Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
ForkTong

That's pretty awesome. Does the game automatically sync up your data if you invite someone into a modified campaign like that, or do you have to send it manually outside of the client?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
So here's my proposal for one of the things:
Put a bridge with 3 trolls into the game and call them Volourn, Andhaira and FretRider.
The names are of course up to debate. Actually a (extensive) troll cave might be the better solution to justify the sheer amount of trolls to put into the game.

Yeah well no. I'd rather honour the Codex as a whole than specific people. And if we did, even though I'm not fond of it, it would be people who really contributed to make it what it is today, not retarded people who contribute little and are just annoying.

An intelligent, talking book that just spews nonstop vileness would be pretty appropriate, but probably outside the scope of the way Larian has donations structured.

That's a pretty good idea, just make it nonstop insightful vileness.

Zeriel

Arcane
So here's my proposal for one of the things:
Put a bridge with 3 trolls into the game and call them Volourn, Andhaira and FretRider.
The names are of course up to debate. Actually a (extensive) troll cave might be the better solution to justify the sheer amount of trolls to put into the game.

Yeah well no. I'd rather honour the Codex as a whole than specific people. And if we did, even though I'm not fond of it, it would be people who really contributed to make it what it is today, not retarded people who contribute little and are just annoying.

An intelligent, talking book that just spews nonstop vileness would be pretty appropriate, but probably outside the scope of the way Larian has donations structured.

That's a pretty good idea, just make it nonstop insightful vileness.

It making fun of any heroic actions you take would be pretty great, and so forth.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What we need is a weresheep diplomat whose every single dialogue is an antidote to thinking you're getting anywhere with this game.

Stabwound

Arcane
I guess this has no hope of hitting the $1,000,000 stretch goal? That's going to be a tragedy if so.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm hoping for 650k, really. Should be achievable if there's a nice push at the end.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm hoping for 800K at least, but the last few days bring a steady decline (sorry) in pledging. ForkTong, lar_q maybe it's time for that reddit AMA thing?

Arkeus

Arcane
Fuck, today's going SLOOW.
EDIT: Update.
Stretch goal ahoy!

With a bit of extra support, it looks like we may make our very first stretch goal today!
In case you missed out on the description of our first stretch goal - The Shelter Plane At The End of Time – here are 3 out of at least 7 reasons why you want us to make this:
  • The Transcript of Unravelled Destinies: See what consequences your actions have on the future of Rivellon, while you’re playing.
  • The Coffers That Have No Bottoms: You can pretty much pick up anything that looks like it can be picked up in Divinity:Original Sin. Now you’ll have a place where you can store it all.
  • Secrets Galore: There are some really juicy secrets to be found on the Shelter Plane. It would be a pity if they remain secret. Maybe you’ll even discover whatever happened to this fellow
For even more reasons, check out the update we did on the Shelter Plane.
Join the forums – leave your mark!

A lot of people underestimate the impact of their comments in our forums. We often involve forum posts in our discussions at Larian, and it’s fair to say that several of the better features in our games were born from forum discussions and many more features were improved as a direct consequence of a post there. We also love getting feedback - it makes us better at our jobs.
That’s why we’d like to invite you to participate in the discussions on the Divinity: Original Sin forums. These forums are the place where discussions are going to continue post-Kickstarter and they frequented daily by many developers at Larian.
Drop a note on the forums if you have an idea for something you’d really like to see in Divinity: Original Sin. You might be surprised at our willingness to pick it up.
Designer talk

Ever wondered why most multiplayer “RPGs” feel "dumbed down"?
We tried to make a video about what's involved when you try to make one that's not "dumbed" down, but even that turned out to be complicated ;)

In closing

This update is a bit shorter than usual, not only because it's weekend, but also because we're all watching this video.
Have a great sunday!

Monty

Arcane
There's now paypal too, was 5k after the first couple of days - maybe 10k now? But yes, I think at this point 650k is probably the best it can do, even with a pickup at the end. Most fans on the main forums who are interested have probably pledged now, they need some sort of media push to reach a new audience.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I'm hoping for 800K at least, but the last few days bring a steady decline (sorry) in pledging.
Until now they always got at least ten thousand dollars, so six hundred thousand is a given, with the final rush I think that the final figure will be surely seven hundred thousand dollars, maybe seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars, with a bit of luck eight hundred thousand dollars is not so impossible.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nice video, the stuff about who gets the privileges voer the looted item was very interesting, can't wait to play this with my brother. :salute:

Also, nice Disney Princess box. :P

Nithrakis

Novice
Damnit. Still not at 500k. Can you bastards starting hating on this? It worked for SotA.....

Stabwound

Arcane
TotalBiscuit would be great. I'm not really big on Youtube Celebs, so I can't really think of any others. I'm really rooting for you guys to hit the million dollar mark; it just HAS to happen.

Angthoron

Arcane
We're going to play with TotalBiscuit. What other channels do we need?
Really? That's great to hear. I sent him an email as well, hopefully he makes it in time and gets some interest to the project from his followers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom