Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Angel Power/Demon Power" sounds really gay, btw.
It's ridiculous how many times I think of anime with recent attempts in this sphere of entertainment. Maybe the Japanese have gone through this cycle already and the ultimate form is anime. Woe is us.

Sykar

Arcane
It's ridiculous how many times I think of anime with recent attempts in this sphere of entertainment. Maybe the Japanese have gone through this cycle already and the ultimate form is anime. Woe is us.

maxresdefault.jpg

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Yeah but it makes sense from a lore perspective, what with player characters being the spawn of both (nephilim).
Also I was expecting this thread to have more discussion on the actual blog post and less wankery about how good/bad the other Diablo games are, but oh well.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Diablo 1/2 -> good loot, good characters, good artstyle, good athmosphere, good character building, good itemization, good action, good loot(...)
Diablo 3 vanilla -> ""Good"" action
Diablo 3 RoS -> ""Good"" action + good loot.
Diablo 4 -> ???

PS : good action in quotes because i don't find managing artificial timers(cooldowns) fun or engaging. GW1 which people recommended here, i become bored after hitting lv 6. Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls has a infinite better action exactly because i can focus on the action, not on artificial timers.

jackofshadows

Magister
Who cares about D3's lore? Diablo with tits was hilarious though.
PS : good action in quotes because i don't find managing artificial timers(cooldowns) fun or engaging. GW1 which people recommended here, i become bored after hitting lv 6. Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls has a infinite better action exactly because i can focus on the action, not on artificial timers.
Very few builds actually rely on cooldowns. Usually it's resource management or nothing at all, just pure action. TBF, except for most support builds, they're about cooldowns but gameplay on them quite different in general.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Very few builds actually rely on cooldowns. Usually it's resource management or nothing at all, just pure action. TBF, except for most support builds, they're about cooldowns but gameplay on them quite different in general.

All builds that i saw on GR videos uses a ult and do everything to shorten the cooldown of ults.

As for "who cares about diablo lore", i care. Lore and story are different things. Diablo 1/2 mechanics, artstyle and lore are relative in line(not completely in line) but D3 is a shitstorm. Seriously. "hur dur you are the nephalem godlike master. key in ending the war between demons and angels but if you are a monk needs a sharp axe to punch, if you are a necro, can't reanimate enemies for 16 seconds, now lets play the Rainbow level!!!"

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Wow, the homofaggot on the left has a valley girl vocal fry, best heard at 3:35 and following.
Ded gayme.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gameplay wise, D4 was WoW dark, not the defunct Blizzard North dark with lots of body horror, photorealistic approach and most importantly, a heavy emphasis on christianity ethos

Cinematic trailer was good, gameplay didn't look good.

Well, I think that the cinematic trailer was not THAT good.
It was mellow at best

A short analysis:

upload_2020-8-7_14-55-26.png

a cross. promising but it's too alien that it ca be also a mushroom. bleah

"they have our scent"
yeah..scent... take a bath and move downwind fuckers!

upload_2020-8-7_15-11-40.png

under a church, you have cubic kilometers of a cavern where you can hide all sort of wild shit. convenient and dumb

upload_2020-8-7_15-13-4.png

yes.. the character with the fuckin scottish accent or whatever.
this begins to be more tropey than explosive barrels in games

upload_2020-8-7_15-14-20.png

so the black dude has a belly wound, all that hydrochloric acid burning his insides and he recites some mantra in his delirium, and this smart cookie wants to embolden him by saying... watch this,

"All the gold we want is right there"
wow... it didn't strike me that the black dude is of the materialistic type

"I came here for knowledge!!"

"I know"
You knew??
Why the fuck wasting time then when monsters run towards you?
Kindergarten level writing

upload_2020-8-7_15-24-46.png

monster design ripped straight from Diablo 3.
most boring shit ever.
Look! a human ear! once it was a human.
The... horror...

upload_2020-8-7_15-27-3.png

I got to admit, I liked this character.
If it's a man or a woman, the jury is still debating.

upload_2020-8-7_15-28-16.png

so you impale your hand there, gallons of blood pour and are sucked by the contraption and the door opens. Warcraft vibes.
too bad there are no people left to enter because they all are dizzy from that massive blood loss.
Isn't it?

upload_2020-8-7_15-31-19.png
upload_2020-8-7_15-33-41.png

cutting a chain with an axe from one strike.
the chain that holds the weight of a massive door slab but flimsy enough when the plot needs to move forward in a dramatic treacherous way! wow... what a twist!

upload_2020-8-7_15-34-23.png

too close for comfort? The whispering in his year is like Biden sniffing a young girl:

"It's a shame he didn't make it"

upload_2020-8-7_15-35-52.png

"Oh well... cheer up!
Gold's split three ways instead of four..."

This is the most atrocious moment from the whole trailer... the dumb lazy humor in what wants to be a grim, horrific cinematic experience.
This is the moment where the popcorn munching chavs had a kick and a good time.

HA.. ha ha. The wits!

upload_2020-8-7_15-41-27.png

"Read this!"

For no reason whatsoever, he throws the injured dude to do his bidding.
Because smashing someone's head on stone is a sure way towards compliance and not a journey to a comatose state of the subject.

upload_2020-8-7_15-44-25.png

remember, all this shit is under a church
In the opinion of these devs, bigger is always better.
And this should say enough.

What comes after in the trailer is a trip to the D3 established imbecilic lore... "daughter of hatered" that once shagged an angel!, "creator of Sanctuary" because she wanted to fuck and love (not hate?) in peace undisturbed by the baddies of H&H.

"Inarius and Lilith joined forces and even came to fall in love; each pledged themself to the other and vowed to escape the Eternal Conflict. Eventually, like-minded followers gathered in support."
"Eventually, Lilith and Inarius mated, and created offspring. They were the first, but not the last, and soon, an entire race had taken form - the nephalem"

How can anyone view this "demon" as horrific and a threat when is more chill than a druggy peace loving hippie from the 60s?
It's like when playing Diablo 1 and reading those knowledge books about Diablo, you learn that he likes to catch bugs in his spare time and arrange them in his insectarium and he really loves milk with chocolate flakes.

Reading the lore, you see the retards at blizzard projected all the humane minutia and mundane traits to mythological creatures - demons and angels, thus developing a soap opera like no mortal has ever seen.

And as a fun fact, if you want to know from which movie the falling petals effect at the end of the trailer was inspired from,
A Dark Song

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-7_15-9-55.png
    upload_2020-8-7_15-9-55.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 99
  • upload_2020-8-7_15-52-54.png
    upload_2020-8-7_15-52-54.png
    616.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
*retarded shit*

I only read half this retarded post and I already want to build a time machine so I can go back five minutes and warn myself not to read it. Give me my time back you cunt.

how about if a time machine gets handed to you, you warn yourself not to suck so much Bethesda cock, bethestard.
that would be more wise regarding choices in life.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
And as a fun fact, if you want to know from which movie the falling petals effect at the end of the trailer was inspired from,
Oh please, slowly falling debree needs no inspiration.

you might be right but in the context of the movie that also deals in the supernatural and demonology, it is not far fetched that the designers watched movies for inspiration.

it's not falling debris and the inspiration is needed on where/how to use it and in which context.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
I actually watched that crappy, low budget movie - and if you for second believe that the trailer makers were inspired by THAT, I dont know what to tell you...
Shit, Blizzards own Warcraft has petal rain.
Any kind of particle effect is nr 1 bling bling in all kinds of media.

this is laughable
ggdIUy8.jpeg

compared to this
yb34GwE.png

b6wjYlq.jpeg

Cat Dude

Savant
Why do I need to get hyped for this when I've already been burned out from playing chinese made Diablo clones on android?

Last edited:

Saerain

Augur
Patron
It's been a mystery to me since WoW's incomprehensible success where the hell that obscene amount of money's been going. You'd think it would've empowered them to scale everything up and be cutting-edge, push envelopes, take risks. Instead... designs got safer, graphics stayed mediocre, settings lost their personality, and the one new IP is fuckin' Overwatch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom