Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Uh... i'm voting these up anyway because "Fuck yeah", better let them know that we want them at any chance, etc, etc... But wasn't that survey supposed to be just about "goodies" for the KS campaign, rather than features for the core design?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What survey? From what I gathered this was supposed to be like the Torment kickstarter where you can recommend pretty much anything.

Also:

Gr1md0rk.
:codexisfor:
6 PCs = :incline: but his reasoning = :decline:
You could hear the screams of Pillars of Eternity backers.
Muh imurshon

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What survey? From what I gathered this was supposed to be like the Torment kickstarter where you can recommend pretty much anything.

Kickstarter Pledge Rewards

Welcome to our Kickstarter Suggestion Page! This is a space where you, and other fans, can come together to help us provide the Kickstarter Campaign that you want.

We’re collecting your ideas for Kickstarter Rewards, both physical and digital, and suggestions for what you want to see from us. If you have an idea for a Reward, then tell us in the form below.

The Torment Kickstarter too had different pages for different categories of things to vote on, it wasn't quite a free-for-all.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
True, but it was pretty broad iirc, so it felt like anything goes.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I hope the artstyle looks less like a cheap ancient MMO (every man is HUGE, every girl is a twig in heels, the gear design). I know they choose it so the game would run on integrated graphics, but damn did it look ugly.
I would rather have gameplay systems (including character development, level system and itemisation) not resemble a cheap MMO, but whatever

deuxhero

Arcane
The items need improvement for sure, especially making sure they don't scale as harshly (what's great one moment is almost instantly outdated).

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Larger party size would indeed be welcomed.

I kinda liked the dynamic of a smaller party better; where, at least how it seemed to me, there was the idea that you can't make the basic DnD esque lineup that (along with being pretty fucking boring) has almost all the "answers" in one package (or a row of mages bombarding from behind a row of tanks, or some such), and that a broader specialization paths and some overlapping were required to certain degree resulting in potential situational sacrifices in character progression. It felt more interesting to build the party.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Meh.

Unless they really make combat something else and different from D:OS, it's gonna feel similar, boring and contrived, all in all.

And combat looks to be the the major selling point of the game and the sequel. The story in D:OS was piss poor, the setting is forgettable and annoying, as I expect the sequel to follow suit.

Let's see how this turns out.

Meh.

Unless they really make combat something else and different from D:OS, it's gonna feel similar, boring and contrived, all in all.
The combat was actually my favorite part of the game (on par with the abundance of environmental interaction).
At least until things didn't start to become a bit silly with some weirdly overpowered talents and pieces of gear.

I kinda liked the dynamic of a smaller party better.
My problem with this recent trend for small parties is that they give very little freedom on how to compose your team.
You are essentially forced (well, let's say strongly encouraged) to stick with a single character for archetype or to ignore that part of the mechanics.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'd really like for a different title, and I am going to assume that they will change it when it nears release, or after kickstarter for that matter. You can still be a sequel and not have a #2 stacked right next to the title (or under it, or above it, or in it's ass).

Kind of like what they did for the original, Original Sin, it was named 'Eyes of a Child' beforehand, and then shoved out with some god-awful name.

I should probably add an request on their page for a different title lol

Anyways, I think that Brian Fargo might be one of the contributors to convincing Swen to go back to Kickstarter.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Kind of like what they did for the original, Original Sin, it was named 'Eyes of a Child' beforehand, and then shoved out with some god-awful name.
They changed the title because the plot changed.

Original Sin refers to the Pandora myth.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Larian's system of series titles is a total mess anyway. How about:

Divinity 3, episode 2: A New Sin
Divinity 4: Original Sin 2
Divinity: Divine Sin
Original Sin 2: Return to Divinity
Divine Original Sin 2: Divinity
Beyond Original Sin

imweasel

Divinity: I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever Ultimate Super Enhanced Remastered Beyond Double Void Dragon Edition Original Sin 2 Deluxe - Director's Cut

Fairfax

Arcane
MCA at #5

805843820_1337983.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom