Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
So which substance did you abuse to acquire your particular brand of brain damage, Gobblefriend?

I ate too many communion wafers at church one time. The overdose on godhead nearly killed me, but I survived... a changed man.

Deleted Member 16721

I'm not sure how to use the ammonia to mask the smell of the rotting corpse. What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to use the item.

Does the game have a set number of days after which it ends? Or can you fuck about as long as you want.

Don't know, can only play one day in the preview version. Previewers get the full version at the start of next week, so I'll report back when that happens.

So far, I'm fucking glued to my screen. The writing is fantastic, it just keeps you glued wanting more. Very polished stuff. I love the conversations with NPCs, they can go in so many directions it seems. The world is interesting, and the game reminds me quite a bit of Numenera, or PS:T. Lots of interaction with things, weird conversations, memorable characters (again, the writing is really fucking good) and so on. It's a game for me.
Can I present myself as a content creator because I create posts on internet forums of unusually high quality? I could even call myself an influencer. I've accrued 9 parrots on the Codex which is a clear indication that I've swayed at the absolute minimum 9 people to purchase Disco Elysium. Hell, just to show my journalistic integrity I'd buy the game myself, I just need early access to it for content creation and all.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From something posted in shoutbox. Was wondering if anyone who has actually played the game, or Kasparov can confirm or deny this.

1. Latro:
    the dialogue system just sounds like no matter the outcome things will happen in linear fashion
  2. Latro:
    like "u trip and make a fool of urself ^_^" but then it proceeds the same anyways

Thank you!

EDIT: Also this.

1. Excommunicator:
    it will be linear
  2. Excommunicator:
    extremely linear
  3. Excommunicator:
    when you have a story oriented game with a lot of messaging and subtext then you know theyll want to stick to a "right" way of playing the game with minimal divergence
Uhhhhhhhh, these guys are mistaken unless everyone talking about the game has been lying the entire time. There is stuff like solving the main case .. or not. There is opening up whole areas and quests based on certain skill reactions .. or not. I mean, maybe they were outright lying buuuuuuut

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I'm wondering myself what "content" some of these "creators" on these here forums make to warrant advanced copies.

Prime Junta

I'm not sure how to use the ammonia to mask the smell of the rotting corpse. What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to use the item.

It’s enough to have it in your inventory. It just doesn’t work very well. Not a bug, meant that way. Basically getting the ammonia just gives you a free reroll.

About the days and nonlinearity: game time advances when you do stuff, and background events happen with game time. Quests advance regardless of game time based on what you did, so nothing gets reset when you sleep, consequences certainly carry over.

There’s also a LOT more to do in the starter area than you can fit into a single day, so if you do a few playthroughs of the review demo you can make them all different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

The game is good. I had to force myself to stop playing to get some sleep. Junta, would you say the game has the best writing of any rpg you've ever seen?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Well, it makes sent to me why Prime Junta has a preview demo, because he actually wrote a preview for the game. He has a history it with it. Same if Tigranes had one.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I see Prime Junta still didn't figure out that his relentless obnoxious shilling is exactly what caused half of the Codex to have allergic reaction to any mention of this game and that it's exactly because of him that keyboards are warming up to nitpick every tiny flaw it will have.

:hype:

Prime Junta

Well, it makes sent to me why Prime Junta has a preview demo, because he actually wrote a preview for the game. He has a history it with it. Same if Tigranes had one.

I’ve also been peripherally involved with the development (pro bono, no shekels involved). I went there to give a workshop about how to get software done. Later I was a kind of agony aunt they could call when they had little (and sometimes not so little) bumps on the road. They told me it helped and kept doing it so maybe it did.

In any case this thing has been a genuine labour of love and passion for them and has been superhumanly hard. I never for a moment doubted them however, the fires of Prometheus burn that bright.

I’ll ask them how much of it they’re OK with me talking about and then maybe say something more about it here.

But in any case, that’s also why I can’t review it. I’m too invested.

Deleted Member 16721

It's got some stuff in common with Tides. Be honest. It is a bit better though, the detective angle is really unique and well developed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom