Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Whee, now I get to do the "preorder then wait months for it to be nigh-perfected" all over again. :)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
BTW, I actually read the article and it doesn't say that this is coming to console. The platforms mentioned are about the first game.

Yeah, I misread that, and words are srpeading across NeoGaf and Reddit before I corrected it. :?

DraQ

Arcane
You're going to have a multikult multiracial party, either by chargen or by recruitment, including possibility of lizard dewds.
:incline:
If only they improve the writing, keep up the good stuff in regards to mechanics and improve things that were lacking (fucking z-axis) it's going to be splendid.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wish they'd drop the monochrome+red palette.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It just says that they announced DOS II sequel to the excellent DOS that launched on PC last year and now coming to consoles.
Engage fans in developemtn of sequel, KS on August 28th, take community opinion into account.
Will be at PAX with a prototype.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My industry source(tm) tells me he knew about this, but thought the Kickstarter was going to be for a new IP, not for D:OS 2.

Of course, Larian are making two games so there is a new IP as well. I'd say there's a good chance the Kickstarter will allow you to pledge for both, just like the original D:OS Kickstarter allowed one to pre-order Dragon Commander.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"A new chapter in RPGs" sounds like more than just a sequel.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date — one that will either sink us, or go on to be remembered as our best game ever!"

where have I heard that before

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In case you missed it, I’m of course referring to our recent announcement that we’ll be returning to Kickstarter with Divinity: Original Sin 2; our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date — one that will either sink us, or go on to be remembered as our best game ever!
Ooooohhh boy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Someone mentioned that the game wouldn't be the same without Kilrill and now I am sad.

Zeriel

Arcane
"our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date — one that will either sink us, or go on to be remembered as our best game ever!"

where have I heard that before

Well considering they seem to (mostly) keep getting better, I don't think that's dishonest.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I bet the lizard dude will be the zany one. You can see the chick next to him being all like "ugh, why is he so zany???"

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
They sold about 1 mio copies of D:OS. For D:OS 2, I don't really see any reasonable fact why they ask for backers (pre-order) money again. They should be able to finance the sequel as whole by themselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom