Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
:evilcodex:

Level 61 motherfuckers! First try... (once I remembered Elixers were a thing). More like the 8th attempt overall.
If anyone is wondering if armor does anything, the answer is yes.

He dropped Sky Hunter and Frostburn uniques, my build isn't really set up for Sky Hunter. Sadly no Windforce. I got Windforce once in Diablo 1. Once.

Aya Cash

Literate
but I only have one char in D4 so far. I'm itching to try a new class now and have been putting it off until the new season starts.
Same. Only two more days. Which class you choosing next? I'm going to pick Rogue I think. I see alot of people saying it's the funnest class to play as.

Aya Cash

Literate
:evilcodex:

Level 61 motherfuckers! First try... (once I remembered Elixers were a thing). More like the 8th attempt overall.
If anyone is wondering if armor does anything, the answer is yes.

He dropped Sky Hunter and Frostburn uniques, my build isn't really set up for Sky Hunter. Sadly no Windforce. I got Windforce once in Diablo 1. Once.

I cheated and had a lvl 70 something rush me through that capstone dungeon. Wasn't intentional, I was just partied with him and was following him around. I would have liked to have attempted it on my own.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I went the other way and played all of them.

59 sorc
47 rogue
50 barb
50 Necro
37 druid.

Mega balance patch dropping today. Expecting nerfs for rogue, Necro and druid. Going to decide on season character after the notes drop.

Zlaja

Arcane
but I only have one char in D4 so far. I'm itching to try a new class now and have been putting it off until the new season starts.
Same. Only two more days. Which class you choosing next? I'm going to pick Rogue I think. I see alot of people saying it's the funnest class to play as.

I think I'm going Lightning Sorc. Want something very different than my current Barb, for the sake of variety.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Sorcerer, Necromancer and Druid all look like fags/lolcows, so I'm not picking those (I don't think there's any way to customize a Sorcerer to make him not look like a tranny). Barbarian seems boring as a concept. Looks like I'm stuck with Rogue.

Aya Cash

Literate
Mega balance patch dropping today. Expecting nerfs for rogue, Necro and druid. Going to decide on season character after the notes drop.
Oh they best buff the pyro sorc. Right now she is not feeling viable in Torment at all.

Edit

I really really hope this guy is wrong lol...

Screenshot-20230718-120117-Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To fix the resistances they need to first create them. The system now is just a skin over the original first reveal they did two years ago where they just had attack power and defense. They got backlash for that and hastily "created" resistance stat and renamed defense to armour and in the process probably fucked some formulas or code so it's not an easy fix.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
I really really hope this guy is wrong lol..
Well he's wrong in the sense that Blizzard nerfs things, they didn't do that with D3 at all. Every patch was a buff for some skill or another that was "underused" until everything had like +800% damage, lol.

I'm not sure why people want old resistances back so badly, having a mandatory triple-diamond tower to avoid being one-shot by half the mobs is not my idea of fun.

The patch is really shitty and they basically just nerfed all of the useful stats across the board, without anything that exciting to compensate for it. The biggest pain is nerfing cooldown reduction because it was 'too desireable' or some shit. No, cool downs are just annoying and of course everyone's going to spec into a stat that lets them to use the abilities of their character more often.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
As if puncture needed to be even better.

• Pestilent Points (Offensive Aspect): Every third cast of Puncture is Poison Imbued with 100-150% of normal potency.

Ack. This is a nerf.

• Siphoning Strikes now also requires a Lucky Hit chance of 75%.

This also sucks but I guess crossbows were blowing bows away

• Vulnerable Damage: Reduced by ~40%.
  • Vulnerable Damage (Inherent on Crossbows): Reduced by ~65%.

Last edited:

Aya Cash

Literate
Finally found a decent ancestral staff that gave me significant boost in dps so atleast I don't feel like I'm shooting spitwads at wt4 enemies. Still got a long ways to go before this bitch is respectable in Torment.

Saravan

Savant

I’m fucking dying of laughter of how shit this is.

6 Unique Items​

General

Ahavarion Spear of Lycander (Uber Unique Staff – World Tier 4):
Gain a random Shrine effect for 10-20 seconds after killing an Elite enemy. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Barbarian
Azurewrath (Unique Sword): Lucky Hit - Your Core Skills have up to a 20% chance to Freeze enemies for 3 seconds and deal 0.75-1.5 Cold damage to them.

Druid

Flesh-render (Unique One-Hand Mace):
Debilitating Roar and Blood Howl deal 0.5-1.0 damage to Nearby Poisoned enemies.

Necromancer

Lidless Wall (Unique Shield):
Lucky Hit - While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an enemy outside of a Bone Storm has up to a 5-25% chance to spawn an additional Bone Storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by 25% and the total number of additional Bone Storms you can have by +1.

Rogue

Eaglehorn (Unique Bow):
Penetrating Shot has a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery. Hitting enemies from behind with Penetrating Shot will make them Vulnerable for 3 seconds.

Sorcerer

The Oculus (Unique Wand):
Gain the effect of the Teleport Enchantment for free. When you Evade using Teleport Enchantment, you are taken to a random location.

Aya Cash

Literate
Shitty update overall but I'm having a bit more fun. Lvling up feels noticeably quicker now since they increased the bonus xp for killing enemies scaled higher than you. I'm also finally finding alot of replacements for my old shit gear. I noticee there's a lot of lvl 60 gear dropping now which is strange. It's either lvl 60 or lvl 70 gear that drops, and the obols guy gives me a bunch of lvl 40 crap.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Man I heard that Blizzard massively shit the bed on this update. The guy right above me is the first positive response I've seen.

RPK

Scholar
Pretty sure he's wrong, they decreased bonus xp for higher level mobs.
Screenshot-20230718-165211-Chrome.jpg

And I definitely feel like I'm moving up quicker. Why tf would they decrease it? That would make zero sense.

Because every other change in the patch is meant to slow down progress. Presumably to keep people playing longer. If you're not playing, you can't be spending money in the store.

Aya Cash

Literate
I read it wrong. Those fucking pieces of shit.

Also is there some kind of glitch or something? Why am I getting so many lvl 60 drops now in wt4? It wasn't like that before. I was getting more lvl 70 drops.

Last edited:

Aya Cash

Literate
Seems like they might have lowered the drop rate of abberant cinders as well? Took me alot longer to collect enough for one of the shitty chests. Lol not even worth doing helltides in wt4 now, not at my current level. I mainly only do them for forgotten souls anyway.

Aya Cash

Literate
They literally made Helltides completely pointless lmao. I seen somebody say the lower cinder drop rate is a glitch but at this point I'm starting to believe Blizzard really is retarded and have no idea what they are doing. What they did with this latest patch may have killed the game.

AAad-UKAAEq2b-1.jpg

Lol

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom