Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Zlaja

Arcane
Legendary items are not unique though

And that was part of the problem, IMO, considering that was almost everything you had to hunt for. Nothing wrong with them being customizable in itself (that was fun, actually), but only if you couple that with a fair amount of more rare and unique loot, on top of that.

And the uniques are hardly any different from the one in D2

There were far FAR less of them on release. Just a few, really, and they were only attainable later on in Tier 3-4 difficulty. Not sure how it is today.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Still even with some bad designs it's miles better than the level scaling, cooldown driven trash that is D4
D4 isn't even cooldown driven, wtf are you talking about.
And that was part of the problem, IMO, considering that was almost everything you had to hunt for. Nothing wrong with them being customizable in itself (that was fun, actually), but only if you couple that with a fair amount of more rare and unique loot, on top of that.
I don't get it. Are you complaining that not enough items are dropping in D4?
There were far FAR less of them on release. Just a few, really, and they were only attainable later on in Tier 3-4 difficulty.
And that's bad? I mean we can critique tiny minutae of game design here like 'uniques are not dropping early/frequently enough' but that's also extremely irrelevant. It isn't even true. Going from lvl 1 to 50 in WT2 will net you about 5-10 uniques.

abija

Prophet
the gameplay has barely iterated on D3 I mean it's just D3 with a new coat of paint (nice paint admittedly)

You mean they jumped off a cliff and now are crawling back towards D3... they didn't iterate jack shit. Iterating on top of D3 would have been a huge improvement.

Ryzer

Arcane
The problem is that the early game is boring as fuck in 99% of hack and slash games.

D2 campaign is actually great. Especially if you play Hardcore and need to take it slower, walk instead of run, etc. You suddenly began noticing a bunch of stuff, intricate details in the story and environments, etc.
I don't like Diablo 2, it is steep decline over everything Diablo 1 settled upon, including story and environments. Diablo 1 manages to look better than Diablo 2 released years later. Diablo 1 just feels more tense, more visceral, more brutal and overall better than Diablo 2.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Why the fuck would you actually argue with someone who thinks D4 has a good campaign

You might as well argue with a box of cereal
D4 has the best story of all ARPGs ever released (not that this is a high bar; not a forte of that genre or computer games in general) but you are just a shitstain that should be banned.

I have reported you for being a moronic idiot, which is sadly tolerated here. Nonetheless the administration allowing irradiated ghouls like you to roam free here is exactly why this place is going to shit, so we need to begin somewhere.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
D4 has the best story of all ARPGs ever released
It's moronic woke trash. What's good about it? It's barely even a story.

Diablo 4 is the best-looking Diablo-clone ever released. The gameplay is ok. The story is trash. Overall, lots of wasted potential.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Where is the story woke? I have not seen or heard a single woke thing during the entire campaign. Even D3's campaign was more woke than this. Do you even understand what the word means?

D4 is the best look ARPG, with the best game play (especially on the technical side) and the best story on the market.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Where is the story woke?
Darkskin wombynz self-insert character steals all of the spotlight for no good reason.

Useless old white men.

The angel is secretly evil and dumb for no reason and gets viciously murdered by girlboss Lilith. Other angels are completely absent for no reason.

The church is evil, cruel and fanatical, pagans are good and oppressed leprechauns. Only good Christian Inarian is an exorcist wombynz who breaks all the rules because of how compassionate she is. Then gets possessed by a demon, lul.

All customization options for the protagonist only serve to make xir look like a tranny. I had to set everything to default to have a decent-looking Rogue.

Basically, it's a game that is almost certainly made by and for practicing wiccans, satanists, neo-pagans, etc.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Where is the story woke?
Darkskin wombynz self-insert character steals all of the spotlight for no good reason.
Where and when? There's a whiny nigger in the intro video and that's it. And its not even a quota nigger considering the lore. Or are you talking about your character, because you like to play ebony rogues?
The angel is secretly evil and dumb for no reason
He isn't. You just don't understand the story.

Other angels are completely absent for no reason.
There is a big reason for that but again that would require you to understand the story.

All customization options for the protagonist only serve to make xir look like a tranny.
Then use a costume that doesn't make your ebony rogue girlboss look like a tranny. But that's apparently what you want.

I had to set everything to default to have a decent-looking Rogue.
Called it. Dude. I understand you get off on hot ebony poon in your computer games. It's fine. I don't judge. But that makes you the only thing woke here.

Basically, it's a game that is almost certainly made by and for practicing wiccans, satanists, neo-pagans, etc.
Possibly. Just like Doom. Doom is therefore gigawoke.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Not reading your asshurt, you're an idiot. A leftist idiot, so no surprise you're defending woke shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Where is the story woke?
Where and when? There's a whiny nigger in the intro video and that's it. And its not even a quota nigger considering the lore. Or are you talking about your character, because you like to play ebony rogues?
The angel is secretly evil and dumb for no reason
He isn't. You just don't understand the story.

Other angels are completely absent for no reason.
There is a big reason for that but again that would require you to understand the story.

All customization options for the protagonist only serve to make xir look like a tranny.
Then use a costume that doesn't make your ebony rogue girlboss look like a tranny. But that's apparently what you want.

I had to set everything to default to have a decent-looking Rogue.
Called it. Dude. I understand you get off on hot ebony poon in your computer games. It's fine. I don't judge. But that makes you the only thing woke here.

Possibly. Just like Doom. Doom is therefore gigawoke.
He probably means that high priest of Inarious chick.

Inarious is shown as dumb insecure child that gets killed after he won because of "daddy issues", you can see the writers are leftards with little writing skill.

Other angels absent is probably connected with that game that shall not be named for how terrible it is

He is right that the game was extremely anti-religion, even pushing Lilith as a true good faction in first half of the game. I would not be surprised at all if it was actually writen by wiccans or satanists instead of standard leftards

abija

Prophet
D4 has the best story of all ARPGs ever released (not that this is a high bar; not a forte of that genre or computer games in general) but you are just a shitstain that should be banned.
It's probably the worst because it interferes the most with gameplay. It also features "press F to continue" sequences.
It wins for multiple playthroughs just because you can skip it.

Peachcurl

Arcane
D4 is lightyears better than D3. Anyone saying otherwise is just being a turd.
cripplefight.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom