Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Necrensha

Educated
Imagine arguing which dead rat looks the prettiest.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's probably the worst because it interferes the most with gameplay.
What?!

Why is summary execution by firing squad not allowed on the internet?

D4 is lightyears better than D3

Not exactly a Herculean feat
It is 2 lightyears better than D2 and that still ain't a Herculean feat.

Imagine arguing which dead rat looks the prettiest.
You make a fair point. Can't say that I disagree. But I am a simple man. I don't have high demands. I like my demons butchered and my inventory full. At 60 FPS. Something that D2 cannot even deliver. Because that ruinous piece of garbage is capped at 24 FPS.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Rats aren't pretty..... but they can be pretty dead.
IMG_3927.gif

abija

Prophet
What?!

Why is summary execution by firing squad not allowed on the internet?

What what?
Instead of being able to play the game during campaign (you know, killing mobs and looting stuff) you get WoW patented design like: wait a bit til that npc finishes talking, click on highlighted item1, then click on highlighted item 2, then wait for npc a bit more, then follow the npc, then ...

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's not even across the board. The skills are decline for sure, both in how fun they are to use and build complexity.
Nonsense, the skills are way better than in D2. This time hey don't cheaply pad the game by allowing you to allocate 20 points into loads of useless skills and mostly all of them are useful, have a good feel and more variability. Of course it is not on the level of PoE but still lightyears above and beyond D2.

Modron

Arcane
Blizzard stopped depending on fans and mostly on whales (primairly saudis) to deliver the profits years ago, even the phone game made them a nice chunk didn't it?

abija

Prophet
Blizzard stopped depending on fans and mostly on whales (primairly saudis) to deliver the profits years ago, even the phone game made them a nice chunk didn't it?
Dude, the article mentions most of it is in sales. Demo was well recieved and then they did serious marketing and sold the shit out of it.

ferratilis

Magister
Skins in this game are like designer clothes, poor people buy them to feel better about themselves and shit on other poors, while the Jews who designed them rake in all the cash. That's why SDG and the like are the backbone of Blizzard's customer base.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Gargaune

Arcane
For something that has been viewed as a bit of a failure by most fans, DIV has still raked in over a $1billion since release:

https://www.vg247.com/diablo-4-one-billion-microtransactions-revenue-breakdown
There's a silver lining here. I'm not interested in D4 myself (online service, hard pass), but it's game with a decidedly grimdark art direction raking in the megabucks. Maybe publishers will finally get that your big AAA tentpoles don't all have to look like an Overwatch petting zoo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom