Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

PapaPetro

Dykes
Gamepad
LOOOL, Blizzard is worse than I thought:

Felt like I dodged a bullet by skipped D4's release.
Had a flash on this one.

fRJuYJi.gif

That one picture where they showed off itemization in the very early stages of the news cycle was proof enough that they learned nothing from Diablo 3. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would have immediately jumped ship when seeing that.

It screamed D3.5 to me.
That's 0.5 less than what I was looking for.

His Dudeness

Augur
Gameplay has always been shit. What drew you in was the graphics, music, atmosphere and items. New diablo fails in this regard, making everything obvious and formulaic. Overall a forgettable experience, its predecesor at least did not take itself so seriously.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I can totally see why the game is a success with the likes of SDG though. They really are fishing for the lowest IQ, least self-controlled parts of the population.

Modron

Arcane
Look at you cockroaches skittering out from under the furniture now that SDG isn't here to defend his lady's honor.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

[A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [RT] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [X] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [LT] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A]

What a compelling RPG!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

[A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [RT] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [X] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [LT] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A] [A]

What a compelling RPG!

The [A] stands for Awesome.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
D4 s current situtation and OW2 hilarious Steam release are the last nails on Blizzorts coffin. Wonder if there will be any major changes to staff after M$ taking over.

abija

Prophet
There were major changes recently for sure. Look at how many people from D4 team worked on OW2 last year.

I don't get it what you mean by D4 situation. I'm sure management is perfectly happy and will try to replicate with the first expansion.

Two Blizzard dungeon designer developers playing a dungeon. Please watch to understand why the game turned out the way it did.

Also, that ratio with the downvotes.

This video seems like a setup to try and deflect criticism from the actual game. You send those two out there, people on the Internet are going to make fun of them, and Blizzard will just hope it can be spun into some bullshit toxic gamer narrative.

finally finished the story. I must say it's very good compared to D3. I really wish there was an option to choose in the end I wanted to go with Lilith instead . This is the best looking isometric game to date (except for Arcanum2 mockup), the voice acting is lackluster if not for the main characters. But overall I did enoy it.
Don't really care about the endgame since I will only play it rarely. There seem to be a lot more to do, didn't even tried the season 1 , but then again I'm only interested in more lore.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
I really wish there was an option to choose in the end I wanted to go with Lilith instead

You should've focused more on her actions rather than her words.

but then again I'm only interested in more lore

If you care about the lore than I would advise you to explore the world proper, because there's a decent amount of sidequests and people to talk to all over the map that expand on the lore. One of the better things about the game, but this genre's fans don't really care much about that, and all the focus (negative such) has shifted towards the game's lackluster endgame experience.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Season 2 to start on October 17th. Season of Blood
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23989476/season-of-blood-is-dripping-into-sanctuary

season of blood 1.jpg

season of blood 2.jpg

Look, there's no need to fix broken resistances, or some more QoL fixes that are sorely needed right now. Don't worry it's going to be a prime feature of our seasonal content two months away, so be sure to check back in S2 cause it'll be fixed! Until the next broken bug that shows up in S2... don't worry, wait 3 months as that fix will be advertised as a feature for S3.

ADL

Prophet
I'm not saying Blizzard should double-down on bad ideas but between the renown system and the way they've completely trivialized the open world they spent the majority of their resources developing, it seems to be a trend. Everything is up in the air and nothing is sacred.

What's the point in playing a game without a cohesive vision?

Hobknobling

Learned
I'm not saying Blizzard should double-down on bad ideas but between the renown system and the way they've completely trivialized the open world they spent the majority of their resources developing, it seems to be a trend. Everything is up in the air and nothing is sacred.

What's the point in playing a game without a cohesive vision?
It's not a game, it's a live service. Stop using terms that refer to any sort of artistic endeavor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom