Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lazy bastards.

e1f9f3087a6191230139096274a34457.png

:rpgcodex:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Whoa..did we ever find out if the keyboard survived that crash to the floor? (nm, watched a bit, it lived, SINATRA! :) )

Kirill gets a old skool Moog or a B3 with Leslie :)

Zep--

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I indeed forgot it, even though I just played it a week ago, because it was 10 minutes, meaningless, and didn't bother me. But honestly, it doesn't matter, if you consider the original intent of the statement. God forbid one of the examples is wrong or right, I must nitpick and derail. You're right, I'm wrong, oh ho ho go stroke your ego.
Since I'm already correcting you, what was wrong with Divinity 2's endgame? It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the flying fortresses and I enjoyed the Capcom-style gauntlet-of-losers at the end.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I indeed forgot it, even though I just played it a week ago, because it was 10 minutes, meaningless, and didn't bother me. But honestly, it doesn't matter, if you consider the original intent of the statement. God forbid one of the examples is wrong or right, I must nitpick and derail. You're right, I'm wrong, oh ho ho go stroke your ego.
Since I'm already correcting you, what was wrong with Divinity 2's endgame? It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the flying fortresses and I enjoyed the Capcom-style gauntlet-of-losers at the end.
I guess because I'm considering the whole of Div2's second half as the endgame, including the flying fortresses. The gauntlet was fine, I agree. But the second half of the game was a chore.

Tigranes

Arcane
If this were the Middle Ages, the solution would clearly be for DarkUnderlord to marry Myrthos' daughter/sister/mother and then murder Myrthos, then to donate the entire pile to the Codexian.

My memories of Div2 are fuzzy, but things got crappy once (1) you became a dragon, (2) you reached high levels and the character development ran out, (3) quests became "go to 18 portals and seize fortresses full of bad dudes".

Gwyndion

Literate

Maybe its just me but while it could've been improved some I did enjoy the flying fortresses at the end, gives you the feeling of being strong and how much you've grown since the games start.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Maybe its just me but while it could've been improved some I did enjoy the flying fortresses at the end, gives you the feeling of being strong and how much you've grown since the games start.

Broken walley was the best, Almost sand box experience but with interesting quests with C&C. Mix of Explorations and Strong Story line ala Morrowind I like most... But Came to Aleroth and all those Kill General X and bring His pantalones Y is starting to bore me; Won't finish this game I'm afraid.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Broken walley was the best, Almost sand box experience but with interesting quests with C&C. Mix of Explorations and Strong Story line ala Morrowind I like most... But Came to Aleroth and all those Kill General X and bring His pantalones Y is starting to bore me; Won't finish this game I'm afraid.
Well what I did was just do the main quest and ignore the side quests in the Orobas Fjord. The expansion is worth it, it's Broken Valley quality (if not better) except urban setting only.

Gord

Arcane
Yes, if you are getting bored by the Orobas Fjords, ignore the flying fortresses. They are not necessary to complete the game, iirc.
And the expansion is pretty cool. Very good ratio of fighting and talking, imho. I guess that if I'd ever think about replaying DKS again, I might directly jump into the expansion and ignore the original Divinity 2 parts.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Flying fortresses aside, Orobas fjords still has quite good sidequests. One wouldn't want to miss out on Bellegar's dungeon of moral choices and Dragon Terror Patrol.

Jestai

Augur
Patron
Flames's finale was enjoyable in my opinion. After derping for hours in the city, you definitely want to turn into a dragon, burn shit and fuck up the flying castle that's taunting you from the start. Which is definitely what the game gives you, showering you with tons of enemies which look like a credible force to defense the base. Maybe the last seconds of the "mission" could have been better, since it finishes with "you're kinda close enough => CUTSCENE" as far as i can recall.

Anyway, one sequence like this was perfect, more would have been too much. For those who didn't like it, well, maybe you shouldn't play an action RPG if you don't like action..?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can lease botnets for that!

Or we can use that program that was used on amazon when it took down the wikileaks page.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Codex, arm your LOICs. We are at Popamole 1. This is not a drill. Launch verification codes to follow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom