Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
It looks like an alley you wouldnt want to be in after dark.

I like the floating white door on the first floor that opens up into nothing and the what looks like a dumpster just a meter below it. It is an interesting architectural design choice.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Adding quest markers will usually lead to "Go to the dungeon, it's just outside of town" instead of "Go to the dungeon, it's out the north gate, follow the road until it forks, head west then look to the south at the fallen tree" because the designers know the option for markers is there, and if the player isn't using them "well they like exploration anyway :lol: ".
Yeah, I really don't trust game designers to not be lazy and ruin the fun of anyone that don't want glowing bullshit pointing exactly where they need to go and making exploration superfluous, giving some basic instructions to where you need to go seems THE hard for most retarded game designers. If they add quest markers in this game, no moneis for this kickstarter until I see the quest Journal and Larian proves they don't plan to "But everybody uses quest markers anyway." bullshit standard excuse for not adding a couple lines of text.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm looking forward to this more than the PoE expansion I likely won't even get. :negative:

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm looking forward to this more than the PoE expansion I likely won't even get. :negative:

Congrats on your coming out.
It's high time you embraced that eurotrash shovelware lifestyle you resisted for so long...

Perkel

Arcane
Of all the major oldschool RPG developers, Larian is clearly most at risk of "going casual". Their aggressive expansion means they have to get larger audiences now. (inXile btw is among the least at risk)

Of course, I can think of worse things than a complex turn-based RPG with a few casual features.

Yes, i feel that too. If this is going to be multiplatform kickstarter i will bail out.
I am too old to care about watching Larian fuck around with consoles to go into retardo way of chasing lowest common dominator.

All depends on how they will handle D:OS2.

On contrary i think this time Obisdian will deliver with storytelling. New companions seems to be way better than rest of companions from original game. Though episode 1 is a bit worring for overal story progresion.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:) I don't really have the time currently. And there are some other incredible composers on Soundcloud that could do some amazing tracks for them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah the meme thing is getting old. I'm sure they could come up with a better thing for people to add to the game (that is not annoying/stupid).

I have no fucking clue what that would be though... :M

EDIT: However the codex bar on PoE was not too bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You may find that Divinity: Original Sin 2 contains a good number of Codex memes regardless of our fundraising efforts.

Aenra

and better modding support..really, really shot themselves in the foot on that one

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about a fundraiser is done and we try to be somewhat serious about the content? It could also help the game. It's not a big deal. I was just curious.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you mean, "we"? We didn't come up with the whole Codex trolls thing that Larian put in the game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you mean, "we"? We didn't come up with the whole Codex trolls thing that Larian put in the game.
I wasn't part of that, to be honest. It was before I actually joined. I thought you guys came up with that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'd like to see another fundraiser just to stick it to that one guy on twitter who periodically complains about having to see RPG Codex every time he starts D:OS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom