Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does CD Projekt underpay and abuse its developers?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How can you be so deaf to other human beings' suffering
"I had to work long hours and... I got paid for it... it was so awful"
lmao get the fuck out of here
You truly are a sad person, I'm sorry.

I hope someday you will be able to experience the joy of feeling empathy for other human beings.
You're right, I can't feel empathy for overpaid crybabies. Excuse me while I go donate again to help feed the needy because 20 million people in my country suddenly became unemployed, and the people capable of telecommuting to their job make up a tiny minority of it.
There are bigger and more urgent problems, I agree. But we can face more problems at once and we should strive to solve them all, one by one.

If we had to decide between obtaining better working conditions for Amazon employees and saving CD Projekt developers from inhumane hours, I would gladly forget about this situation. But why should the two things be mutually exclusive?

Codex Year of the Donut

I hope someday you will be able to experience the joy of feeling empathy for other human beings.
You're right, I can't feel empathy for overpaid crybabies. Excuse me while I go donate again to help feed the needy because 20 million people in my country suddenly became unemployed, and the people capable of telecommuting to their job make up a tiny minority of it.
There are bigger and more urgent problems, I agree. But we can face more problems at once and we should strive to solve them all, one by one.

If we had to decide between obtaining better working conditions for Amazon employees and saving CD Projekt developers from inhumane hours, I would gladly forget about this situation. But why should the two things be mutually exclusive?
Because on the long list of things that are a problem that need outside help, overpaid crybabies working in a comfortable, air conditioned office don't even get to be on the list.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Because on the long list of things that are a problem that need outside help, overpaid crybabies working in a comfortable, air conditioned office don't even get to be on the list.
People deserve respect regardless of their job. I don't understand where this apathy of yours stems from. Is it envy? Lack of personal satisfaction or maybe an excess of it?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Literally git gud, faggot. There's no shortage of code monkeys/script kiddies or retards who think they're graphic designers because they can do a couple of things in 3DS Max, true, but actual decent developers/designers are still in very high demand.

If you think that the average common people are not deserving of humane working condition then there is no help for you. Heck even people with below-average capabilities are deserving humane living and working conditions. Heck everybody deserves that. But you do you in your retarded bubble.

I just can't imagine the amount of suffering a programmer, or any other high-skilled professional, working for Amazon goes through on a daily basis. My heart breaks.
The Amazon example is for the warehouse workers you retard. Shit working conditions can happen in various jobs at various levels.

A desk job with an air conditioner is not an indication of a good job. My average accounting/finance friends are paid normally as their position would but take nearly 80 - 90 hours/week, 3 weeks a month because their companies are cheapskates who hire few people while clearly the load is not manageable while also refusing to bring automation into their system. The moment they get a decent job offer they GTFO, even with lower salaries. But the companies doesn't care because there is no lack of accountant to replace them. The rest who has yet to get accepted need to suck it up because resigning before getting a new job is not really something everybody can afford.

Lambach

Arcane
If you think that the average common people are not deserving of humane working condition then there is no help for you.

Except that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying, but reading comprehension seems to be a dying art among virtue-signaling troglodytes like you.

The Amazon example is for the warehouse workers you retard. Shit working conditions can happen in various jobs at various levels.

And yet, it's the people sitting in chairs, typing on a keyboard inside a comfy office all day long that we hear bitching, whining and complaining the most about their "inhumane" working conditions, when they're the ones with the most options.

(I know because I'm one of them, 'cept I mostly work from home and don't bitch)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Just find a new job 4heads

Clearly spoken like a true retard whose life is handed on a silver spoon. There is no lack of artist/programmer in the modern world be it in video games development or not. Heck nowadays unless you are very very specialized there is no lack of anything in terms of manpower. For every job you resigned from there are probably 10 dozens of people who can replace you within the next week. Unless you are moving for promotion or have a clear opportunity (namely already gotten a new job), fighting towards a better job condition is what you do. If you get a golden ticket already you can fuck off somewhere. If you don't then you work on what you can internally. The fact that there is rarely any union for Video Games companies is unacceptable.

Literally git gud, faggot. There's no shortage of code monkeys/script kiddies or retards who think they're graphic designers because they can do a couple of things in 3DS Max, true, but actual decent developers/designers are still in very high demand.

Except that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying, but reading comprehension seems to be a dying art among virtue-signaling troglodytes like you.

My initial point is that people who are stuck in shit working conditions might do so because there is no critical demand for them. They can resign and then what? There are countless people eying for the same job at their level. It is exactly the lack of options that drive them to complain. There are countless people with the same skill levels as they are and there are very limited job.

Your response is to demean those people and say "Git Gud" if you want to get somewhere else. Meaning that those who can't are deserving of their shit job and shit working condition. My point is that regardless how good you are having a humane working and living condition is a must. Including the script kddies or 3DS Max people.

But sure, I fail at reading comprehension.

And yet, it's the people sitting in chairs, typing on a keyboard inside a comfy office all day long that we hear bitching, whining and complaining the most about their "inhumane" working conditions, when they're the ones with the most options.

:lol: Do you know what happens to Amazon or some megacompanies warehouse workers who are known to complain? They get fired next month. Heck in Asia this happens even with desk high level jobs. If you unionize or complain about working condition in social media you get fired. Even then there is no lack of movement for these people to get a better working condition. Of coruse the government being on leash of big corps means that nothing hardly happens. But the fact that you are not aware of this means you so blind of people outside of your bubble. Get out more. Speak more with people who are less fortunate. Get a reality check.

Delterius

Arcane
"capitalist lizards"
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F0b81567a-054e-11e9-83a9-aa6bb81799a5.png

Gotta believe.

Fuck me, look at those yellow icterish eyes. Now thats a case of hepatitis if i ever saw one
Lizards gave him the heps.

Codex Year of the Donut
My initial point is that people who are stuck in shit working conditions might do so because there is no critical demand for them. They can resign and then what? There are countless people eying for the same job at their level. It is exactly the lack of options that drive them to complain. There are countless people with the same skill levels as they are and there are very limited job.
Sure is impressive that a job that treats people like shit has people lining up around the block to apply for it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
People deserve respect regardless of their job. I don't understand where this apathy of yours stems from. Is it envy? Lack of personal satisfaction or maybe an excess of it?
You just don't understand. Caring about anyone else but yourself is simply virtue signaling. And that's bad, weak, slavish, feminine, emotional, illogical, meek, castrated.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Sure is impressive that a job that treats people like shit has people lining up around the block to apply for it.

Guess what? People need to work to eat. Revolutionary right? And that finding job in these days and age is not easy due to high competition? Oh what a surprise!

The fact that you are bearing with the job to get food on the table doesn't mean you can't do what you can to try to improve where you are now. Video games and IT companies are rarely unionized. They have no outlet to push their voices. So they try to make a movement outside the company through social media with hope that every so slightly, public pressure will make for a slight improvement inside the office. The changes might be superficial and far in between but you take what you can take.

Lambach

Arcane
Your response is to demean those people and say "Git Gud" if you want to get somewhere else.

Yeah, no, that was specifically a response to

There is no lack of artist/programmer in the modern world be it in video games development or not. Heck nowadays unless you are very very specialized there is no lack of anything in terms of manpower.

you absolute dumbfuck, which is why I've only quoted that specific part of the post.

But sure, I fail at reading comprehension.

You sure do, buddy.

Do you know what happens to Amazon or some megacompanies warehouse workers who are known to complain? They get fired next month.

It's almost as if that's the thing we should be discussing instead of some whiny faggot developer at BioWare being """forced""" to work overtime, when instead he can just pick his shit up and get a new job in 2-3 months at the very most.

Codex Year of the Donut
"This person is one of the lucky few who managed to get a highly sought after job! Every job they could apply to would have thousands of people competing for the job!"
"They deserve respect! They're being mistreated by the evil capitalist lizards!"

You faggots can't have this both ways. Either they're one of the few lucky people, or they're the downtrodden that need help.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
ou absolute dumbfuck, which is why I've only quoted that specific part of the post.

You absolute dumbfuck. That sentence is part of the whole paragraph. Nice job nitpicking it. Do reading comprehension in your high school said "look at one sentence, nitpick it, instead trying to understand the whole fiucking paragraph"?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What if the people complaining aren't coders who could work in other software projects, but writers who can only do games? :M

pomenitul

Arbiter
All I see is kapo bitches, sucking on a cock-shaped whip
Offering up the names of their fractious peers on a paper slip.
Take stock of your own thraldom, unbearable though it may be,
Lest you cuck yourself further, you who'd speak of sovereignty.

Lacrymas

Arcane
"This person is one of the lucky few who managed to get a highly sought after job! Every job they could apply to would have thousands of people competing for the job!"
"They deserve respect! They're being mistreated by the evil capitalist lizards!"

You faggots can't have this both ways.
You can! You can be lucky enough to find your dream/a well-paid job and unlucky enough to have horrible working conditions there. That doesn't mean we should care ONLY about game developers, they just came up in the conversation. You know, like specific topics tend to do, especially in specialized forums like this one.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't know about CDProjekt workers specifically, for all I know they're well paid snowflakes. But I always liked the complete absence of logic in the whole "are you FORCED to do it??? NO? then you have FREEDOM so everything bad that happens is YOUR FAULT" schtick

I guess you are totally free to walk away from your job at any time because there is always another job around the corner or you can just switch your career into a different profession instantly

And also if you ever whine about your work being too hard or you not being paid enough clearly that's just you being a loser because real strong men work 85 hours a day and also leave their job every other week when they don't like the terms but they don't actually need to because they have always made exactly the right decisions to work in the right professions

It's almost like that person can't handle the actual mental task of figuring out what kinds of coercion and pressures exist in the real world, which of those are reasonable and which of those are not, and sort the actual snowflakes from actual shit jobs. So they just use the 8 year old mental model where you can do anything you want instantly.

Waiting to see how many Codexers are actually coal miners or something.

Codex Year of the Donut
You know what? You guys are 100% right. You've convinced me.

Western developers don't deserve their jobs and this is the fastest way to get studios to close and relocate to places with developers that will cry less and make better games.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Of course. Why didn't I think of that before? Let's just relocate the suffering! Especially to a place which is even more awful and the employees have even less incentive/ability to complain. Genius!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
"being able to feed my family and pay rent is suffering"

When you need to do 90 hours a week? It is. It is a suffering that many people have to accept because troglodytes like you are blind that having a decent life means more than having money in your bank account

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom