Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Imagine shitting on a genuinely original rpg that seems to live up to its lofty goals and at the same time praise Outer Worlds. Wtf

I might review TOW btw. I do plan to play it.

That's a big "might" though -- most likely the game will just leave me lukewarm and I usually can't muster up the strength to write up a review in that case. I have to either really love it (Pillars, back in the day when I was young and innocent) or really hate it (Numanuma).

That's why I didn't submit a Deadfire review. I thought it was a competent, okay game, good for what it is, and I had some good times playing it ... but I didn't love it.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
you have been here for years and somehow still expect no toxic bile seeping everywhere?

there is a reason why this gif exist:
:shitandpiss:

Oh, I'm not naive. Of course there's always going to be a swimming pool of shit to wade through. It's still unfortunate people can't wait until they actually try the game these days before they start smearing shit on it and howling at the moon.

SausageInYourFace

Codexian Sausage
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meanwhile in Bizzaro World Codex:

praising unreleased game as written by a literary genius with the best writing of all time surely to best even the likes of of PS:T = we are just excited, bro!
compairing unreleased game to less liked game with obvious and undeniable structural similarities = please stop spitting shit and vitriol, you need to play the game before voicing an opinion, retard!

you really built yourself some community in this thread, it feels like entering the mirror universe

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

Dykes of Numenera was great, guys. This will end well. Let's all be positive about the release.

Prime Junta

Should the game deliver, the butthurt will create a black hole.

Hardly. Grogs will continue to grouse about letting the riffraff in, cynics will continue to hate everything on general principles, and one or two people will be butthurt that Prime Junta was vindicated (again). Business as usual in other words.

Prime Junta

Reactionary propaganda detected. Should have featured young Stalin.

Portrait_of_Young_Stalin_-_Stalin_Museum_-_Gori_-_Georgia_%2817833659874%29.jpg

Wunderbar

Arcane
Disco has skillchecks, dice-rolls, deep choices and consequences systems, good story.

It's more RPG than most of the trash released today. On top of that, it looks like a decent adventure detective game.

And let's not forget about the award-winning artwork.

I'm in.
you can't say "deep choices and consequences systems, good story" without actually playing and finishing it. Stop being such a fanboy.

Prime Junta

I have to say this though: if you intend to bash Disco Elysium just to make me feel bad, you're a cunt.
It's all about you isn't it. Why is that?
rating_lulz.gif

I have a very dedicated fan club. Small, admittedly, but dedicated. Maybe you should ask them?

• game is being lauded by prime junta who absolutely adored pillars of eternity

I see Prime Junta still didn't figure out that his relentless obnoxious shilling is exactly what caused half of the Codex to have allergic reaction to any mention of this game and that it's exactly because of him that keyboards are warming up to nitpick every tiny flaw it will have.

You sure are going out of your way to instil massive negative bias in anyone who isn't hyped for this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom