Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Dayyālu

Arcane
Of course, I still have the map to generate. Did they change the rules again? I'd love to make the threads on the MP subforum where I have for some insane reason moderation powers, but no one would see them there. I could approve his messages in that case :negative:

Also, define "friend", if it's some kind of Slav with 35k hours I want to know what's coming at me

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Of course, I still have the map to generate. Did they change the rules again? I'd love to make the threads on the MP subforum where I have for some insane reason moderation powers, but no one would see them there. I could approve his messages in that case :negative:

Also, define "friend", if it's some kind of Slav with 35k hours I want to know what's coming at me
He's like a super veteran playing since Dom2 but also super bad at the game. Some people are resistant to learning...

Dayyālu

Arcane
He's like a super veteran playing since Dom2 but also super bad at the game. Some people are resistant to learning...

Hey, it's just like me. But I've been playing since Dom3 and I simply don't give a shit because I'm old and cranky. Oh well, 15 players is gud. Did he choose a nation to help me mapgen?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'd like to join as Patala. I'm the aforementioned scrub. However, Malakal is full of it - I've never played Dom2.

No biggie. I've started with Dominions 3 too. First, to properly apply you need to answer the following questions:

1) What is a RPG
2) It is possible to finish Fallout 1 without combat
3) What is your opinion on Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Welcome. We have 14 players.

The votes on Diplomacy, if I got 'em right, make Binding Diplo the winning option.

It seems that we'll have Cataclysm, and I'll evaluate on my retarded take when it's proper. We had a suggestion for turn 80, but maybe it's too far. Or maybe it's now.

Mapgen... Custom Map won.

I'm not particularly inclined to download and playtest a shitton of maps from Blitzserver, so I did a bit of search on the workshop. We're 14 players so 210 provinces is the "gold standard".

Edowyn (174 land, 43 sea)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3148993859&searchtext=

It's a Pymous map. So it's pretty as fuck and probably a complete PITA to play. Also 43 sea provinces ffs

Floating Arcipelago (169 land and 20 sea)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3213514239&searchtext=

A tad too small for our interests, also pretty as fuck and probably also completely fucking unplayable.

Orania (provinces: 259 land and 20 sea)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3264772717&searchtext=

It's a ported Dominions 2-era map. I quite like it and it looks playable. It's a tad too big for our interests and it would result in a 19 province expansion par player, changing somewhat the initial expansion routine.

Please make your opinion heard. Also if you found some better options I'll be delighted to include them.

Regarding Mods, Worthy Heroes has a handful of votes. I'd like also more votes on the Gem Longevity Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3270479661). I can understand why people like it, but I personally find it iffy and I'll need to test it on a lobby for compatibility issues. But if the majority wants it, I'll gladly concede.

PLS REPLY I VALUE EVERYONE'S OPINION ON THE MATTER
I vote for the bigger map, I think 17-20 provinces per player is perfect. Please directly ping me when the game starts since watching the thread didnt give me notifications for some reason. I'm still checking the thread periodically so won't go AWOL but I dont want to hold you guys up.

Gem longevity and worthy heroes are great mods. I also like sloops but understandable if people want to play vanilla. If you're on the fence of gem longevity you can do the phase-only one so it prevents the breaking siege to gemburn and making them storm without it, but still allows magic phase gem burning if you like that strategy (I don't and would vote for monthly retained gems)

Last edited:

EnragedEggplant

Barely Literate
1) What is a RPG
2) It is possible to finish Fallout 1 without combat
3) What is your opinion on Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
1) A roleplaying game
2) I don't know, but I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that there's only two mandatory fights in the entire game (however, I may be mixing things up with Planescape: Torment)
3) When it got released, I was excited to give it a try, as it looked promising. As soon as I entered the character generation screen, I saw "diety" and thought "Okay, that's just a typo." Then I saw it again and again and thought that if the game has been in development this many years and the spelling is in this sorry state even on the chargen screen, then what can you expect from the game itself? Thus, I still haven't even played it. My opinion is that the developer should get a dictionary.

Tanaka

Scholar

Great lets get this party started. My worm farm is starting to get out of control and I need to release them...

Andnjord

Arcane
I'll drop out of this one, tired of Dominions for now. So Pythium is also up for grabs for whoever wanted to play that.

Thanks for telling me before I started mapgen. A lifesaver.
I’m going to save your life once more and withdraw too. Two games at once (Fabulously Optimistic!) will be too much looking at my schedule for the coming months. I’ll join in the next one, whatever format it will be in!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Annnd it has started!

Let's forge an empire of Virtue in the land of degeneracy

Also, from the titles, Pantokrator's sake it's all Death (bar Piconye and me thankfully, we have standards)

Andnjord

Arcane
Who will take on the flame of journalistic integrity of YSian News? Who will impartially keep the masses abreast of the developments of fair late aged Codexia? Inquiring minds want to know as it seems reckless misinformation is already spreading its wretched wings.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Also, from the titles, Pantokrator's sake it's all Death (bar Piconye and me thankfully, we have standards)
Well the RNG hasn't been very inspired for mine. Where can you check the other pretenders titles ? I can never remember.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
5FpbKfp.jpeg

Please tell me I can cross those cave rivers :hmmm:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well the RNG hasn't been very inspired for mine. Where can you check the other pretenders titles ? I can never remember.

"Pretenders of the World" tab. The one where you check their blesses.

Please tell me I can cross those cave rivers

It's horrible but I'm laughing at it, it's horrible. Tell me your aboveground province is a Throne plis

You can if you took Cold dominion, it's Cold, or if you have amphibious troops. Or undead. You do have an aboveground expansion venue so it's not a disaster, but it's an incredibly crappy start, I agree. Maybe I should work on getting handchecked cave layers too.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mean its a three province capring capital, I have the same on the surface since I have throne in my cap ring...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom