Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does CD Projekt underpay and abuse its developers?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If that's not a stare from an Alpha Draconis lizardoid, I don't know what is.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe we should start with not being exploited no matter what you want to work?
"maybe criminals should just stop committing crime"
genius, why didn't anyone think of this before
We actually do stuff to prevent criminals from committing crimes, you know?

As a society, we have the power to influence what happens around us. Generally speaking, we don't like crime, so we try to stop criminals. If we, as a society, decide that we don't like workers exploitation, we have the power to do something about it. Or do you think that working conditions have improved on their own during the last two centuries?

Codex Year of the Donut
Wow, guess we shouldn't protect ourselves if there's a criminal but just cry about being robbed on twitter. Help help I'm being exploited by a criminal and will take zero personal responsibility to stop it!

Lacrymas

Arcane
NJClaw your appeals will fall on deaf ears, this topic is way more complicated than they can grasp yet, judging from their ...let's say personal opinions*.

*fart-like air releases from the mouth area

Arbiter

Scholar
My coworker's friend worked as a graphics designer in CDP Kraków office and resigned because of a subpar salary.

Lambach

Arcane
My coworker's friend worked as a graphics designer in CDP Kraków office and resigned because of a subpar salary.

Wait, wait, wait, what? He resigned? How? Lacrymas told me your employer can force you to work 100 hours a week for below minimum wage? This is puzzling to me, can you explain how he was able to resign given his employer's endless power over him?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
"capitalist lizards"
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F0b81567a-054e-11e9-83a9-aa6bb81799a5.png

Gotta believe.

Fuck me, look at those yellow icterish eyes. Now thats a case of hepatitis if i ever saw one

Lacrymas

Arcane
Wait, wait, wait, what? He resigned? How? Lacrymas told me your employer can force you to work 100 hours a week for below minimum wage? This is puzzling to me, can you explain how he was able to resign given his employer's endless power over him?
I have never said they pay them minimum wage, you are projecting. But you are showing your inability to think in context and remember what I have already said. Emotional extortion exists. Money is not the only driving force. Some people can't find a new job. Or maybe they can't find a new job that pays the same so they can pay their mortgage or whatever. This is a not a new thing. Rockstar had the same problem. Stop being a lamer and a dumb-dumb.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Wow, guess we shouldn't protect ourselves if there's a criminal but just cry about being robbed on twitter. Help help I'm being exploited by a criminal and will take zero personal responsibility to stop it!
Who the fuck is saying that we should cry on twitter about it? And what a useless metaphor is that? Robberies/violent crimes are events that require an immediate answer: you need to stop it in a matter of seconds, so media exposure generally won't help. Workers exploitation is a far more complex problem and it needs to be handled in a completely different way. You need to sensibilize public opinion in order to convince whoever has the power of making decisions that the problem is worth solving. So, yes, since media exposure is fundamental in tackling radicated problems that need long orchestrated solutions, talking about it on twitter makes sense.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
We are not saying that the problem should solve itself. We are saying that there's something wrong and that probably we should do something about it. How can you be so deaf to other human beings' suffering to completely ignore their legitimate struggle for better working conditions?

Lacrymas

Arcane
How can you be so deaf to other human beings' suffering to completely ignore their legitimate struggle for better working conditions?
Because it's easy to dehumanize them as crybabies who can't take the heat. It's much more comfortable and easy to not care. They rationalize it as "not virtue signaling", but in actuality it borders on dangerous apathy. They also aren't informed enough/don't care enough to know that working this crazy brings health and personal problems along with it.

Lambach

Arcane
I have never said they pay them minimum wage, you are projecting.

Google "hyperbole", Einstein.

But you are showing your inability to think in context and remember what I have already said. Emotional extortion exists. Money is not the only driving force.

Irrelevant. She didn't like something about her current job (salary, working conditions, her boss was a faggot, irrelevant) and she quit. Boom, problem solved and all without bitching and moaning to the rest of the world about how oppressed she is.

Some people can't find a new job.

There is not a single decent software (or graphic) developer that can't find a new job. Not a one.

Or maybe they can't find a new job that pays the same so they can pay their mortgage or whatever.

Bullshit again. As pointed out several times, this might apply to low-skilled workers, but high-skilled professionals will not go without a similarly paid job for long, what you're saying is fucking retarded.

Codex Year of the Donut
How can you be so deaf to other human beings' suffering to completely ignore their legitimate struggle for better working conditions?
Because it's easy to dehumanize them as crybabies who can't take the heat. It's much more comfortable and easy to not care. They rationalize it as "not virtue signaling", but in actuality it borders on dangerous apathy. They also aren't informed enough/don't care enough to know that working this crazy brings health and personal problems along with it.
I rationalize it as "you have it better off than most people in your own country let alone the world and I'm tired of reading overpaid babies crying on twitter using a $1500 phone"

Lambach

Arcane
They also aren't informed enough/don't care enough to know that working this crazy brings health and personal problems along with it.

"Bloo hoo hoo woe is me I willingly decided to join a company that is known for demanding insane hours for their workers and now I'm sad that they're demanding the same of me bloo hoo look at me I'm so oppressed and depressed"

Get bent, faggot. :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Bullshit again. As pointed out several times, this might apply to low-skilled workers, but high-skilled professionals will not go without a similarly paid job for long, what you're saying is fucking retarded.
Yet here we are. Devs are complaining about their working conditions, but are not (afaik) resigning on a massive scale. Hmmm, I wonder why that is. Perhaps this is a much more complicated problem than you seem to realize. Just maybe.

"Bloo hoo hoo woe is me I willingly decided to join a company that is known for demanding insane hours for their workers and now I'm sad that they're demanding the same of me bloo hoo look at me I'm so oppressed and depressed"

Get bent, faggot. :lol:
What a sad little man you are. There is nothing more to talk about.

Codex Year of the Donut
How can you be so deaf to other human beings' suffering
"I had to work long hours and... I got paid for it... it was so awful"
lmao get the fuck out of here
You truly are a sad person, I'm sorry.

I hope someday you will be able to experience the joy of feeling empathy for other human beings.
You're right, I can't feel empathy for overpaid crybabies. Excuse me while I go donate again to help feed the needy because 20 million people in my country suddenly became unemployed, and the people capable of telecommuting to their job make up a tiny minority of it.

Lambach

Arcane
Yet here we are. Devs are complaining about their working conditions, but are not (afaik) resigning on a massive scale. Hmmm, I wonder why that is.

Cowardice, fear of change, unwillingness to do something else because working on vidya is their passion (despite the abuse), you name it.

What a sad little man you are. There is nothing more to talk about.

Cry me a river.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Just find a new job 4heads

Clearly spoken like a true retard whose life is handed on a silver spoon. There is no lack of artist/programmer in the modern world be it in video games development or not. Heck nowadays unless you are very very specialized there is no lack of anything in terms of manpower. For every job you resigned from there are probably 10 dozens of people who can replace you within the next week. Unless you are moving for promotion or have a clear opportunity (namely already gotten a new job), fighting towards a better job condition is what you do. If you get a golden ticket already you can fuck off somewhere. If you don't then you work on what you can internally. The fact that there is rarely any union for Video Games companies is unacceptable.

Additionally, a decent working condition is something that should be normal instead have to be looked for. Fighting for it in the company you are working now is nothing but commendable. Otherwise, capitalist shithead can treat their employee as garbage simply because they have a big name. The case in point is Amazon.

But hey Codex is full of conservtard chad out of touch with reality so what can we say?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Clearly spoken like a true retard whose life is handed on a silver spoon.
I'll be the first to admit that my life has also been handed to me on a silver spoon, but I realize that these are problems as well. This has more to do with how petty, vindictive, and corrupt you are. By the time you are 20, you should've realized there is suffering and pain in this world and don't need to personally experience all of it in order to understand it's a problem. Justifying, enabling or even praising brutality and cruelty is one of the worst things a human is capable of (outside of committing them yourself) and there is no honor, dignity or worth in this. Not caring about this further deepens your reprobate personality.

Lambach

Arcane
There is no lack of artist/programmer in the modern world be it in video games development or not. Heck nowadays unless you are very very specialized there is no lack of anything in terms of manpower.

Literally git gud, faggot. There's no shortage of code monkeys/script kiddies or retards who think they're graphic designers because they can do a couple of things in 3DS Max, true, but actual decent developers/designers are still in very high demand.

Otherwise, capitalist shithead can treat their employee as garbage simply because they have a big name. The case in point is Amazon.

I just can't imagine the amount of suffering a programmer, or any other high-skilled professional, working for Amazon goes through on a daily basis. My heart breaks. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom