Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

negator2vc

Scholar
Not even the game's name is safe from these idiotic "devs".

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Dragon Age: Dreadwolf transitioned to Veilguard.
piFmybb.png

I wonder why his tweets are protected. Maybe the game's name change has something to do with his ouster?

Rêve chimérique, but imagine something like this: A meeting of EA executives. Suddenly Bob stands up and says - "The company is bleeding money, but there is no money from Blackrock!" "We must act!" - ordered Tim, and then calls Bioware - "Hey, you idiots from Canada, stop the trannnies, and more tits!"

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Falksi

Arcane
It's laughable how the series started with the intent of being a coherent narrative (Origins) and can't even maintain a coherent setting.
What's incoherent about it? Other than the orcs being changed between DAO and DA2, I don't recall other retcons.
Dragon Age 2 felt like it was a fucking parody it was so inconsistent...

f8jAoJQ.jpg

vXORrvj.png

bZzcvD4.png

Larianshill

Arbiter
Flemeth was especially jarring. With qunari, I could sort of suspend my disbelief, because at least they acted sort of like what Sten described them as, but Flemeth looked and acted like a different person.

Tytus

Arcane
Flemeth was especially jarring. With qunari, I could sort of suspend my disbelief, because at least they acted sort of like what Sten described them as, but Flemeth looked and acted like a different person.

According to Gaider those two models (Qunari and Flementh) were designed during Origins days, but they ran out of time/money to finish them. So when they started working on DA2 decided to use them or make it "like the Klingon thing" to quote him. And that "those models are so cool nobody will care"

He said as much in one of the long form Dragon Age retrospectives he decided to do an interview for.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wonder why his tweets are protected. Maybe the game's name change has something to do with his ouster?
He reportedly was removed during 2023 layoffs.

Are you sure? I thought he was the one who stayed in the band.

According to Gaider those two models (Qunari and Flementh) were designed during Origins days, but they ran out of time/money to finish them. So when they started working on DA2 decided to use them or make it "like the Klingon thing" to quote him. And that "those models are so cool nobody will care"

He said as much in one of the long form Dragon Age retrospectives he decided to do an interview for.

So, Flemeth in Origins hasn't boob-window for budget reasons?

Tytus

Arcane
He reportedly was removed during 2023 layoffs.

Are you sure? I thought he was the one who stayed in the band.

So, Flemeth in Origins hasn't boob-window for budget reasons?

Yup, if they had their way, boobed window "GILF" (those sick fucks) Flemeth would be in Origins.

9ted6

Educated
Veilguard sounds like a moba character or WoW class. They should just change it to DA4 at this point.

Vulpes

Scholar

The only two things DA2 did right tbh

9ted6

Educated
BioWare general manager Gary McKay stated that the retitling was not due focus testing:
We actually think sticking with Dreadwolf would have been the safer choice – 'Dread Wolf' is a cool name after all! In the end, it was most important for us to have a title that was authentic to the companions that are the heart of this adventure we've created. We've worked throughout development to create really incredible backstories for each companion that intersect with the main narrative in meaningful ways.
Smells woke and sounds gay.

Gaider says that alot but it sounds like damage control to me. First he said Qunari were always supposed to have horns but they couldn't fix helmets to work with Sten's model, then he said it's because they ran out of money and time. Meanwhile early concept art shows Sten completely hornless.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sales depend on how many queerosexual gendermancers this franchise has managed to retain. If I were to guess, I'd say not many, but the ones who exist will buy it no doubt.

I thought Flemeth was because she's a shapeshifter and in 2 and Inquisition she doesn't bother with the humble old woman disguise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom