Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Breydel

Literate
Yeah, D:OS doesn't look particularly 'cartoonish' to me, with the possible exception of the Orcs (whose models I didn't like very much for that reason). It's just brightly-colored and varied instead of adhering to the subdued brown-grey color scheme that some people have gotten used to.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe JarlFrank can create a new thread for Dragon Commander in Strategy Gaming by mocing some posts from the last coulke of pages of this thread?

THEY UPDATED THE THUMBNAIL ON THEIR PITCH VIDEO SO THAT THE WOMAN IS NO LONGER DRESSED IN A CHAINMAIL BIKINI :x :x :x

FUCKING FEMINIST PANDERING WHITE KNIGHTS I AM REVOKING MY PLEDGE FOREVER I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD GAME :x :x :x DEATH TO LARIAN

eh, what's the big deal? it was contributing to rape culture.

come, brothers. let us leave no stone unturned!

9gyyr5n.jpg

poetic codex

Augur
This kickstarter seems to be going very slow.
Isn't it surprising how games that are almost finished, or have actual gameplay videos seem to get less support than games who pitch with nothing but vague promises, and a few concept arts. I don't get it.

:hmmm:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Most all Kickstarters while in the middle portion of its fundraiser move slow. Just like Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment etc.....

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
As long as it gets to $650k I'll be perfectly happy. Don't give a damn about the day/night cycle stuff, can take or leave companion personalities, but I have a huge fondness/weakness for customisable strongholds and the traits and talents sound like they'll really add a lot to the combat and character development.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, that stream makes Dragon Commander look way more complicated than Original Sin, which has really made me excited for it as a turbonerd.

Raapys

Arcane
The graphics style is one of the low parts of the game for me. Never been a fan of the Warcraft3/WoW blocky models and cartoony colors style. DD looked a lot better. But yeah, better performance and all that. Probably cheaper to make too.

Divinity (including OS) art style never struck me as like Warcraft very much at all. Within the "cartoonish" frame of reference, there's a huge variety of styles. Especially with the human male bodies, you can see a pretty clear difference. Outside of armor that tends to bulk characters up, males in Divinity games tend to have fairly realistic proportions. Any Warcraft/Blizzard game makes every male (even the ones who are supposed to be emaciated) have steroid-induced mega-muscles everywhere. I could go on with other aspects, but that's a good start.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it looks very much the same. Change the camera angles and/or lighting around a bit and you could certainly have fooled me.
QLtoIqB.jpg

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How very Hepler. A button that allows you to skip combat so you can get right back to the CYOA.

To be fair, some way of auto-resolving the battles has been a pretty standard feature in strategy games for many years.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Damn, i just restarted DD1, in honour of this kickstarter and was immediately disappointed that the only way to move is the mouse when i was pressing the arrow keys... How about opensourcing just the executable code larian?

edit: i can 'keep the mouse pressed after clicking on a walkable area' to keep moving, whew, crisis mostly averted.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Yeah, I started playing Div Div in honour of this kickstarter as well, for the first time ever, actually.

Fucketh me, this game is addictive as HELL

:Flash:

Arcane
Damn, i just restarted DD1, in honour of this kickstarter and was immediately disappointed that the only way to move is the mouse when i was pressing the arrow keys... How about opensourcing just the executable code larian? Even ultima style 'keep the mouse pressed after clicking on a walkable area' would be better than keeping clicking.
Keeping the mouse button pressed used to work on DivDiv. I always played the CD version, though, don't know about the downloadable versions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom