Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Semiurge

Cipher
I wonder how art style will change, given their latest investemnt in anime faggotry and comic degeneracy.

I do hate these special snowflake demon girls.

She's clearly a stand-in for a sassy north-african mulatto. Look at the facial features, not just the dusky skintone.

Still kino

Leliana can fly!

Still kino

And the actual battle was even more epic. Didn't manage to kill the high dragon in 30 seconds for sure,nor with the generic lightning spell.
:martini:

The high dragons and drakes have a substantial amount of magic resistance in addition to basic fire resistance, or should anyway.

J1M

Arcane
You do kill Corypheous in DA2. In the DLC, at least. The entire plot to DAI is a major asspull. I also remember Corypheous having a silly german accent, like Dr Strangelove type shit, in DA2. They changed it in 2. If anything the Architect from DAO:Awakenings would've made a better villain. And you can make him leave alive too.
It's cool how from 2 on they acted like Awakening never even existed as a DLC. The Architect was a genuinely interesting villain with reasonable motives and he gave a unique take on the Darkspawn as a whole. Apparently Corypheus the Power Rangers villain and Solas the godly self insert were just too irresistible for Bioware's new pissbrain writers.
To be fair, a lot of us skipped that DLC because it was DLC.

You do kill Corypheous in DA2. In the DLC, at least. The entire plot to DAI is a major asspull. I also remember Corypheous having a silly german accent, like Dr Strangelove type shit, in DA2. They changed it in 2. If anything the Architect from DAO:Awakenings would've made a better villain. And you can make him leave alive too.
It's cool how from 2 on they acted like Awakening never even existed as a DLC. The Architect was a genuinely interesting villain with reasonable motives and he gave a unique take on the Darkspawn as a whole. Apparently Corypheus the Power Rangers villain and Solas the godly self insert were just too irresistible for Bioware's new pissbrain writers.
Then why acknowledge a DLC from 2, and not Awakenings? It was a full expansion after all.

Myobi

Liturgist

Dragon Age II trailer wasn't bad either, sad it didn't translate too well into the game... even sadder that it wasn't the worse that Bioware came to release.

J1M

Arcane
To understand what happened to Bioware, you need to understand geography. Edmonton, Canada is a frozen hellscape. Importing talent there when trying to start a game studio is not feasible. That means the people who made early Bioware games were amateurs that happened to live in Edmonton already. Fans making what they would like.

Over time, the employees became self conscious and wanted to be "real" game devs making "cinematic" games. Imposters making what they thought other game devs would make.

J1M

Arcane
Then why acknowledge a DLC from 2, and not Awakenings? It was a full expansion after all.
It wasn't well-marketed. I wasn't even aware it existed until I heard about Inquisition.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wonder how art style will change, given their latest investemnt in anime faggotry and comic degeneracy.

She's clearly a stand-in for a sassy north-african mulatto. Look at the facial features, not just the dusky skintone.

From my personal experience, mulatto women are emotional, even violent, but this has little to do with what we see in the series. This type of infantilism is definitely white girl Tumbrl.

I'm no cartoon expert, but isn't this a bigger trend of infantilizing black people? Make them weak and pathetic like the whites and yellows? Is this the new equality - a world where everyone, regardless of race, is the same weak, childish, pathetic creature?

Just look on modern fandoms :D

From my personal experience, mulatto women are emotional, even violent, but this has little to do with what we see in the series. This type of infantilism is definitely white girl Tumbrl.

I'm no cartoon expert, but isn't this a bigger trend of infantilizing black people? Make them weak and pathetic like the whites and yellows? Is this the new equality - a world where everyone, regardless of race, is the same weak, childish, pathetic creature?

it's that thing tariq nasheed was talking about

buck status: broken

9ted6

Educated

Dragon Age II trailer wasn't bad either, sad it didn't translate too well into the game... even sadder that it wasn't the worse that Bioware came to release.

It's not as terrible as Shitquisition but you can see signs of what was to come. Sacred Ashes was D&D action sure, but this one feels more like it's an anime especially with the cartoonishly oversized weapons. It also looks uglier or more rushed overall. Still not terrible but way less representative of what the actual game would be.

Shaja

Educated
The Dragon Age (TM) Netflix ® show is incredibly good! How could I miss it all this time???

Like, it can improve your health as well.

I´ve been having problems with sleeping during the past months mainly from noises from the autistic neighbours and bloody dogs barking ouside. It all finished while I was trying to watch the show, finally could sleep so well and quickly.

I´m expecting Dreadwolf to be beneficial as well <3

Myobi

Liturgist

It's not as terrible as Shitquisition but you can see signs of what was to come. Sacred Ashes was D&D action sure, but this one feels more like it's an anime especially with the cartoonishly oversized weapons. It also looks uglier or more rushed overall. Still not terrible but way less representative of what the actual game would be.

...and I think those are far from its biggest problems, besides the sickening reuse of of map assets, the dumbing down of most Origin systems were the worst to me, the combat, the magic, the tactics setup...

MerchantKing

Learned

it's that thing tariq nasheed was talking about

buck status: broken

a0a.png

Camel

Scholar
You do kill Corypheous in DA2. In the DLC, at least.
It's heavily implied Corypheus possessed one of the Grey Wardens you side with.
Still kino

Great cinematic trailer and shows character of two women in your party nicely.

Over the top anime-style garbage.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
IIRC, to this day, the Mass Effect/Dragon Age trailers were the only western RPG trailers I saw on tv. I remember being wowed that they could afford the air time.

Falksi

Arcane
Best thing about that trailer is how the Arishock battle is one of THE single worse battles in gaming history. No matter what your class or setup, it's boring as fuck.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It was Dragon Age 2 that showed the main sign of a degeneracy - oversized animu weapons and massive use of "combat acrobatics". You see that in any WRPG - be assured it is fucked as infection took hold and tumors are spreading fast.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The Dragon Age (TM) Netflix ® show is incredibly good! How could I miss it all this time???

Like, it can improve your health as well.

I´ve been having problems with sleeping during the past months mainly from noises from the autistic neighbours and bloody dogs barking ouside. It all finished while I was trying to watch the show, finally could sleep so well and quickly.

I´m expecting Dreadwolf to be beneficial as well <3
And there you go folks. The people have spoken!
ceb63b7005da2b1ea73dcdbadb71eaad.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It was Dragon Age 2 that showed the main sign of a degeneracy - oversized animu weapons and massive use of "combat acrobatics". You see that in any WRPG - be assured it is fucked as infection took hold and tumors are spreading fast.
Ah yes, those are the problems with DA2... What an insightful analysis.

Camel

Scholar
Best thing about that trailer is how the Arishock battle is one of THE single worse battles in gaming history. No matter what your class or setup, it's boring as fuck.
I remember how tedious was single combat against Arishock as a mage.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's a boring shitty fight no matter what. Lots of running in circles.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They multiplied that experience by x100 in Inquisition where every boss or even common enemy was an enourmous hp bloat AND level scaling.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't remember Dragon Age combat ever being all that interesting. The aesthetics were also bad.

Flashy anime shit + lame looking armor design + oversized weapons because apparently gamers have bad eye sight.

The only interesting fights were the occasional scripted ones like dragons.

Combat in DA in general was a chore and dragon fights were more a thing of attrition rather than strategy.

Bioware have been consistent in the animu-ification of their stuff though. They belong to a generation which was hit hard by how massive Final Fantasy 7 got at some point, together with Black Isle.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Combat in DA in general was a chore and dragon fights were more a thing of attrition rather than strategy.

Bioware have been consistent in the animu-ification of their stuff though. They belong to a generation which was hit hard by how massive Final Fantasy 7 got at some point, together with Black Isle.

They didn't even do animu-ification right though. The proper way to do it is to adopt the character tropes and giant titty fetishes.

Instead they combined ugly-ass western RPG characters with giant anime weapons.

Nobody asked for this.

Ryzer

Arcane

They didn't even do animu-ification right though. The proper way to do it is to adopt the character tropes and giant titty fetishes.
The sister of the PC has big titties in DA2 though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom