Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wow if they keep these fucking non-updates up I might just unpledge

"hue guys look at this new tier for 1000 dollars we will eat schafers shit over skype"
discuss the god damn game instead

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If the updates are so shitty... stop posting them?
Why should I? The Codex is instersted in this kickstarter (even if they just bash it), otherwise this thread would never got 13 pages in a few days.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Touché. It's why Mass Effect and Diablo 3 threads go on for a hundred pages.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Summary: Tim Schafer worked on some cool games decades ago and six years ago made a neat game in Psychonauts. Tasha Harris was essentially the sole developer, artist, designer, etc. of Costume Quest -- she since left Derple Fine and now works at Pixar. The rest of Derple Fine games are XBLA download titles and pedestrian at best. The only thing the company really excels at is marketing and appealing to hipsters.

Development of their relatively simple adventure game is taking forever never mind the fact they somehow ran out of money when they got nearly triple (quadruple? More?) what they asked for and now they want to make a strategy game helmed by some nobody who finds it necessary to pander to the gay Biowarian crowd. Does anything else need to be said? Wake me when it's available for $1 in Humble Bundle 15.
So, should I give them the orange or go directly for the brown?

Divinity: Original Sin
It's hard to understand how this game can receive lots of pleges and reach it's goal in less than a week, when that chris taylor game, wildman, failed. Wildman was presented in the same way: board sketches explainig their intentions, but even them seemd like they knew what they're going to do and what the game would be like. And the comparison here is just because I had the feeling both games are strategies (TB or RT) with a gimmick (bloodlines or discover technology to progress), and there's similarities. It's strange because people prefer to pledge to a nobody blessed by tim schafer than to a household name like chris taylor.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's hard to understand how this game can receive lots of pleges and reach it's goal in less than a week, when that chris taylor game, wildman, failed. Wildman was presented in the same way: board sketches explainig their intentions, but even them seemd like they knew what they're going to do and what the game would be like. And the comparison here is just because I had the feeling both games are strategies (TB or RT) with a gimmick (bloodlines or discover technology to progress), and there's similarities. It's strange because people prefer to pledge to a nobody blessed by tim schafer than to a household name like chris taylor.

That shows the name power of Tim Schafer versus Chris Taylor.

How Kickstarter Got Gay Marriage Into Massive Chalice
“We did not talk about [the possibility of gay marriage] until we launched the Kickstarter,” he tells RPS. “We were so focused on pure pragmatic mechanics and how it would work and coupling and all these things that we hadn’t [considered it]. That was something I got kinda blindsided by. That was really unfortunate. It kinda makes me feel shitty that it’s not something I’d thought of. I think it’s sort of hetero privilege that I didn’t see it coming.”
Oh, RPS. :hmmm: And to think that there was a time when I actually liked most of your materials.

DeepOcean

Arcane
From Rockpapershotgun:
"We’ve been talking about ways to actually incorporate gay marriage,” Muir continues. “One of the suggestions was to allow couples – male/female or otherwise - to contribute to the good of the realm via means other than childbirth. So couples could raise children or research technology. That’s one interesting way to handle it. And then if you couple it with the ability to foster children, I think that’s a way you could have same-sex couples in the game. And it’s optional. People can choose to engage it or not.”
“The other option is to be less explicit about it. Maybe these aren’t marriages. Maybe you’re just retiring two heroes in the same keep. Because I really like it when more procedural, systemic games allow the player to kind of use their imagination a little more to fill in the gaps of what’s actually happening.”
The yes men won , really occidental culture has no future.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How would the same-sex couples work? Does everyone have a hetero/homo stat? Can I just pair off any two men? Will one have to court the other? All I can picture is a kid ramming two dolls together.

The premise for the game seems pretty cool. It's unfortunate that Double Fine is involved, since I don't like any of their games.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is such a bad precedent... now every goddamn kickstarter will have gay cruzaders... they are biulding up to a point where not having gay marriage will cause your game to be "homophobic", even if ti makes no sense whatsoever to have it...

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well, at least is going to be interesting to see how the inclusiveness horde changes the Double Fine forums, or maybe even the whole company. Would they end up like Bioware? Are the biodrones kind of like a hive mind EA, taking gaming companies by storm and twisting them to their image? Will Tim Schafer end up writing erotic hipster furry fiction?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think it’s sort of hetero privilege that I didn’t see it coming.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is how a pussy-whipped person would talk. If gay activists had pussies. This is more like cock-slapped.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
From RPS comments:

What about trans* individuals? Dare I say someone has forgotten to check their cisprivilege?

And hermaphrodites

And Intersexuals and Eunichs for that matter.

Don’t forget asexuals and pansexuals. They need representation as well.

Don’t forget transrace. “I used to be an Ogre, but now I’m an Elf!”

Kinda like Aerie from BG2.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
From RPS comments:

What about trans* individuals? Dare I say someone has forgotten to check their cisprivilege?

And hermaphrodites

And Intersexuals and Eunichs for that matter.

Don’t forget asexuals and pansexuals. They need representation as well.

Don’t forget transrace. “I used to be an Ogre, but now I’m an Elf!”

Kinda like Aerie from BG2.

Then answer to all of those is:

"In due time, in due time."

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So a week after the campaign has launched it seems they haven't made any decisions about Massive Chalice except that it will feature same sex (arranged?!) marriages. FFS Double Fine. I don't care if gay heroes are in or out (heuhuehue) but the entire design guide seems to still be half-assed on a dry erase board and this is the one aspect they've written in stone and it's pretty much counter-intuitive to the stated premise of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom