Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I see Prime Junta still didn't figure out that his relentless obnoxious shilling is exactly what caused half of the Codex to have allergic reaction to any mention of this game and that it's exactly because of him that keyboards are warming up to nitpick every tiny flaw it will have.

:hype:

Good that nobody else is hyping up games on the codex and we can rely on objective reporting all around

Prime Junta

Good that nobody else is hyping up games on the codex and we can rely on objective reporting all around

I have to state at this point that I have been very very disappointed in Infinitron viz Disco Elysium. Practically NO shilling at all until this final embarrassed scramble after they announced the release date.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I have to state at this point that I have been very very disappointed in Infinitron viz Disco Elysium. Practically NO shilling at all until this final embarrassed scramble after they announced the release date.

It's actually par for the course, he only shills mediocre games

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Everything I've read about the gameplay is unmistakably similar to what Numenera has done. Methodically and meticulously explore every level in a point&clicky manner, investigating every object and exploring conversations to see what skill checks you can pass. That's Numenera in a nutshell.

The main difference being that detective RPG might be a genuinely good fit for this sort of gameplay. Whereas Numenera's cardinal sin was that mechanics demanded a detective RPG but the plot was anything but. So you were doing all this stuff while wondering what the fuck is the point.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Disco has skillchecks, dice-rolls, deep choices and consequences systems, good story.

It's more RPG than most of the trash released today. On top of that, it looks like a decent adventure detective game.

And let's not forget about the award-winning artwork.

I'm in.

just

Liturgist
Disco has skillchecks, dice-rolls, deep choices and consequences systems, good story.

It's more RPG than most of the trash released today. On top of that, it looks like a decent adventure detective game.

And let's not forget about the award-winning artwork.

I'm in.
and 1(ONE) MILLION words

SausageInYourFace

Codexian Sausage
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
No gameplay game about clicking on wall-of-text dispensing hotspots. Somehow comparing this to the beloved Numanuma is supposed to be retarded, tho. Mkay, thanks for pointing out that misconception.

The Real Fanboy
They’re very confident about the quality of their game. Most developers are self-effacing, if charming, when interviewed about their work, serving a big ol’ helping of ‘they just made something they could be proud of’, with a side of ‘it’d be great if even one other person liked it’. During our conversation, Disco Elysium is described as “fucking awesome”, Metsniit says it’s “going to be great” and Kurvitz repeatedly avows that he loves it, he loves it more than anything he’s ever done. But, he points out, the caveat is that if he, the lead designer, didn’t love it at this point, they’d be pretty deep in the shit. It’s a little bit of the brashness and swagger that Disco Elysium has itself, and it’s hard to disagree with them, because so far all signs point to it being very good.

I’m way into how into their own game the team is, that’s one of my favourite things about rap too lol confidence is so cute! And that pregnant protagonist idea is so cool!

Last edited:

Prime Junta

No gameplay game about clicking on wall-of-text dispensing hotspots. Somehow comparing this to the beloved Numanuma is supposed to be retarded, tho. Mkay, thanks for pointing out that misconception.

It is retarded. The only thing Numanuma and DE have in common is that they're text heavy. The comparison is about as valid as comparing The Lord of the Rings to a telephone directory.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wasn't PST like this? And when there was combat people complained here how it was just terrible and that it was better if there was less of it.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I think there is genuine optimism for this game around the codex, but I think most rational users are holding their opinions until they actually play it.

It's unfortunate the amount of vitriol that has entered this thread. I'm still genuinely excited to finally get the chance to try this game that has been piquing my interest for years.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think there is genuine optimism for this game around the codex, but I think most rational users are holding their opinions until they actually play it.

It's unfortunate the amount of vitriol that has entered this thread. I'm still genuinely excited to finally get the chance to try this game that has been piquing my interest for years.
you have been here for years and somehow still expect no toxic bile seeping everywhere?

there is a reason why this gif exist:
:shitandpiss:

Prime Junta

Yeh this place wouldn't be the same without the vitriol.

I have to say this though: if you intend to bash Disco Elysium just to make me feel bad, you're a cunt.

Also I'm impressed if I've managed to make anyone dislike me that much, it would be quite an achievement, even for the Codex.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeh this place wouldn't be the same without the vitriol.

I have to say this though: if you intend to bash Disco Elysium just to make me feel bad, you're a cunt.

Also I'm impressed if I've managed to make anyone dislike me that much, it would be quite an achievement, even for the Codex.
pillars of eternity bro

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom