Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Murk

Arcane
^ That's about DD, not BD.

I am EXTREMELY upset they were unable to implement the awesome Gothic-like combat into Divinity 2 that they discussed, as well as the other fortress/leadership related material in Ego Draconis, video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Nq9_X68os

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The next year shall decide the fate of all codex's heroes... no more "evil publishers made me do it!", everyone is getting a fair shot to make it's own game, let's see who inclines the most.

And I do have the ffeling that Sawyer will make a very boring game.

There's always Record of Agarest War 3

norolim

Arcane
Looks like fat Americans prefer their popamole: pledges yestreday: 23K, of which about 20K was pledged before Americans even woke up.

Zeriel

Arcane
I was going to say, I was surprised when someone said earlier that Americans seemed to be out-pledging Europeans. I know we cheeto-loving, mountain-dew-spewing Americans have disproportionately huge piles of cash wedged between our fatty folds, but I always figured Larian had a pretty big European fanbase.

Arkeus

Arcane
I was going to say, I was surprised when someone said earlier that Americans seemed to be out-pledging Europeans. I know we cheeto-loving, mountain-dew-spewing Americans have disproportionately huge piles of cash wedged between our fatty folds, but I always figured Larian had a pretty big European fanbase.
Eurpoeans do not have a unified language like in US, which means that a game where every updates and descriptions are in english will miss something like 80% of the playerbase.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game systems for single player games don't need to be carefully balanced. It's more important that they are fun and fit the game lore and world.

Also, we are ahead of The Watch. :obviously:

Screen-Shot-2013-04-11-at-00.30.20.png

Zeriel

Arcane
RPGCodex's deeper roster paying dividends. Noble roman centurions of the watch cannot resist the barbarian hordes.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....hmm ur right, we need to remind them of how sexist it is. This is a job for Roguey

catfood

AGAIN
The money could be coming from the Al Qaeda website for all I care. As long as this hits as many stretch goals as possible I'm ok with it.

catfood

AGAIN
On the other hand I struggle to understand how intellectually limited one can be to dislike a fucking video game because it doesn't fit to your narrow world view. I mean ffs even Roguey donated.

Zeriel

Arcane
Click through to the KS page from any link on the rpgcodex.net domain, basically.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And the first comments are all about the chick on the banner wearing too little clothes! Because it is the most important thing when it comes to gaming nowadays. Is it sexist or not?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are they getting so much cash from RPS?
Because of this recent article?
Jesus christ, that comment section... Fucking disgusting. I'm glad I took that shit site off my bookmarks.
"My girlfriend didn't like it, so I won't back!"..What the fuck is this??

I'm hoping Larian won't bend to the will of these hyper-PC idiots.
Well, Larian did hype it as a game to play with your girlfriend (or at least one of them in Swen's case), so this might pose some problem with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom