Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Gord

Arcane
"My girlfriend didn't like it, so I won't back!"..What the fuck is this??
Girlfriends come and go. Good games stay forever.

Unless you are one of the few lucky guys blessed with a gamer-girlfriend, you should keep your gaming habits and your ladyfriends well separated.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Uh, that's funny. Managed to make DD1 not center the camera on the pc (caps lock). This is a feature i didn't know about, handy for those mazes - but it could be better: caps lock free camera could center on the character if the mouse is kept pressed instead of clicked to pathfind (as normal DD1 movement). Pity it doesn't do that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
No shipping cost for physical good. Not for EU, not for US. Nice. Maybe I should up my pledge a third time!
But the next tier including Dragon Commander is 500. Meeeeeeerhhh...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No shipping cost for physical good. Not for EU, not for US. Nice. Maybe I should up my pledge a third time!
You can have Dragon Commander as a digital download as a $40 pledge upgrade.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You can have Dragon Commander as a digital download as a $40 pledge upgrade.
The first interesting physical reward is at 95 - the collector's box (if it's not collector/deluxe I don't see a reason for a physical box). 95+40=135. That's a steep upgrade from getting the two same games at 65. But, yeah, it's better than 500.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
+12 for shipping to huehueland, +20 for another copy of D:OS to co-op with my brother x2 for Brazilian Reais = R$334,00, half a minimum wage. :oops:

I didn't realize this game would involve the whole Damien plotline. I was really starting to loathe the guy in D2, since he kept on getting away like some kind of cartoon villian, hopefully there will finally be a chance to fight him in OS.

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't think it involves him so much as it's a biblical arc in the setting. Damien is an expression of the Ultimate Foozle, in the same way that Judas is a part of Satan's plan (trolololol). Damien doesn't even exist at the time of OS, he's just a dude who was born later (your character in Divine Divinity is his adoptive father, actually).

DeepOcean

Arcane
+12 for shipping to huehueland, +20 for another copy of D:OS to co-op with my brother x2 for Brazilian Reais = R$334,00, half a minimum wage. :oops:
Did you already considered the import taxes? If not, your wallet is going to cry.

Zeriel

Arcane
What kind of deal have you made for there to be free shipping?

images

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Decided to go for Dragon Commander after all. :rage:

Last minute choices how do they work?

Also lar_q

Now seeing how this game is a Kickstarter success, are you ever planning to go for a better setting? Allow me to criticize a bit please, but I never really thought the DD setting had much to offer. Please, I am not trying to be cruel or anything or hating your anatomical peculiarities. It is just that most people in the world play RPGs because of the setting + story. This is also the era of the grim-dark + smarmy heroes. Why not flow with the tide and still make a good game so that you can make a game you want later with the money?
I don't care that you do not like the Rivellon world. I appreciate that you would like them to try a different setting (I would too). What I strongly disagree with is the suggestion to make a DA2 boring grimdark new shit fantasy setting when they are making the game they want to make now. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you, Shrek?

Props for pledge upgrade though :salute:

Zeriel

Arcane
I dunno, I think it's understandable that he'd want them to make something more suitable to his tastes, people sometimes just don't think about what goes into making worlds. As a creative type, you're always playing to your strengths. Stephen King didn't write Watership Down, I wouldn't want Larian to try to do The Witcher 2 when they seem to really enjoy what they're currently doing and I find it entertaining enough. Trying something way outside your core competency often ends up in disaster.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There will be in countries we have distro deals in.
Does that include Poland? If yes, will it be the same box as the Kickstarter one?

Yeah, it will be distributed by CD Projekt, like previous Larian games. And for some insane reason the preorder on muve.pl is cheaper than the lowest digital tier on Kickstarter.
Poland is awesome sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom