Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Visperas

Augur
Yes, there's bugs. It's an alpha! Despite that the game looks amazing!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're updating their build, meaning there are programmers working in the offices while the stream is under way. Some crunch. I was jealous of people working at Larian, but I'm not so sure anymore.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The new build has a feature where leftover Action Points are transferred to the next turn of combat. Pretty neat idea.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
I think you should be able to transfer 2/3 APs at most, otherwise you'll be able to exploit stuff and get 20+ APs in a turn.

I dislike the move away from Mana, too much skill/magic spamming going on right now.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Spells are on cooldowns now, or at least that's how it looked.

The stream is basically over. They have decided to release the alpha next week. :incline:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
One more important piece of news: it is possible to join the alpha on Steam and later get the final version on GOG. The Steam version will remain in Your library, but will not work.

I was off and on during the Twitch session. It looks great. Hopefully it will be released by the 17th. I'll have something to do over break other than studying.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Enjoyable stream, would watch again. Personal favourite was the multishot with a holstered bow (aka air guitar solo).

Minus point for the lack of dresses. ForkTong should take suggestions for the next stream they take.

Overall :4/5:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In some ways this alpha looks more polished than Wasteland 2's beta, but I guess it is much longer in development, and inXile's 'early beta' is probably actually alpha.
Yah. D:OS has to be out in a little over two months and they've been working towards that release date. There's absolutely no way W2 will be in a releasable state within two months.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yah. D:OS has to be out in a little over two months and they've been working towards that release date. There's absolutely no way W2 will be in a releasable state within two months.
TBH, judging from yesterday's stream it doesn't seem likely for D:OS too to be in such a state within two months either.

Zeriel

Arcane
I am a fan of mana. Or at least some sort of not-trivially-replenished resource. i.e Vancian per-day magic as contrasted to short cooldowns. Fight against the popamole, David!

At least mana potions have to be obtained and consumed, whereas cooldowns just require you to wait until they're up again. Zero management.

Arkeus

Arcane
Yeah, the change from mana to cooldowns mean that you can spam anything as much as you want, especially if you have a lot of skills. You either need to come back to a 'nicer' mana system, or do something like 'you can only learn a certain numbers of skills per intelligent thresholds' or some such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom