Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Ninjerk

Arcane
They haven't done shit yet, so I'm sure they will.

I don't know why PPD is so hung up on picking fucking Razor core. Especially against a PL. It's a zero damage draft that has no lategame.

edit: I think a huge mistake is not banning BH during the second round. That's just too dangerous a hero to play against, track is OP as fuck.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
They simply did not think about the possibility of CDEC running their lanes the way they did. With absolutely no zoning potential, running the BH offlane until hes about lvl 5 and then giving the free lane to the tuskar was just genius.

Alright the other chink teams are fucking boring but CDEC has got the fighting spirit. I wouldn't be too mad if they won.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not mad? It'd be a freaking miracle, they're like the outsider, nobody expected too much from them I think, and here they are, keeping their calm during every teamfight that mattered.

edit: analyst: "razor is horrible"

Same thing happened to Newbee last year, almost eliminated during the group stages and then proceed to slaughter everyone. Last year's Newbee was boring as fuck though.

I think the key to beating CDEC is banning out BH and Gyro.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
VG saw EG pick Razor twice in a row and figured "We can lose with razor as well!" it's working out well so far.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Did you see that 3 hero scream kill? Iceiceice got a rocket fountain kill too that I missed :(

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I snarked too soon, VG is doing pretty well. Man, what happened with DotA, the chinese teams used to be the boring "FARM FARM FARM WE MUST FARM FOR THE GLORY OF CHINA" 70+ minute games, and now they're actually entertaining.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, Razor always has been Supers signature hero regardless of the meta. He always makes stuff happen with that hero.

Also, that whole misconception about chinese dota being boring etc. yadda yadda shouldve been proven wrong for more than a couple of years now. :/

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow at Hao and Vici. Probably the best teamfighting capabilities in the competition.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Also, that whole misconception about chinese dota being boring etc. yadda yadda shouldve been proven wrong for more than a couple of years now. :/

I'm sorry, but iG vs DK at TI3 cemented it firmly in my mind.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I'm sorry, but iG vs DK at TI3 cemented it firmly in my mind.
They certainly had some of the longest and most boring games ever, I'll give you that. But for every game like that, you could find a similar game between one of the prevalent western teams. For a while now I would argue that C9 is the team with the most extremely drawn out games, and the pre-shuffle EG liked to go super late aswell.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vici is terrifying. Winning with both Razor and QoP despite those heroes not winning many on the main stage.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I still find him boring, but it has to be a bit intimidating now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom