additional inventory stash tabs either in the store or via pre-order bonus for the next D4 expansion.

Don't you want to support this suffering indie developer? /sarc

Just started the solo campaign as an arc lash sorcerer.

I've been following the development of this game FOR YEARS.

Seriously pissed off by the art direction of Diablo III, so much so, that the pre-release footage of D4 looked incredible by comparison.

Now that I've sunk about 10 hours into it, for some fucked up reason the game feels VERY unfinished.

This is a Blizzard game, one of the biggest and oldest(?) gaming companies in PC gaming.

D4's campaign should be incredibly polished, but there's huge, totally empty areas without mobs (they do look good) and there's random shit with pointless text boxes all over the place.

The voice acting is absolutely atrocious, the whole persian thing is incredibly annoying, and the soundtrack is BARELY passable.. Nowhere near the quality of Diablo II.

I've entered the first dungeon that I would claim looks cool enough to fit in any "horror" game, but again, there's unfinished elements.

I wish Blizzard would have really dialed up the horror in this one... No, not by making it a bullshit survival game with scarce resources, I mean by building an atmopsphere of dread which it fails to do thus far.

abija

Prophet
I think you missed the direction change starting with D2. Horror lol...
At least they tried to slow down the game but didn't have cojones even for 2 patches. It's going fullspeed towards zoom zoom land.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom