Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

Aenra

Guys...10 people, 100 people. It is still a year. Forget the math of splitting them up because of Canada deals and cheaper budgets.
Stick to the one year deadline. For deep, fully world interactive RPGs. And now add to that how the larger the team, the harder to get your shit straight. On top of which, YOUR team will be split not in two, but in three parts of the world.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: You've got to be kidding me.

Guys...10 people, 100 people. It is still a year. Forget the math of splitting them up because of Canada deals and cheaper budgets.
Stick to the one year deadline. For deep, fully world interactive RPGs. And now add to that how the larger the team, the harder to get your shit straight. On top of which, YOUR team will be split not in two, but in three parts of the world.

Last try.

They're not splitting the team. They're founding two entirely new teams. Each team will develop a game alone. Each game will be developed over THREE years.

Aenra

lol...i get it now..ffs..

to my defense, it's Easter, and i got Jack the Daniels for company.

what a fucking idiot, lol

Weasel
Jesus, I've also been a bit sceptical about Larian expanding so quickly (sounds too much like every other of my favourite devs who ended up bust) but reading Aenra's posts on this was pretty damn painful.

hiver

Jesus you're dumb hiver. Each studio handles it's own crap, including gameplay/programming. That's the whole point.
Thats what i just said, moron.

If they are handling their own stuff then there is no fantasy "sharing tools, knowledge, tech" - because you cant fucking do three different things with completely the same engine.
There have to be differences which each studio will handle by itself - which fucking means three times the problems, for fuck sake.

Aenra

logo.jpg

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Jesus you're dumb hiver. Each studio handles it's own crap, including gameplay/programming. That's the whole point.

If they are handling their own stuff then there is no fantasy "sharing tools, knowledge, tech" - because you cant fucking do three different things with completely the same engine.
There have to be differences which each studio will handle by itself - which fucking means three times the problems, for fuck sake.

You don't need each studio to re-write the entire engine, only the ad-hoc components required for their individual game requirements, you fucking imbecile. They can still share renderer, physics, audio, editors etc. from a common base.

hiver

You don't need each studio to re-write the entire engine, only the ad-hoc components required for their individual game requirements, you fucking imbecile. They can still share renderer, physics, audio, editors etc. from a common base.
Nobody said anything about entire engine you stupid dumbfuck. ad-hoc components is it? And they will just work with everything else automatically will they? Editors, renderers - ita all fucking the same for your stupid fucking skull.

Is that why everyone working in Unity are just fucking using default Unity and keep churning out awesome games, you fucking shithead?

You can make a fucking RTS out of Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4 if you want.
Do it you fucking imbecile. Show me how EASY that is.
Make an RTS that will sell.

fucking moron.

hiver

Learn. to. fucking. read. what. I. am. saying.

Before addressing me ever again. So next time you will feel less of butthurt.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why not instead keep the safety net and work in a relaxed, no publisher, no release dates, no stress environment? Which is most conducive to the artistic juices and talents flowing, which is conducive to creating great stuff.
Not to mention having free time to get the "community feedback" without insane crunch times.

Why the hell do you need three studios and thus three times the problems?

This reads like something written by a clueless idiot who doesn't understand the importance of investment.

"Safety", "Relaxed", "Free time"

:lol: Is that how they run businesses in hiverland?

hiver

Ah, you want more butthurt?
Getting to be stupid once isnt enough?
Well Morgoth, i will happily oblige your idiocy skull punching in request. Because you are that fucking stupid cheap and laughable cretin. :lol:

First, you will have to explain those terms you took out of context and turned them into idiotic strawmans - again.
Business? Are we talking just about any business at all? Are all business the same and require same amenities to function?

Back to game dev business, when have EVER being unsafe, stressed and having zero free time to find out what their mistakes are and what can be done better resulted in a good game?

Of course you dont have answers to any of these, youre a just another stupid shithead who is only capable of creating idiotic posts, forcing some mindbogglingly idiotic version of what you misunderstand as an "issue" and posting smileys and stupid pictures when you figure out you have nothing at all to actually say beyond making cretinous declaratory statements! Because you are that fucking stupid Morgoth.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
There's another article Swen mentioned his "evil" plan: http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/03/31/un-nouveau-studio-de-jeux-video-a-quebec

By Google Translate:

The small firm specializing in role play is very ambitious. "Our evil plan is to create this massive RPG that will dominate them all", we read on their website.

The glove studio also has a few employees in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the opening of an office in Quebec allows progress towards this goal of world domination ... RPG. If a game kind of takes three years to develop, the three offices will work together to launch a title, each year, enthuses Mr. Vincke.

He is currently recruiting. Its goal is to hire a dozen people the first year, to work with other teams. After three years, he hopes to count a team of forty people in Quebec to work on projects of his own.

There's also an interview on the same paper: http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/04/01/choisir-quebec

Mustawd

Why not instead keep the safety net and work in a relaxed, no publisher, no release dates, no stress environment? Which is most conducive to the artistic juices and talents flowing, which is conducive to creating great stuff.
Not to mention having free time to get the "community feedback" without insane crunch times.

Why the hell do you need three studios and thus three times the problems?

This reads like something written by a clueless idiot who doesn't understand the importance of investment.

"Safety", "Relaxed", "Free time"

:lol: Is that how they run businesses in hiverland?

I think he means why try and make three good rpgs instead of focusing you resources on one good product with more time for polish. But I mean I agree with your premise Morgoth. If their goal is to release three products, each one a year apart, then it makes sense on a cashflow level. In which case each product helps you finance the next line of products.

I mean...would you rather be paid $100k on December 31 or $70k bimonthly? Hiver, you talk about risk, being creative, etc...but when the future of a company hinges on one product that actually kills creativity. It's a huge risk and the temptation to make it "mainstream" is huge. Not to mention that it's practically impossible to get stable financing that way.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Ah, you want more butthurt?
Getting to be stupid once isnt enough?
Well Morgoth, i will happily oblige your idiocy skull punching in request. Because you are that fucking stupid cheap and laughable cretin. :lol:

First, you will have to explain those terms you took out of context and turned them into idiotic strawmans - again.
Business? Are we talking just about any business at all? Are all business the same and require same amenities to function?

Back to game dev business, when have EVER being unsafe, stressed and having zero free time to find out what their mistakes are and what can be done better resulted in a good game?

Of course you dont have answers to any of these, youre a just another stupid shithead who is only capable of creating idiotic posts, forcing some mindbogglingly idiotic version of what you misunderstand as an "issue" and posting smileys and stupid pictures when you figure out you have nothing at all to actually say beyond making cretinous declaratory statements! Because you are that fucking stupid Morgoth.

Stop rambling and get to the point.

As a matter of fact, this assertion is false. Creativity and productivity is always firing on all cylinders when healthy pressure is put on people, provided it isn't too prolongated and crippling. Complacency will only get you Indie-Untermensch trash. That's why having more studios gives each one more motive to excel, but at the same time also the opportunity to learn new lessons from it's peers.

Xeon

Augur
Hope it works for them and if it did, hope Obsidian will do the same since they already have the manpower.

hiver

That is the point, you fucking stupid cretin.

You are blathering stupid assertions you cannot support by anything. because you are that fucking stupid.

As a matter of fact, this assertion is false. Creativity and productivity is always firing on all cylinders when healthy pressure is put on people, provided it isn't too prolongated and crippling. Complacency will only get you Indie-Untermensch trash. That's why having more studios gives each one more motive to excel, but at the same time also the opportunity to learn new lessons from it's peers.
What makes it false? This idiotic assertion you pulled out of that stupid skull of yours? And we should believe it just because your brain farted it out?

gtfo you old cretinous shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom