Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Infinitron Well, not that "special guest" but Darkest Dungeon director is on.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...inity-Original-Sin-2-As-Kickstarter-Nears-End

Get Chris Avellone's Story As Divinity Original Sin 2 Enters Final Hours
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is entering its final hours on Kickstarter, and Chris Avellone goes into more details on what he will be doing on the project.

Chris Avellone has been achieved as a stretch goal forDivinity: Original Sin 2, and the game is heading into its final hours with only a $2 million stretch left to go. So it is obvious that people want the game, and Avellone thinks fans won't be disappointed.

Having recently worked with Obsidian on Pillars of Eternityand inXile on Torment: Tides of Numenera, which brought different mechanics to each game, Avellone said that the next installment of Divinity makes some adjustments as well.

"Much like Tides, Original Sin 2 has a new spin on the mechanics that I'm eager to try out, notably the idea that party members have different agendas that may be taking place around another PC without their knowledge, which I've never experienced before," he told the Escapist. "After reading the D:OS2 design documentation, story, and character arcs, however, I find myself getting more interested in that system and ways to play around with it. I've never seen a system like that implemented in any game I've worked on, so I'm eager to dig into it and see what I can bring forth."

At this point in the process, Avellone has been tasked with writing one of the origin stories for the game, but he said the writing team is open to giving him more "space" in the Divinity world. His assignment right now is purely on a contract basis, since he is still working with inXile on Tides of Numenera, but he is crossing his fingers that there could be more work.

I wanted to see how much and at what level I can contribute," he said, "but so far, it bodes well for doing more in the future if Larian likes my work."

In the meantime, he is still playing his was through the first Original Sin and has only played the multiplayer in "Original Sin 2. "Damn you, [creative director] Swen [Vincke], for your party member betrayals."

In the meantime, the Kickstarter has about 16 hours to go and has collected more than $1.88 million. Another $120,000 before funding closes will bring a Game Master mode for the game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Today's stream is over. (There was no MCA. They said they were unable to invite him due to bad Skype connection and things. Maybe tomorrow.)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I couldn't attend today's stream but yay for codexian victory etc.

Anything noteworthy from the stream?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They talked a lot about Karma thing. What I can remember (listened to the stream while doing other things):

- high and low Karma has certain afflictions, benefits and associated skills.
- Karma also affects narrative. (gating?)
- character origins have some relationship with Karma.
- "Karma Bounty" increases when you kill innocent NPCs and decreases when you kill low Karma NPCs.
- they're not intending clear cut good and evil thing.

Obviously many things are still TBD and in prototype phase.

Also emphasized that romance is one of relationship status, not be all and end all. And as an example Char (writer) talked about a origin that character being widow and have children, but I didn't quite pay attention to that.

Arulan

Cipher
Also emphasized that romance is one of relationship status, not be all and end all. And as an example Char (writer) talked about a origin that character being widow and having children, but I didn't quite pay attention to that.

I'm reciting from memory, but this character's origin story is that of growing up in a less fortunate life. Eventually he came to lead a group of marauders. Some important event happens, and this character decides to flee and abandon the group in the mid of night, hoping to leave this life behind him. He establishes a normal life of a merchant trader. He has a wife and two twins of the age of ~13. One day his past catches up to him. The marauder group he left arrives at his home, murders his wife in front of him, and takes his children away, leaving him behind to be accused of the murder of his wife. His journey starts here.

The writer on the team (I forget her name) explained that this character's relationships would strongly be related to his goal of finding his children. Characters who are willing to make this goal the most important one will likely have a stronger relationship with him. Those who aren't willing to commit to this goal of his would likely have a rough relationship. She specifically mentioned another origin story (name excluded) who share some similarities which could cause them to become "soul-brothers", or strong enemies. Speaking of this character, and the one in question, she mentioned how one has an unwilling, almost subconscious reason for why he does certain -- I believe she used "dark" -- acts, and the other does so more willingly. As for romantic relationships, she appeared to imply that it would be very difficult given the loving relationship he had with his wife, who is now dead, but that it was possible with at least one other.

Mustawd

As for romantic relationships, she appeared to imply that it would be very difficult given the loving relationship he had with his wife, who is now dead, but that it was possible with at least one other.

Don't impose your puritanical morals on me, Larian. If the new one is hot, I can marry who I want.

:troll:

Aenra

she appeared to imply ... snip ...

If this is Sarah's doing, rather than an outcome of Swen checking in on her and rectifying what she had written thus far? +1
My confidence in her grows. More than the pwetty looks after all. The above example, if 'served' correctly (no goofy jokes, no overly dramatic cheesy monologues), bodes for an interesting romances extended relationships system. The sadist in me rejoices thinking of all the possible ways i could torment that poor fuck even further. Added the already present complex mechanics of D:OS II?

:bounce:

msxyz

Augur
Fuck, despite my best intentions NEVER to touch a KS again, I let a few gold coins slip out of my coffers... :takemyjewgold:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We pretty much hit 2 Mil now, when adding the Codex and the Watch's fundraisers + paypal. Unless they already added them?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope they cut it like they did day and night cycles.

Extremely impressive final two days. I bet Fargo's feeling the blobber's remorse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom