Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Dunno why they keep shitting on the off-line community other than $$$$$. Still, you'd think they could net profits from offline players. Fucking WOW mentality.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't drag me into this. I haven't played the game in like a year.
Sure but did you buy any more cosmetics for your trans sorce?
She's not a trans. I own her and therefore I choose what she identifies as.
Only thing you might own is a cat and even that feline does not do what you want.
Wait a cat? I thought he had three?
Yes.

Fucker can barely keep himself alive. What did you expect?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Only thing you might own is a cat and even that feline does not do what you want.
Yes.

Rent. Free.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes.

Rent. Free.
Lmao as though anyone expects cats to pay rent.

Darboven

Novice
Yes.

Rent. Free.
Lmao as though anyone expects cats to pay rent.
you need to pay tribute to cats so they deign to live with you

Yoomazir

Educated
Got this game on sale a couple days ago, I really don't understand what they're trying to do with the classes, there isn't a lot of synergies between skills and abilities.
These first hours almost makes me miss D3...

Perkel

Arcane
few weeks until expansion launches. Get sufficiently HYPED boyos.

DIS GON B GUD

It won't.

Game is just hodgepodge of different designs that barely work as an ARPG. Throwing more into this hodgepodge won't make it better. It needs foundational rework

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
few weeks until expansion launches. Get sufficiently HYPED boyos.

DIS GON B GUD

It won't.

Game is just hodgepodge of different designs that barely work as an ARPG. Throwing more into this hodgepodge won't make it better. It needs foundational rework
I mean, the gameplay feels still the best bar D2, in the genre tho, i dont really care about poe or poe2 and shit, d4 feels great to play, even if the story is so-so and the endgame is missing
I care about combat feel, visual and audio feedback and artstyle. D4 has that in spades

Yosharian

Arcane
How can you say that it feels great to play, it's literally an MMO wearing a Diablo skin suit

Some of the quests that I played were borderline insulting in how fucking dumb they were

N'wah

Novice
Everything they've done since release (including the upcoming expansion) is putting lipstick on a pig. The game at its core just isn't fun, and to make it so they'd have to make an entirely new game. New classes won't fix the issue that you've pretty much seen most of what the game has to offer when you reach level 50, which takes a few hours at most. Sure, every arpg suffers from that to an extent but it's insane how quickly you reach that point in Diablo 4.

The game looks great for an arpg but that's about it. It's grimdark but it has no atmosphere whatsoever. D2 Necro's revive (Raise Spectre in PoE) is one of my favorite abilities - if it was in Diablo 4 can anyone remember a single enemy that would be interesting to revive? Only thing I can think of were those bone ballista's that would one shot you offscreen in the game's early days.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Everything they've done since release (including the upcoming expansion) is putting lipstick on a pig. The game at its core just isn't fun, and to make it so they'd have to make an entirely new game. New classes won't fix the issue that you've pretty much seen most of what the game has to offer when you reach level 50, which takes a few hours at most. Sure, every arpg suffers from that to an extent but it's insane how quickly you reach that point in Diablo 4.

The game looks great for an arpg but that's about it. It's grimdark but it has no atmosphere whatsoever. D2 Necro's revive (Raise Spectre in PoE) is one of my favorite abilities - if it was in Diablo 4 can anyone remember a single enemy that would be interesting to revive? Only thing I can think of were those bone ballista's that would one shot you offscreen in the game's early days.
If you try to play it as open world rpg and do quests and shit while also killing stuff it is fun for one playthrough (this is how I played Sacred 2). At least it was for me, but I am not a MMORPG player and its quests have been described as MMOish so probably something MMORPG players have seen 1000 times before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom