Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

Andnjord

Arcane
You should post the games in the MP gaming area, so they're easier to spot for ppl looking for that
rpgcodex.png

What's next, quest compass? Frontpage news?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I want to debate the Heroism bless. In my opinion it is a really strong bless, bordering on OP for nations with good sacreds and readily available sacred mages. Assuming Heroism 4-5 If you fight the easy indies first you will get the first 2 stars after 2-3 battles which makes it better than the alternative (AS,DS etc). Your thugs and SCs will dominate the HoF. It also benefits your research corps.
So compared to: Attack,Defense skill, Precision etc it is much better as it does all. The only downside is the delay before the benefits kick in. Whats your opinion, considering other MP games?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I want to debate the Heroism bless. In my opinion it is a really strong bless, bordering on OP for nations with good sacreds and readily available sacred mages. Assuming Heroism 4-5 If you fight the easy indies first you will get the first 2 stars after 2-3 battles which makes it better than the alternative (AS,DS etc). Your thugs and SCs will dominate the HoF. It also benefits your research corps.
So compared to: Attack,Defense skill, Precision etc it is much better as it does all. The only downside is the delay before the benefits kick in. Whats your opinion, considering other MP games?
Commanders easily get the 1-2 stars without any bless, mages by sitting in labs, XP scaling and effects make it not worth it IMO. Did some testing and heroism just buys you a few turns advantage.

Getting the first stars is easy and further stars are less worth it.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
But commanders have consistently 1-2 stars more than without it during early/midgame. Which is the most important part of the game. As a non-incarnate bless it seems very strong as it bascially gives the combined benefits of AS/DS/Prec/magic scale for a long time.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But commanders have consistently 1-2 stars more than without it during early/midgame. Which is the most important part of the game. As a non-incarnate bless it seems very strong as it bascially gives the combined benefits of AS/DS/Prec/magic scale for a long time.
If your commanders are meant to fight they will quickly amass the 3 stars or so. If they are not its useless for them only providing some RP.

I prefer a targeted bless. Also Glamour sucks dick as a magic path.

Johannes

Arcane
After 2-3 battles you will have 1 star (15xp) anyway even without heroism. So getting 2 stars in that time, it's +1/1 more. For 4-5 points that's similar increase to what you'd get by investing in def or att, but depends on the timing whether you have such bonus or not. And you won't get more than +1/1 ever due to how xp levels scale. But getting the other bonuses from xp besides def/att is nice, too.

It's ok if you got leftover points, but nothing spectacular. Maybe better than straight att/def, but I wouldn't rate those very highly.

Trash Player

Augur
Put it this way: Heroism may be the best among the stat bonuses, but those are not impressive right now.
Dom 6 nerfs rainbow a lot and G isn't a particularly powerful path, bar a couple of options.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Put it this way: Heroism may be the best among the stat bonuses, but those are not impressive right now.
Dom 6 nerfs rainbow a lot and G isn't a particularly powerful path, bar a couple of options.
What options do you have in mind? Only good thing is fae summons that are great but expensive and maybe legions demise but that's thaum 9 and very theoretical spell.

Trash Player

Augur
Wailing Winds, Vengeance of the Dead, Charm, awe and luck effects are G now. New and old stealth granting items. Harmonica. Ring of the False Prophet, a non-artefact H booster. Legion's Demise is game defining from my understanding. Bypass BV/Regen. No army wide counter. Maybe Aurora Borealis. Doesn't look that strong but another disruptive battlefield spell doesn't hurt. Lore of Legends, very very niche but useful when it matters.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually I now remembered that Simulacurum could be a viable strat for a non immortal super caster pretender.

Charm I guess since not much else to cast, WW is obviously nice but thats crosspath, awe and luck are nice but I want something that kills enemies or at least disables them.

All things considered very niche.

Andnjord

Arcane
You’ve also got that battle summon spell, 20(+5) ethereal illusions for one gem, good against armies that don’t have magic weapons.

Tanaka

Educated
I agree I think it should be 25% not 35%...

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
There is something weird on the map of the latest codex game : provinces separated with water but with direct land connections :

labridge.jpg

Is is a bug or a feature ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom