Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
Still waiting for this to come to gamepass so I can play it for "free".. unless I get into PoE2 sooner, then I doubt I will bother.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
I don't think the word "free" and Blizzard can go toghether.

I can totally see it released free on gamepass 1 season before expansion.
Also, not like bethesda went along "free", but when the master dictates...

Last edited:
I think you missed the direction change starting with D2. Horror lol...
At least they tried to slow down the game but didn't have cojones even for 2 patches. It's going fullspeed towards zoom zoom land.

Yeah, I realize that.

But even D2 so far seems darker in tone than D4.

Both are dark fantasy and not horror though, but I think it would be fairly simple to create a Diablo horror game at this point, using the exact same assets featured in D4.

Seriously should have waited for the expansion, which is what I planned to do, but got suckered by a free trial with a level 20 cap.

Looking back at my playthrough of Diablo Immortal and Diablo II: LOD (I didn't play D1 or D3), Immortal had a pretty polished campaign upon release, but the endgame was terrible.

D2: LOD was actually a great game all the way through, and I played it almost 20 years ago.

Since LOD was my first game in the franchise, I always thought it was weird that hell wasn't the last act (only in the base game), but the varied environments is what made the game awesome IMO.

In the first two zones of D4, again, the maps themselves look really good, so good, that they seem out of place in comparison to the generic mobs you encounter in them.

I have no idea about how Blizzard delegated and assigned people to work on various parts of the game, all I followed was pre-release footage.

It's as if they spent most of the budget on the way the maps look, since other parts of the campaign is lacking and missing a lot of stuff.

Grim Dawn was the exact opposite: it was so completely oversaturated with everything that the base game was nothing but a confusing mess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Grim Dawn is super intuitive and is not a confusing mess at all. Maybe the devotion tree, maybe.

Nathir

Liturgist
Nerfed the game with major power creep on top, way faster leveling, more loot drops and the masses are LOVING IT

Yeah, fuck those retarded mongrels. All the endless whining about leveling, any nerf to any busted/broken mechanic, and that whole incessant "I refuse to level renown ever again" whining which has resulted in you starting the game with LOADS of available skill points from the get go, which makes the early game an absolute fucking joke.

And whose fault is that? It's Blizzards fault, nobody elses. It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it. If the developer doesn't have a vision for it's own game and instead listens to redditors on what to change, of course it's going to suck. I mean, we're talking about devs that put stats like "item power" into their game and affixes like "+36% damage while standing still". Omfg, what a joke of a company.

abija

Prophet
What exactly is wrong with "Deal [5.0-10]%[x] increased damage for each second you stand still, up to 30%[x] " ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
What exactly is wrong with "Deal [5.0-10]%[x] increased damage for each second you stand still, up to 30%[x] " ?
You don't want to stand still in a hack and slasher even when your main skill is a channeled ability.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You don't want to stand still in a hack and slasher even when your main skill is a channeled ability.
Might want to explain that one.
Unless your build is specifically designed to face tank hordes of enemies and bosses, there's 0 reason to stay in one place and get trampled. Your objective is to avoid as much damage as possible and that's done through positioning and moving around. The vaaaaast majority of builds don't gain anything by staying in one place and even those which can get away with it have a weak incentive to do so. In the case of channeled abilities, where you'd think getting more damage while standing still will be the most beneficial, these builds rarely rely on this single ability to do all the damage either way, so you'll benefit more from other stats. Tbh, even having this kind of stat in your game tells me you don't know how hack and slashers are played.

abija

Prophet
Majority of skills in these games actually lock you in place while they fire at least part of the animation. "Always moving" only happens with few skills or during degenerate farm gameplay.

On top of channeling, long cast time skills, tanky builds, it also rewards players with enough skill to position so that they take advantage of the bonus. It's a bonus if you can adjust the playstyle not just some dumb number increase.

Tbh, even having this kind of stat in your game tells me you don't know how hack and slashers are played.
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Stationary

abija

Prophet
I wouldn't mind if they fuck it up so bad they need to stop after first expansion and start working on D5.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Blizzard made fake Steam accounts to change review rating from "mixed" to positive.

Example:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom