Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
've slept outside in Illinois winters and was homeless for a brief period of time, suck me off

Literally slept on frozen ground at 0 farenheit or below

Also slept in a car for weeks in Illinois and Wisconsin winter
Somehow, I don't doubt that a man of such staggering intellect like yourself has been reduced to homelessness multiple times in his life.

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
've slept outside in Illinois winters and was homeless for a brief period of time, suck me off

Literally slept on frozen ground at 0 farenheit or below

Also slept in a car for weeks in Illinois and Wisconsin winter
Somehow, I don't doubt that a man of such staggering intellect such as yourself has been reduced to homelessness multiple times in his life.
Let's talk iq scores

vota DC

Augur
I'm curious about the Measurehead options.

Is the only way to get in and see Evrart to beat him up, or submit to his Fantabulous Skull Theories?
First time I met Measurehead AFTER Evrat because I was exploring the scene of crime and got stuck in the Harbor......I really only wanted that nice coat.
Second time I met him before but I didn't want to wait to internalize the thought so I used the secret passage again, he didn't move after the quest but I got a nice new thought. I still have no idea what is inside the crate next to him.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
RPG Codex before launch: Solving the cases in Disco Elysium is incredibly hard, you must be a sophisticated intellectual and meticulously study every bit of text.

RPG Codex after launch:

:didntreadlol:

the mole c’mon read my masturbation bit again and then.. I don’t know. Go practice it to calm your nerves.
Don't swindle people, I understand masturbation pretty well

There is only one way to solve this dispute and that is to have an edge-off. Kasparov boasted of his 1-2 hour (w)an(k)tics, which, while respectable, I think I can out-edge by a tenfold. Surely mole's streetwise grit can put him in the ballpark. If both of you gentlemen push yourself, I reckon we can have a very close competition on our, uh, hands.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
It's not even about the lack of choice, cRPGs are bound to have limitations, but the ing-game handling of such situations. If the game needs to railroad something,
RPG Codex before launch: Solving the cases in Disco Elysium is incredibly hard, you must be a sophisticated intellectual and meticulously study every bit of text.

RPG Codex after launch:

:didntreadlol:
It still boils down to whether you enjoy the game itself or just the fact of beating it.

My dudes, forget Google Hangout - this kind of shit would go straight to twinkworld.net. I gotta make money off this venture somehow, right? That's the liberal way.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let's talk iq scores
I clock in at 129-132. The thing is, even if you were to have a higher IQ than me, I could still dribble your head off the concrete if I wanted too.
Same 132, but is your motorics score high enough to put me in that situation, probably not
You're right. Running from the gang bangers, drug addicts, and other homeless probably made you super quick. Keep trying to flex, at least I'm not an abject failure.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey Kasparov does the check to open the door behind the church comes up later on? Also you really fucked up with this game,mate. There is not nearly enough empty bottles later on in the game!

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
I didn't play the game, if the game that was supposed to be 60 to 90 hours is now 20 to 30 hours then that also isn't a ringing endorsement to spend 40 dollars on it
the mole c’mon read my masturbation bit again and then.. I don’t know. Go practice it to calm your nerves.
Don't swindle people, I understand masturbation pretty well
I wish I could convince you otherwise, but I can’t afford to.

How long did it take you to finish one play through?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Disco Elysium becomes even better when you've associated Codex user avatars for so long with the name that when you see them pop up in-game you think it's them.

Sorry for ruining your boules competition Prime Junta , turns out I'm a track & field god.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom