Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium spoilery thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
People butthurt on this game be like
:liberals:

Everything slightly left is "pushing current year agenda." :lol:

Not really. I was complaining about the railroading, cop-outs and phasmids.

Imho the game doesn't push any political agenda.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Imho the game doesn't push any political agenda.

Indeed. It lets a wide variety of agendas indulge themselves, but itself takes no sides. This is actually part of the game's strength, despite what Prime Junta would so like to see.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
No one will remember me when I die, but when the phasmid theme plays it nearly convinces me otherwise.

Deadass

Savant
btw
is the captain of the 41st precinct planning some secret rebellion shite against the coalition? the last esprit de corps check make it seems so

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
btw
is the captain of the 41st precinct planning some secret rebellion shite against the coalition? the last esprit de corps check make it seems so

Can you quote the relevant part?

Deadass

Savant
btw

Can you quote the relevant part?

psOY1ao.png

Wtvzn8p.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
It sucks that Gizmo wants to move drug problems to Jamrock. He should move them outside Revachol. The place seems to be full of misery and lacking any sensible future.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
So, have people come across any particularly interesting passive checks, especially at Heroic level and above? I never really pumped any skill above 11 in my two playthroughs, but have had a few Godly checks, though nothing too interesting. I wonder if there are Impossible passive checks.

In general it seems the game doesn't really reward specializing in any way, and for a game ostensibly about "failure", failure or early-exit states in general seem short-changed. For example, there is no point in arresting Klaasje (which I did for my first playthrough) nor the church crew, all the arrests do is to lock you out of content or interesting tidbits; in my first playthrough that meant I didn't get Klaasje's passport from the phasmid in the end, as the subject never came up and I never investigated the buoy.

Pyreen

Educated
So, have people come across any particularly interesting passive checks, especially at Heroic level and above? I never really pumped any skill above 11 in my two playthroughs, but have had a few Godly checks, though nothing too interesting. I wonder if there are Impossible passive checks.

In general it seems the game doesn't really reward specializing in any way, and for a game ostensibly about "failure", failure or early-exit states in general seem short-changed. For example, there is no point in arresting Klaasje (which I did for my first playthrough) nor the church crew, all the arrests do is to lock you out of content or interesting tidbits; in my first playthrough that meant I didn't get Klaasje's passport from the phasmid in the end, as the subject never came up and I never investigated the buoy.

So far the most interesting checks seem to be situational more than level dependant, there is a very interesting shivers check which you can only get if you are on the church grounds while it's snowing. It reveals a ot of lore about the immediate surroundings and gives more info about what I assume are the ideological vision quests they had to cut, as well as about the "dungeons" they were talking about in the devlogs which they also had to cut.

Re. Klaasje, I always arrest her and still get the passport and buoy options every endgame, so those have to be dependant on some other variable.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, bros. I remember at the end of the game I had one unresolved quest about the blue door. What must've I done to open it?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
So far the most interesting checks seem to be situational more than level dependant, there is a very interesting shivers check which you can only get if you are on the church grounds while it's snowing. It reveals a ot of lore about the immediate surroundings and gives more info about what I assume are the ideological vision quests they had to cut, as well as about the "dungeons" they were talking about in the devlogs which they also had to cut.

Re. Klaasje, I always arrest her and still get the passport and buoy options every endgame, so those have to be dependant on some other variable.

Yes, that check is actually what prompted me to ask the question as it appeared to give information that hinted at plans beyond the game. There are always hints in other Shivers checks -- about the Return, La Puta Madre... but that check was the most concretely realized. All three sub-zones (Martinaise proper, the coast, and the islet) have their "overview" Shivers checks; that one is the most interesting, and the only one with a weather requirement.

I guess I just missed something about Klaasje the first time around!

Prime Junta

When I visited them in 2017 Robert said that he has a much bigger game already outlined, Disco is its first chapter.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member

Could you please transcribe/screenshot it?

Deadass

Savant
another curious thing
in the church there is a shivers check that tells you Revachol will be destroyed in 22 years by a nuclear blast

Last edited:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I've finished the game and have burning questions.

Is there a way to help Cuno and his friend? I felt like we've bonded a bit, but then it's business as usual.

Is dicemaker a one time only encounter? I couldn't go to her room again.

Is there a way to play the production schedule filament?

I've done the church questline late in game and feel like I've been locked out of finishing the 2mm hole logic check, something about Pale giving me a -10. What gives Pale understanding? Clearly not Ruby encounter.

And is finding Van Dyke's posters pertinent to finishing the syne quest for Egg? I had 8% chance to help him mix it up with my poor hand eye coordination.

Do we know for a fact that the deserter was peeping Tom and the shooter in the case? I've found the whole phasmid encounter surreal.

Is there any purpose whatsoever of having Joyce move to the fishing village? I've finished talking to her early on and had no new lines.

What happens when Harry finishes the realization he's an alcoholic thought? It's so slow I've finished the game before it was done.

Is Klaasje's insane shivers check related to figuring her out?

What's inside the rhetoric container?

Prime Junta

(1) Yes but man does it cost you.
(2) I could visit her several times.
(3) Yes.
(4) Joyce L. Messier.
(5) Don't know.
(6) Yes.
(7) Depends on your previous convos. You clearly missed a big, big chunk of Joyce L. Messier for some reason.
(8) Sort of.
(9) A very, very, very rich man.

vota DC

Augur
The sober thought is long but really powerful. If you don't mind physique you get a +1 on empathy, authority, volition and Esprit! You also get a penalty on physical insteument and no more bonus from al gul.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
(7) Depends on your previous convos. You clearly missed a big, big chunk of Joyce L. Messier for some reason.

I had a very hard white check when we discussed reality and world we live in, but this was long before I started Church quest. I wonder if game never counted a player would drill Joyce thoroughly early in game.
What unlocks the Pale convo with her?

Also, aerodrome made me chuckle. Only a Slav would use that word.

Prime Junta

I had a very hard white check when we discussed reality and world we live in, but this was long before I started Church quest. I wonder if game never counted a player would drill Joyce thoroughly early in game.
What unlocks the Pale convo with her?

That one. You have to either get lucky with the check, have very high Conceptualisation, or internalise Jamais Vu (you get it in that convo too). Jamais Vu drastically lowers the difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom